• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Nancy's Fifth LS Fishing Contest

Nancy's Fifth LS Fishing Contest
Posted by Varingian
Nancy's Harbor Cafe Lake Superior
Sunday, February 14, 2016 - 12:00 AM
Until: Saturday, February 27, 2016 - 12:00 AM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/New_York)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/New_York

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Varingian

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Nancy's Fifth!

Over 200 million in prizes!

All submissions must be caught on or between 2/14/16 and 2/27/16. This will be for fish and crustaceans. Enchanted Fish and Legendary Fish are in play as well as the Mud Puppy, Red Herring, and generic, "Big" Fish.
All submissions must be turned in to the mailbox at Nancy's Harbor Cafe before midnight EST on 2/27/16. Runes to the Cafe will be available during the launch event on 2/13/16.

The pay out will be determined as follows:

For the largest submission of any given prize fish a cash prize of 2 million gold will be awarded. If the winning submission is larger than the currently displayed fish of that type the prize will jump to 5 million gold. The top catches on display at Nancy's Harbor Cafe can be found in the Trophy Room. With all 38 prize fish in play the total cash prizes will range from 76 to 190 million!
The largest overall submission will claim the bonus prize of a deed for a BRITANNIAN SHIP. The second largest overall submission will be awarded a deed for an ORC SHIP.

And as usual all participants who submit a fish will receive a personalized "participation' prize pack.

Ties will be settled as follows: The earliest date caught will be used to break ties in weight. If a tie still exists the prize will be split as evenly as possible between the submissions.

Good luck and get casting!

We will be kicking off the contest at 9PM EST on 2/13/16 with a massive White Net toss at Nancy's Harbor Cafe. We have many nets but if you have some you'd like to add please bring them along!

Sarak

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
i will be there! looking forward to it. also where is the launch at on feb 13? nancy's cafe? i will be coming from cats.

Sarak

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
tell your friends about mine which begins on cats jan 29-feb7 launch is jan 28 8pm edt with 1/2 1/2 drawing, details are on the homepage of uoguide, left side. hope to see you there, im definitely coming to yours, itlls be fantastic

Sarak

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
when u say the most turned in fish, is that mean, the most of each type, the most of fish overall? and does that include crustaceans as well in the total??

Sarak

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
not to ask a bunch of questions, but what do you mean by the largest overall submission??

Sarak

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
unless im missing something, there are 14 legendary; 14 rare, then the green and the blue big fish, that mkae 30; then the mud puppy and red herring which make 32, if u count the crustaceans both legendary and rare thats an addition 9 for a grand total of 41 different species of fish/crustaceans rare and legendary a fisherman can get. could you pm me with details please? my icq is 637981530

Varingian

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
not to ask a bunch of questions, but what do you mean by the largest overall submission??
Ask away. Hopefully will clear up any questions for others as well. Whoever turns in the heaviest catch be it Enchanted, Legendary, Mud Puppy, Red Herring, Big Fish, or Crustacean will win the Britannian Ship. Second place will win the Orc ship.

unless im missing something, there are 14 legendary; 14 rare, then the green and the blue big fish, that mkae 30; then the mud puppy and red herring which make 32, if u count the crustaceans both legendary and rare thats an addition 9 for a grand total of 41 different species of fish/crustaceans rare and legendary a fisherman can get. could you pm me with details please? my icq is 637981530
There are 16 Enchated Sea Creatures. There are 19 Legendary Sea Creatures. Then I added the Mud Puppy, The Red Herring and A single category for generic "Big Fish" regardless of color.
List of Enchanted and Legendary.

Varingian

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
when u say the most turned in fish, is that mean, the most of each type, the most of fish overall? and does that include crustaceans as well in the total??
I am not finding any reference to MOST fish turned in for this contest announcement. There is no prize for fish quantity just heaviest weight. If I am missing something please let me know in as specific a way as you can.:)

Sarak

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
I am not finding any reference to MOST fish turned in for this contest announcement. There is no prize for fish quantity just heaviest weight. If I am missing something please let me know in as specific a way as you can.:)
to win the britannia ship, is what i meant.

Varingian

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah I understand now. No sorry for the misunderstanding. The largest single submission (The biggest damn fish!) will take the Brit ship. I am hoping to get a 200+ stoner in the trophy room!

Sarak

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
ah, ok thanks i look forward to participating in the contest, as i love fishing.

Sarak

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Rare Crabs[edit]
Image Name Meat Found Trophy Bait Description from the Order of the Dragonfish Handbook
Stone Crab Lost LandsDeep water This tough customer be ound in the deep sea o' the Lost Lands. If prepared correctly and eaten, it makes yer skin tougher.
Spider Crab Terathan Keep Found in the waters o' Terathan Keep. If prepared correctly and eaten, it be improvin yer ability to focus.
Legendary Crabs[edit]
Image Name Found Trophy Bait Description from the Order of the Dragonfish Handbook
Tunnel Crab Underworld This creature be said to live in the Underworld beneath Fire Island. 'Tis a goblin legend so 'tis a bit suspect.
Void Crab Ter Mur Some old fisherman in Ter Mur say they have seen a crab that resembles a void demon in the rivers. This has not been confirmed.

So far in the experience of one Fisherman, the earliest a Legendary Crab could be caught, with 120 Fishing Skill, the correct Bait, and the Fisherman's Armor Set pursuing the Void Crab in Ter Mur, was on the 3rd *bob* of a Lobster Trap; but they are not common at this level... where Bait is exceptionally scarce, it will make more sense to leave them in for 5+ *bobs*.

Sarak

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Rare Lobsters[edit]
Image Name Meat Found Trophy Bait Description from the Order of the Dragonfish Handbook
Blue Lobster Ice Dungeon This lobster be exclusive to the Ice Dungeon. If prepared correctly and eaten, it protects ye from damage due to cold.
Legendary Lobsters[edit]
Image Name Found Trophy Bait Description from the Order of the Dragonfish Handbook
Blood Lobster Shame In the depths o' the dungeon Shame this strange creature be said to lurk. Some say it feeds on the blood o' the fallen.
Dread Lobster Doom 'Tis said that this lobster is the reason monsters don't go into the waters of Doom.
Void Lobster Stygian Abyss The goblins o' the Stygian Abyss tell o' a creature that looks like a cross between a void demon and a lobster. They say it lives in the lava therein

Sarak

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Autumn Dragonfish Ilshenar 105.4 This beauty be found in Ilshenar. If prepared correctly and eaten, it be improvin' yer ability to meditate.
Bull Fish Labyrinth - The bull fish be found in the labrynth o' Malas. If prepared correctly and eaten, it be increasin' power to yer sword hand.
Crystal Fish Prism of Light - - This mystical fish be found in the prism o' light. If prepared correctly and eaten, it be protectin' a sailor from lightning.
Fairy Salmon Ter Mur - 85.8 This daring fish swims the rivers o' Ter Mur. If prepared correctly, and eaten, it be helpin' improve a sailor's concentration when casting spells.
Fire Fish Shame 95.8 This fish be found in the dungeon o' Shame. If prepared correctly and eaten, it be protecting a sailor from fire.
Giant Koi Tokuno Deep water - This fish be found in deep waters o' Tokuno. If prepared correctly and eaten, it be givin a sailor it's ability to dodge.
Great Barracuda Felucca Deep water - 89.0 This fish be found in the deep waters o'Felucca. If prepared correctly and eaten, it be increasin' yer accuracy with weapons.
Holy Mackerel Gravewater Lake - 93.4 This fish be found in the spirit filled waters o'Malas. If prepared correctly and eaten, it be making ye gain mana more quickly.
Lava Fish Stygian Abyss Dungeon 110.0 This fish be found in the lava rivers o' theStygian Abyss. When prepared correctly and eaten, it be increasin' yer mana when ye be injured.
Reaper Fish Doom - 120.0 This fish be found in the lakes o' dungeonDoom. If prepared correctly and eaten it be protectin' ye from poison damage.
Summer Dragonfish Destard 105.2 This beautiful fish be found in the pools o' dungeon Destard. If prepared correctly and eaten, it will increase spell damage.
Unicorn Fish Twisted Weald 110.0 This great fish be found in the Twisted Weald. If prepared correctly and eaten, ye will recover from fatigue more quickly.
Yellowtail Barracuda Trammel Deep water - 81.9 This devil be found in the deep waters o'Trammel. If prepared correctly and eaten, ye will heal more quickly.
Legendary Fish[edit]
14 types of legendary fish. Each type is only available in a specific location and requires a very high fishing skill level to catch. Baits assist in catching these notoriously shy types of fish.

Sarak

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Legendary Fish[edit]
Abyssal Dragonfish [BCOLOR=rgb(16, 16, 16)]Destard[/BCOLOR] 120.0 In the bottomless wells o' Destard lurk many dangers. Some say a black dragonfish swims there.
Black Marlin Felucca Deep water 100.0 Somewhere out in the deep waters o' Felucca, sailors say they caught a black marlin but it got away.
Blue Marlin Trammel Deep water 105.0 An old sailor once told me that he saw a blue marlin leap from the seas o' Trammel. This hath ne'er been confirmed.
Dungeon Pike Terathan Keep -- A journal was found in the Terathan Keep by a pile o' bones. The late fisherman claimed that he has caught this fish thar.
Giant Samurai Fish Tokuno Deep water - Tokuno fishermen tell stories of ancient samurai fish o' legendary size. None o' their stories have ever been confirmed.
Golden Tuna Tokuno Deep water - 105.0 This fish be only known in the myth. But come believe they exist in the deep waters o' Tokuno.
Kingfish Trammel &Felucca Deep water 92.2 The kingfish be extraordinarily rare. They say that Lord British caught one once, but this ne'er was confirmed.
Lantern Fish Prism of Light - This fish be said to live in the Prism o' light. However like many legends, it has never been confirmed.
Rainbow Fish Twisted Weald - The elves tell a tale of princess who fell into the river of theTwisted Weald and was eaten by this elusive fish.
Seeker Fish Labyrinth - The story o' this fish is that it wandered into the Labyrinth ofMalas and became lost. 'Tis an odd story with many holes but it might be thar.
Spring Dragonfish Ilshenar 120.0 Before one was caught by Mistress Kegwood in Ilshenar, these were unknown. It hangs in the secret hall o' the Order of the Dragonfish.
Stone Fish Lost LandsTrammel Deep water 120.0 The stone harpies worship a great Stone fish they say sleeps at the bottom o' the sea in the Lost Lands. Many of our order seek to catch it.
Winter Dragonfish Ice Dungeon 120.0 The Ice Dungeon holds many mysteries, most of them will kill ye. But there be a legend of a dragonfish that rules the rivers thar.
Zombie Fish Gravewater Lake - 'Tis said that there be an Undead fish in the waters o' Malas. Some say it be an unholy experiment, some say it be a lie.

Sarak

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
I was looking at your webpage; I saw where one said if one had time, they'd post the locations. I posted the above information about the whereabouts of such sea creatures; I hope this helps

Varingian

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That looks great! If you don't mind I may use that in a link on the site.

Sarak

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
sure, one last question, the ending time says 12am on the 27, so no fish turn ins, anytime on the 27th correct? which the way im reading it means it officially ends when friday is over. it doesnt show up on the calender for saturday.

Varingian

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Perhaps I did not state the end scenario well. IF YOUR FISH HAS A DATE ON IT OF 2/14/16 to 2/27/16 it will be counted....SO LONG AS IT IS TURNED IN BEFORE THE MIDNIGHT THAT SEPARATES 2/27/16 AND 2/28/16. I will be checking the mail box at MIDNIGHT (for god sake my wife and I both work third shift, this is easy) and if you are late you are outta luck . And midnight means MIDNIGHT by my watch (CPU). So don't try and play the clock. It's my gold and it will be MY MIDNIGHT (EST). Not trying to sound harsh but the contest must have a cutoff. No one is gonna cheat you and I will not play favorites. I DON'T CARE WHO WINS! NANCY'S HARBOR CAFE' HAS ONE GOAL: To have the greatest display of prize fish (caught during a contest) OF ANY SHARD. Otherwise I would have my 214 stone Fire Fish on the wall.....it wasn't caught during a contest however, so it dos not count!

We have had a lot of positive feedback from the past four contests. Several past winners have donated their prize money to promote further contests. Elm-Mos is a LEGENDARY fisher on LS and he stubbornly refuses to take his prizes. We try to put up large and unique prizes to attract as many fisherman as possible. Remember however, the best prize (IMHO) is to have your name on the wall at Nancy's Harbor Cafe!

If any one is wondering weather or not I take part in the contests, the answer is yes. Thus far through four contests I have ONE fish (out of 38 possible) on the wall at Nancy's. I have a new fisherman for contest 5 so I will be competing under the names Varingian and Floki. I mean come on...I love UO fishing, I'm not gonna have a competition and sit it out.

And I almost forgot. Get your A$$ to Nancy's Saturday night for the White Net toss. And that includes you DURTY DAN (You promised an appearance when I provided you those MANLY hedges :ymca:, unless you are red I guess....

I also have it on good authority that Munch Dawg will be returning for Nancy's Fifth, He set the record for Lava fish with his 197 stoner during our first contest several years ago, Let's de-throne that catch Lake Superior!

Submission rules.

Last edited:

Varingian

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The fish are in. The weighing is finished. The fat lady sang. Shard traveler Bill Dance was our top money winner collecting a cool 54 million....there goes that Hawkwind's Robe I was saving up for. Congratulations Bill!

First place in weight went to Floki who fishes for the house so the Brit ship will be carried over as top prize for the next contest. Second place in weight went to Sir Fish Alot and he is now the owner of shiny new Orc Dreadnaught! All the weights and details can be found here.

We bested 7 of the record catches and the new trophies will be going up in the coming days! A huge thanks to all who participated. I had a lot of fun and hope you all did as well.

If you turned in any fish that did not win and you would like them back please ICQ or PM me or shout me down in chat. I will be trying to contact you all in the coming days to deliver prize packages.

Last edited: