• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Napa Valley Grapevine

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Are you an active player of Napa?
Do you "love" the Napa shard & wish to see it thrive?
Are you willing to contribute time & resources toward that goal?

Then the Napa Valley Grapevine is looking for you!

Hi everyone.

I'm Kirthag (like you can't tell). In the shard I'm Kirth Dorn, and a few other names (I won't mention :p). I'm a pre-Trammel player who thrives in the Ultima Universe and wishes to inject the Napa Valley shard with some much needed activity-juice. In the past I organized the Napa Valley Fairs as well as hosted several story nights and participated in some fun RPVP as well as straight PK-ing in Felucca.

I am not secular in my play style - Warrior, Paladin, Mage, Tamer, Stealther, Crafter - I have them all. I'm not the best pvper, but I try. I'm not the end-all role player, but that is my preferred style. What I am is an awesome organizer - and that is why I'm back.

Ultima Online has a sort of... flavor... which cannot be found anywhere else. Believe me, I've looked. Those other games try to get there, but it just doesn't happen. I've thought long and hard - coming to realize it is 1 - the people; 2 - the crafting; 3 - the ability to customize.

My reason for returning? An old-time friend told me UO was "free" to us old-timers, so I jumped on board and together we explored a bit. I then realized just how good I feel as I play - just how comfortable it all is. As my fingers started to remember my old macros, I settled into the decision to come back and pick up where I left off with some changes.

I'll not bore you anymore with the chatter, except to say that this returning player is doing so with a much different attitude. My joy is in organizing and participating in events that involve as many as want to participate - and that is what I am concentrating on. To accomplish that end, I formed the Napa Valley Grapevine.

The NVG (or just "Grapevine") is a guild with two levels of membership.
1 - In-game (an active character actually in the guild)
2 - Out-of-game (registered on nvg.guildlaunch.com)

Members of the NVG with in-game membership is just that, a member in the Ultima Online game who bears the NVG guild letters and a title. (In the old days, this would be an active character on the guild-stone.) These members would be both in-game and out-of-game on the guild website.

Some people may not want to leave their current guild in-game. They may still be a part of the Grapevine by joining us Out-of-Game on our website. This would be especially true of people who already lead their own guilds in-game but still would like to be a part of the Grapevine.

To become a member in game
Find me (Kirth Dorn) in the game. ^.^ I am currently running around the Stygian Abyss lands gathering resources and being killed! lol! Sometimes I even venture into Felucca to gather resources. (Don't kill me if you wanna join!) Or just sitting in my current house just north of Cove.

To become a member of the website
You have to register an account with GuildLaunch (if you don't have one already) and then apply for membership to the Grapevine. The address is http://nvg.guildlaunch.com. Just click on the "Apply to guild" link in the left column and follow the instructions. After I approve of your application, you will then gain access to the member-only features on the site.

What is expected of members...
1 - Participate in the planning, organization and implementation of various guild-organized events on Napa Valley Shard.
2 - Regularly donate resources, gold, time & good humor to the guild which will be used for the benefit of all who participate in the NVG hosted events.
3 - Have fun!

I am not picky about membership. You can be red, blue, purple, pink for all I care. All I really ask is to be active in whichever level of membership you join, and to contribute to the guild's goal of bringing Napa Valley some much needed player activity. The more active, the merrier we all will be!

If you want to learn more about the NVG, then visit the website or catch me on ICQ (55-948-266).