• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Napa Valley Church

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pacem

Come join us Tuesday evenings. A truely unique event, and something the whole family can enjoy! Have many of your questions answered in a warm and friendly atmosphere. Our get-togethers are every Tuesday evening 9:00pm EST. No name calling, cuss words or bashing are allowed. I look forward to seeing you there.

Kimberly

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Matthew,

This is Wanderer/A Legend. I have donated to your church a few times (the box of Holy Communion, the old holiday card from God, etc.). So, please know that I am not opposed to you having a church or using the game as a venue to worship and to educate others about your religion.

Having said that...

I am respectfully requesting that you please stop putting out the preaching llamas. They are causing many people to think of you as someone who "shoves his religion down other people's throats" and, frankly, a lot of people just find them annoying. Inviting people inside your church to listen to gospel is one thing. Broadcasting it all over Luna, to me, feels disrespectful of others who do not wish to participate in your church.

I hope you will at least consider my request.

~ Kimberly

M

MorganaLeFey

Matthew,

This is Wanderer/A Legend. I have donated to your church a few times (the box of Holy Communion, the old holiday card from God, etc.). So, please know that I am not opposed to you having a church or using the game as a venue to worship and to educate others about your religion.

Having said that...

I am respectfully requesting that you please stop putting out the preaching llamas. They are causing many people to think of you as someone who "shoves his religion down other people's throats" and, frankly, a lot of people just find them annoying. Inviting people inside your church to listen to gospel is one thing. Broadcasting it all over Luna, to me, feels disrespectful of others who do not wish to participate in your church.

~ Kimberly
//signed//

I agree totally.

P

Pacem

Kimberly: I truely do appreciate your donations, and the time you have taken to write this post to me. People do not realize they can put the packies on ignore, and hence the problem ceases permanently.
As soon as I can get enough resources together to mass-produce runes, and are able to start gating from Luna bank, I will start doing so. In the meantime, please consider the following words.

Bear in mind, the following text is not meant in disrespect to anyone, but is simply reasoning on my part that I humbly ask that anyone that has complaints about the packies consider:

"I have noticed that many of you complain about the broadcast packies, that they spam up where you hang out and chat with your friends.
But as I have often said before:
You can put them on ignore, just like any player.
But, of course, the response some of you may come back with would be,
'I shouldn't have to put them on ignore!'
...and then you refuse to do so.
So, if you refuse to put them on ignore, a task that would take 20 seconds tops, then I humbly submit that it is YOU who choose to listen to them.
So, to complain about them does no good whatsoever.

"I do not mean to sound harsh...

"but, if you are not willing to put them on ignore, then it is you that have chosen to put up with the text.
If you ignore them, the problem is gone, and you can chat away
not hearing a single word from the packies.

"That said, if you still refuse to ignore them, then it is my prayer
that the hearing of God's Word benifits you, and that God moves your heart, so that you may come to a better understanding of the One who truely loves you.

"It is not a personal attack, nor anything else you (corporate) have mentioned. The very reason there are other cultures and beliefs in this game is why the church is on Sonoma, Napa, and Lake Austin, with witnessing and answering questions on the other english speaking shards. Believe it or not, some people actually listen to the packies, and then come to me with honest questions. I have seen people saved, healed, many misconceptions corrected, and the love of Christ spread. So, if God is blessing in this manner, and fruit is being produced, then this is not a bad thing.

"In short: the solution? Every week, I use the same packies that were used the previous week. I am no longer purchasing fresh packies, but stabling the ones I use, to be used again. So, once people put them on ignore, they will never be heard again.

"Jesus as well met with some very harsh criticism, many not wanting him to preach because it tred on their beliefs and traditions. But He knew what He was doing, and still does. I am not Jesus, but I follow His example and spread the Word to those who will listen. Those that don't want to can put me and my packies on ignore."

Taking the above into consideration, there is one more topic:
To ask that I do not witness or preach or tell others about Jesus outside of the church's four walls is something that I cannot do. The church isn't just the four walls of a building... and God/God's Word is not, nor can it be confined or boxed. It is meant to be told to everyone that will listen. So that is what I must always do, though some may disagree and be offended. Consider the above about Jesus. Jesus offended many people, but others did hear and came to Him. The missions on UO are no different. Many were offended and hurled all sorts of insults, though none were ever returned. But in all that chaos, some did hear that have come to me later on and asked questions, and some have literally come to Christ right in UO! :) So, I can't stop telling others about Him, not just inside the church, but outside as well. God puts people at just the right place at just the right time.

That is all, I will say no more. :)
Be blessed, and happy hunting

Otis Firefly

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Matthew,

Having said that...

~ Kimberly
signed
( the pack llama broadcasting shows nothing but desperation to convert in my honest opinion, you don't see pack llama's saying got buddha ?, satan, scientology, wicca and the list go's on, these religions dont have to advertise in these ways because they believe people can decide for themselve what they want and choose to believe...pathetic despiration to convert is all i see from it!...sorry, thats just my opinion and i believe if anything it would push some people away)...just my 2 cents again lol

Tom_Builder

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Matthew,

Having said that...

~ Kimberly
--Signed--

Tom_Builder

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kimberly: I truely do appreciate your donations, and the time you have taken to write this post to me. People do not realize they can put the packies on ignore, and hence the problem ceases permanently.
As soon as I can get enough resources together to mass-produce runes, and are able to start gating from Luna bank, I will start doing so. In the meantime, please consider the following words.

Bear in mind, the following text is not meant in disrespect to anyone, but is simply reasoning on my part that I humbly ask that anyone that has complaints about the packies consider:

"I have noticed that many of you complain about the broadcast packies, that they spam up where you hang out and chat with your friends.
But as I have often said before:
You can put them on ignore, just like any player.
But, of course, the response some of you may come back with would be,
'I shouldn't have to put them on ignore!'
...and then you refuse to do so.
So, if you refuse to put them on ignore, a task that would take 20 seconds tops, then I humbly submit that it is YOU who choose to listen to them.
So, to complain about them does no good whatsoever.

"I do not mean to sound harsh...

"but, if you are not willing to put them on ignore, then it is you that have chosen to put up with the text.
If you ignore them, the problem is gone, and you can chat away
not hearing a single word from the packies.

"That said, if you still refuse to ignore them, then it is my prayer
that the hearing of God's Word benifits you, and that God moves your heart, so that you may come to a better understanding of the One who truely loves you.

"It is not a personal attack, nor anything else you (corporate) have mentioned. The very reason there are other cultures and beliefs in this game is why the church is on Sonoma, Napa, and Lake Austin, with witnessing and answering questions on the other english speaking shards. Believe it or not, some people actually listen to the packies, and then come to me with honest questions. I have seen people saved, healed, many misconceptions corrected, and the love of Christ spread. So, if God is blessing in this manner, and fruit is being produced, then this is not a bad thing.

"In short: the solution? Every week, I use the same packies that were used the previous week. I am no longer purchasing fresh packies, but stabling the ones I use, to be used again. So, once people put them on ignore, they will never be heard again.

"Jesus as well met with some very harsh criticism, many not wanting him to preach because it tred on their beliefs and traditions. But He knew what He was doing, and still does. I am not Jesus, but I follow His example and spread the Word to those who will listen. Those that don't want to can put me and my packies on ignore."

Taking the above into consideration, there is one more topic:
To ask that I do not witness or preach or tell others about Jesus outside of the church's four walls is something that I cannot do. The church isn't just the four walls of a building... and God/God's Word is not, nor can it be confined or boxed. It is meant to be told to everyone that will listen. So that is what I must always do, though some may disagree and be offended. Consider the above about Jesus. Jesus offended many people, but others did hear and came to Him. The missions on UO are no different. Many were offended and hurled all sorts of insults, though none were ever returned. But in all that chaos, some did hear that have come to me later on and asked questions, and some have literally come to Christ right in UO! :) So, I can't stop telling others about Him, not just inside the church, but outside as well. God puts people at just the right place at just the right time.

That is all, I will say no more. :)
Be blessed, and happy hunting

Please keep in mind that alot of us come on UO to get away from the stress of work, home, and other real world worries. If I want to go to church and listen to someone talk about a god I dont believe in I will. In UO I want to Kill People.

R

Richard Pryor

While I don't agree with anybody using pack horses to spam anything, the refusal to simply put them on ignore makes no sense.

If his spam bothers you, put it on ignore.

M

MorganaLeFey

I have been in game way before this church and I should be able to enjoy my time in game the way I am used to and see fit (within keeping of the TOS of course.) And, to do so without having to alter the format in which I've been accustomed to playing all these years (evolutionary changes of the game excepted, naturally).

Having said that, I've never placed anything or anyone in game on ignore, and I do not intend to now. Simple as that.

Until the powers that be say I no longer have this privilege then, at that point it will be time for me to quit and be done with the game.

I was raised to respect all religious beliefs and taught that no one should be forced fed the dogma of others.

That's all I have to say about it.

Ken of Napa

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Matthew,

Having said that...

~ Kimberly

Signed:

The only good thing I can see about the packy's, is that perhaps it'll drive the folks back to Brit Bank and get away from Luna ;)
(I Hope I Hope)
Just my 2c worth ;)

Ken

S

Sunrise

Nuke luna Nuke luna...

Tho.... if ya dont like it..MAKE your OWN CHURCH! Or what ever :D make some lamas...

I have to get kudos to this guy for doing it...On the other hand hes not breaking any rules...so if ya dont like it..either expect it..OR make your own! isnt that what UO is all about????? the whole role playing??? The whole if ya dont like it leave? there are more towns? more places??? Dang folks..have we really moved that far from UO??? :D

Just my 2 cents.. :D I understand Luna..I understand Bank sitting etc etc..but seriously..Give some of the other towns some loving...not many of us left...

Btw if ya can afford anything in luna...Then ya got gold :p go EXPLORE :D even if ya seen it a million times ;D Play it again for the first time :D

SAVATAGE

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I.. being native american find it truely vile to hear or see this text in game... I really dont think online games are a place for religion among many other things. I DO view this as harassment...

S

Sunrise

Rolls eyes....Ok if its breaking stratics rules Lock IT..simple as that..

Now as for UO...In UO U can BE just about anything!!! A 12 year old boy whos a murderer..or a 56 year old male who plays a female Mage. ..Been that way since day one..Its all about ROLE PLAYING..If ya dont like it..Leave the area.....Simple as that...Its a BIG world out there...Sorry if we have all gotten to greedy to have that earsed from our minds..I blame that on fel and tram :D

Besides..dont the reds get a kick out of 2 shot? or being called out saying they used cheats? I find it offensive that I can be killed in 2 shots from 5 screens.. I find it offensive how PvP is really just a gank hunt..and NOT real pvp...Whats the difference? I just move on...Nothing to see here :D

Simple as that....dang folks....dont like it...leave the area...Theres more worlds

Ok..to the bar.... :D

H

Hooli Gan

Why o why would you need to gate from 1 screen away? lmao

Mumbojumbo ...yeah i like big words too

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My ignore feature doesnt work - I can't ignore anything or anyone, even if I want to. Guess that means I am just SOL and either subject myself to propaganda or stay out of Luna. I choose the latter. Tuesdays I refuse to step foot inside the city.

P

Pennywise

I will come if they have flagelets on display, and naked nuns...and wine.

kaiya_uo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
no offense to you , you are a great guy, but i have to agree that you should keep it down to a minimum, because everyone does not have the same beliefs as you.

Rotgut Willy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My ignore feature doesnt work - I can't ignore anything or anyone, even if I want to. Guess that means I am just SOL and either subject myself to propaganda or stay out of Luna. I choose the latter. Tuesdays I refuse to step foot inside the city.
Then it's obviously God's will that you should hear His words. You know the punishment for not heeding them.. ever lasting torment.

Hehe j/k. I honestly though the whole church in UO thing was some sort of joke. A satire. Apparently not, but I still think it's funny.

Gus of Llanowar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
a satire is a little goat boy. and kim i honor u as refering to urself as a legend. personally i live in luna and right across the street and ive never seen these llamas and ive seen alot of llamas. for whatever reason everyones llamas end upon my third floor where they just wander around. and ive never caught a religous one. most are named a or b or c and some arent named at all. And everyone should expect Otis to comment on this because he is in fact a Canadian

Status
Not open for further replies.