• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NAME THAT BABY CONTEST !!!!!!!!

Morph

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok Sonoma we need some help here over the past 3 almost 4 years I have enjoyed playing this game and meeting people and making friends My wife is the same way, we have also come to the conclusion that we are hooked. Here is our prediciment you see she is 6 months pregnant now and for the life of us we cannot think of a name that we like for our "SON" so here is where you the Sonoma community will come in. I am asking from now until December 15th of this year for you to come up with a decent name for us to name our son, on December 15th a panel of 5 judges will choose 5 names that they like the best they will bring those names to me and my wife, where we will choose one of those 5 for our sons name, we will then anounce the winner and the runners up places on the 16th of December on these boards and on our Website at 12:00 PM Cst.
Over the next month we will choose our 5 Judges. There are a couple rules though to this contest.

1. Name must be decent.

2. Name must be for a boy.

3. All entries must be in before the 15th of December.

Now that that is out of the way there will be a prize purse for this so here it is.

1st Place. 1 Million Gold Check
2nd Place. 200k Gold Check
3rd Place. 100k Gold Check
4th Place. 100k Gold Check
5th Place. 100k Gold Check

Also I am going to be trying to get ahold of Masara to see if maybe we cant swing some kind of In Game Item for the Winner and the Runner up's you see from what I can tell this is the first time this has ever been done on Sonoma or on any other Shard. Also for those of you who do'nt know us My main character in game is Lucifer from E^E and hers is Emerald also from E^E, so if you see us arround in game say hello as we always try to do the same and Good Luck to all who enter. Now come on Sonoma name our baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Black Majick

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
None other than "Dark Stone" Hooman =}

Now seriously, I am partial to Isiah (think that is how you spell). That or maybe David. My two cents. Again congrats on the pregency Hooman and Saphire.

G

GANKbro#2

I , in my humble opinion think you guys should name him Matthew , reason being "Matthew was the gift to the people from the hand of the lord" . Took that 1 out of the good book itself . And if not Matthew then William is a strong name to , dont know what the book has to say about that one though??? *ponders* . what ever u name him he will be a blessing on your home

Much love and Respect

Gabriel

X

Xero Lyte

Hmm David or Ryan.

David means "beloved"
Not sure on Ryan

GRATS

M

Mandolin

My vote is for "Maxwell"

Max is my favorite boy's name.. if I'd had any children (that I know of that is hehe) I'd name my boy Max. Being from a family where every boy had a biblical name.. Christopher here and Michael as a middle name to boot.. I would prefer to think outside the box when it comes to my own children.

Jagerstadt

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like Ethan and/or Lucas. In my opinion, they're good, strong names; they're not so overly exotic as to give him hell through childhood, yet they're defined enough to help him make his mark in the world.

However, I'm sure this is only one (or I guess you could say two) suggestion(s) of many to come.

Fin.

C

Cobra_Commander

If it was a girl id suggest Shantaquoyah but..... its not

(Lol)

Umm, I like Christian and Cameron

But why not name him Lucifer?

Suicidal Gnome

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you chose any of these names, make sure they are fairly normal. Kids are vicious, they can come up with little songs about any name. Dont give them a head start and name him something gay like, "Taylor" or "Devin" or "Tucker." Kids with those names get beat up. Trust me, I beat them up. I know a person who named their child, "Scorpius Maximus." And they need a good thrashing because that kid is gonna get it so bad.

Suggestions:

Stephen Micheal
Raymond Lee
Peter Joseph
Micheal Ryan

G

Dude Hooman!!!! Come on you gotta name it after my real name!!! It would be a honor!!!!!!

Kyle, James!!!!!!!!!!

C

ChrlieBrwn [ISO]

CHARLIE OR CHARLES BEST NAME!!!

Jk
Thats great about your boy, I am having a boy myself around the same time you are. well jan 1-13 is the due date.

Ill add Hayden to the poll <-- my wife picked this out for our son to be.

same names would be "AWESOME!!!" lol

L

LadyHell'sAngel

Okies here's my entry, and I've been thinking about it all day:

Matthew Taylor

my two favorite names hehe

G

Would you mind giving a last name? Or for privacy issues a (Sounds like your last name)?

My point is it would be easier to match a name that way.

Such as:
Jonathan Taylor Tomas Sounds better than Jonathan Taylor Flugelbokken

Anyway I like Jacob Christian myself.

I

Ilias

I really like the names Sam and Alex.

Can use em short form or name him Samuel (no relation to any book :p) or Alexander.

G

Hi Everyone !!!!!!!!

Thanks so much for all your input we are getting some great names here. It's going to be hard to choose so glad we are going to have someone else narrow it down for us or I'd never decide..lol. Our last name sounds like miner, if that helps any. Keep the great names coming !!!!

Sapphire/Emerald

G

<font color="purple"> Not sure how many names you want.. but here are a few:

1. Preston Scott
2. James Ethen
3. Gregory Alan
4. Justin Michael
5. Mason James
6. Anthony Ryan [not sure on spelling of Ryan oops]

There are a few for you... Good luck on the blessed event.. may you have many years of love and joy.. Pax, Silk </font>

A

Angel Of Jadien

I have 3 girls always wanted a boy!! Have so many names I love but here are a few

1. Chance Allen
2. Jadien Thomas
3. Jacob Tyler
4. Taylon Micheal
5. Austin James

Good Luck and Congrats on the baby!!

G

Ok well this is what I have so far:

Alexander or (Alex)
Shawn or (Sean)
Colby
Christopher (Love this one)

Micheal
Robert (not sure about this one)

Daniel
Scott
James
Gregory
Steven

Sorry I could go on forever!

S

Sagan_1

My personal Favorite is William Alexander... That was to be the name of my first born, unfortunately he was still born at 7 months.

G

Jude
Tyson
Willem
Patrick

For middle names I kind of like using the dads first or middle name. Just for a way of keeping a tradition or legacy going.

B

Brad

Well... I suggest Jaques Llewelyn..... If your last name is "Clouseau" then I suggest William Lindsay. (Or as a backup suggestion)

Good luck to you and your wife with the conclusion of "your" pregnency.

I

imported_Raven_Tashi'ne

Hmm..I've always liked the name Erik, maybe even Rick (thinking of the name Enrique with both of those names lol). Always liked Adrian too

G

Gallin

My wife really enjoys thinking of baby names. I had her read the thread and she sat down and thought about it. I will quote her saying:

"This was hard not knowing your preferences but was still fun though. These names are modern classics, they would never get him beat up and they will always be classier than the current trend".

Harrison Andrew
Roman Christopher
William Gabriel "Liam or Will"
Connor Matthew
Benjamin Luke
Josiah Christian
Adrian Christopher

Good Luck!

G

I kind of like the name Grant.

Also, my little nephew is named Carter, and that's a pretty cool name. Though when he's a little older some wicked rhymes might be made from that....

G

Picking a Baby name has to be one of the hardest things for a teacher to do...some kid's names are burned into your brain forever...and not in a good way

But these stick out in my mind (prob because they were not as common as the Matthews, Davids, and the like)

Zackary
Riel (My personal fave)
Lucien
Macrae (a demon child of grade 2, but I liked his name)
Tad
and the ol classic, Mark.

G

Oh, I almost forgot. I also really like the name Clive, though it might sound a bit more British than you're looking for....

R

Ryzor

I like the name Alexsander which means Defender of man

I also like Hadeon which means Destroyer

Also like Creg

Congrats morph :]

C

Cobra_Commander

Im a big fan of Christopher myself. Seeing as too, I am Chris IRL hehe. But I like Christian alot, and Jonathan

P

Prizim

Ok.. one i was partial to but was not agreed upon in my house my son Austin was born...
Hunter (insert middle name here)

P

perfectstranger

Hi Morph and Saph, I just wanted to post my choice. So many good names already picked. But I like the name Josiah Matthew (M)iner. Hehehe! Good luck trying to pick one :p

G

<font color="purple"> You could have gone with Austin Hunter... which is an nice sounding name..It is what my sister named her son... Pax,Silk </font>

P

Prizim

Nope the whole Hunter idea got blown out of the water dead... and austin has his Grandfather(s) first names as his middle names.. poor kid Austin Richard James...lol... thankfully my both my mother and his mother had the same first name.. so my daughter only has one middle name

G

We agree that Austin is a wonderful name but alas it is the name of our middle son so we can't chose that one again. Keep the wonderful names coming guys and gals !!!! Thanks for all your hard thoughts.

Sapphire

C

Calell

I ended up with two girls and will never have a boy now, but if I had had his name would have been

Xander Nicholas

May you have a wonderful pregnancy and a joyous delivery, and all be safe and healthy!

Chis

D

Dor of Sonoma

Morgan

I love that name...bestowed it on one of my sons. He loves it too. :)

Also have Brendan and Devin

(we're big on Celtic names in my household)

~Guillian ;-)

B

buckey45895

Well, I am sure you will pick a name that fits him. As you know my boys name is Zacheriah Lee

C

Calell

My youngest's name is Ciara Breanne. *grin* I went totally Irish/Celtic for hers =) My oldest is Caillie Nicole, her first name having a more Celtic spelling than normal.