• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Najasaurus

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Najasaurus - Stratics Community Wiki | Stratics Community Forums

They start like this: This is a 2 slot.

upload_2018-2-11_14-17-23.png

The poison resist is 100% Magic resist is over 120. They are poison and curse immune.

Their damage is:

upload_2018-2-11_14-19-19.png

They start with just poison.

upload_2018-2-11_14-20-14.png

The Training screen looks like this:

upload_2018-2-11_14-21-8.png

Area Effect ability choices are:

upload_2018-2-11_14-22-5.png

Special Move choices are:

upload_2018-2-11_14-23-5.png

Special Ability choices are:

upload_2018-2-11_14-24-39.png

Magical Ability choices are:

upload_2018-2-11_14-26-12.png

You can get battle defense to appear if the Wrestling is 100 before you choose.

Any of the Magical choices removes Poisoning.

Builds:

You get 2 choices from Area, and the specials.
If you choose a special you lose the ability to change the magic. It stays poison.
If you choose and area you lose the Special ability choices. So, an area and a special move. + poison
You can choose 2 special Moves.
You can choose a special Move and a special Ability.
If you choose a different Magical Ability FIRST you can then only choose a non poison Area Ability.

This is what you get if you choose a Move and an Ability:

upload_2018-2-11_14-36-41.png

I made one that started as a 3 slot.

AI and Frenzied WW is a popular build.

I went to put it on a Greater Dragon and someone conveniently left two of them by the entry. One attacked me so a told the pet to attack and ran out to compose myself. I came back and this is what was going on. I had to heal the pet a lot until it killed the first GD. Then the heals slowed down.

Najasaurus.png

The Najasaurus is poison immune. It is very easy to train at Navrey and night terror. You only have to cast heals. The starting HP is high and dex is overcapped. It has high resisting spells so any magic cast on it will not last long. It has poisoning so the poisoning skill level starts out high.

I'm sure a lot of people have put Venomous bite and other poison related skill on it. Which would work just fine if your target is not poison immune also. I chose Armor Ignore and Aura of Nausea.

It kills the named balrons at Chaos a lot faster than my GD does. They gain you fame real fast. they are also immune to poison so it is killing them with only half its damage.

They are a slow mana regen pet.

I think this will be a great pet to take anywhere. that I go. That's why I spent the resources to beef it up.

It works great at Dreadhorn and Zipa.

It keeps up with you a lot better than other pets with 150 dex.

Last edited:

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You could set the mana lower and increase Intelligence. Higher intel may increase the duration of the poison or make it stronger?
Intelligence does not affect Poisoning whatsoever. It grants a very slight Spell Damage Increase to pets, which is almost not noticeable. I still have to test whether INT influences a pet's mana regeneration rate.
Movement speed isn't based on DEX. It's based on Stamina, which all pets cap out at 150 Stamina now.
I would've put some SR on that Najasaurus, in order to keep it swinging fast when in heavy combat.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I tried to get one of these just a moment ago.....not possible lol. :( All those saurouses out there with no way of me even trying to pull one out of the group.....and wow are they fast!

Will eventually get one...hopefully..he looks pretty sweet!

Cereal2K

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Dex does increase movement speed...just test it yourself take a 125 dex 150 stam pet and a pet with 200+ dex 150 stam and ride full speed in a direction about 5 seconds later there will be no doubt in your mind ^^

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dex does increase movement speed...just test it yourself take a 125 dex 150 stam pet and a pet with 200+ dex 150 stam and ride full speed in a direction about 5 seconds later there will be no doubt in your mind ^^

Get a Triceratops and up its dex. Big Difference.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
One of the slowest pets I have come across to get to 100%. Most of the others I have trained only took 4-5 Navery's max, except from level 4 to 5. I already have taken 9 Navery's with the Naj and it is only 77.38%.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tried to get one of these just a moment ago.....not possible lol. :( All those saurouses out there with no way of me even trying to pull one out of the group.....and wow are they fast!

Will eventually get one...hopefully..he looks pretty sweet!
if you want anything on Origin let me know LOL I have been taming just about everything for folks grabbed someone a couple of pheonixs this afternoon. Starting to think my tamers are the only knight of honor tamers on the shard. Only took me two week to figure out to use honor to tame the Ossien Rams LOL

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've never used Honor to tame... I just invis...
Next best thing to good old Monster Ignore we had with Factions :) I can take 3 tamers down to the Ossein Rams and tame 3 ram and transfer themto the other tamers wait the cool down and tame 3 more and leave with 6 Rams and not a ding in the armor.

TheRealDanno

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Only problem is the nausea. Is the cost is 100 mana and from what I was able to test last 3 to 5 seconds. I do like the naja though. Good tame!

KimDeago

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
if you want anything on Origin let me know LOL I have been taming just about everything for folks grabbed someone a couple of pheonixs this afternoon. Starting to think my tamers are the only knight of honor tamers on the shard. Only took me two week to figure out to use honor to tame the Ossien Rams LOL

KimDeago

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I would love to have a Najasaurus on origin. On most every afternoon with a tamer. Mick, Wild Fingers, Emerald or Foxy.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Only problem is the nausea. Is the cost is 100 mana and from what I was able to test last 3 to 5 seconds. I do like the naja though. Good tame!
I am biased here... but imo.. the best Naja is the Armor Ignore/Armor Pierce Naja. Mine loves to hit for 150 every other hit with that set up. Load the mana on it and the only special it really has the ability to do is high damage...

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Its poison will affect multiple targets too. Nice pet
As far as weve seen, poisoning will affect only one target? unless you mean Poison breath AOE or poison bite special? Please let me know if the poisoning - plain poisoning will affect more than one target otherwise.

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Poison poisons one target. Poison breath poisons every target in range.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've never used Honor to tame... I just invis...
Actually, I find honor well worth the hour of so killing succubi in the fan dancer dojo when I'm going into a messy situation. That's how I got my naja and sauro in the middle of all that Eodon spawn.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Actually, I find honor well worth the hour of so killing succubi in the fan dancer dojo when I'm going into a messy situation. That's how I got my naja and sauro in the middle of all that Eodon spawn.
I think the only thing I am good at is getting Mobs to attack me. I can go into the Ram room and walk out with 2 rams following me. I invis and click attack the Rams and they follow me out.

I'm pretty good at picking out a specific Mob in Eodon also. First I clear a taming area to take them to.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Still never used it... but I am a peace tamer... I pretty much run in ... invis, pull the bar of what I want attack it... run out... invis a few times to lose the other stuff... pull the creature I want somewhere alone and tame it. Invis a lot... I tame GDs this way and always have. I've never ever used Honor...

Sometimes I forget I have peacing. Though I'll say Peacing IMO is one of the biggest wastes of skill points... nothing stays peaced more than .5 seconds... which isn't long enough hardly to even get off an invis before whatever it was is back in attack mode... it basically breaks agro for a millisecond... and my thought is if you are going to invest 240 skill points in something it ought to do more than be just a slight hiccup...

Synbad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Najasaurus - Stratics Community Wiki | Stratics Community Forums

I went to put it on a Greater Dragon and someone conveniently left two of them by the entry. One attacked me so a told the pet to attack and ran out to compose myself. I came back and this is what was going on. I had to heal the pet a lot until it killed the first GD. Then the heals slowed down.

View attachment 66482

The Najasaurus is poison immune. It is very easy to train at Navrey and night terror. You only have to cast heals. The starting HP is high and dex is overcapped. It has high resisting spells so any magic cast on it will not last long. It has poisoning so the poisoning skill level starts out high.

I'm sure a lot of people have put Venomous bite and other poison related skill on it. Which would work just fine if your target is not poison immune also. I chose Armor Ignore and Aura of Nausea.

It kills the named balrons at Chaos a lot faster than my GD does. They gain you fame real fast. they are also immune to poison so it is killing them with only half its damage.

They start with very low Mana. I checked the mana on mine often and it was around 40 - 60 all the time in long duration fights. I saw it use AI three times in a row while at that level. I did put the mana up to 332 because I am going to use this for short duration fights also.

You could set the mana lower and increase Intelligence. Higher intel may increase the duration of the poison or make it stronger?

To solve the mana issue you can max the regen and put scrolls on Meditation and Focus. Only 20 points for 120.

You could add Chivalry, Mysticism, or spell weaving to these pets. But that removes Poison.

I think this will be a great pet to take anywhere. that I go. that's why I spent the resources to beef it up.

A freshly tamed Naja can train at Navery easily?

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the only thing I am good at is getting Mobs to attack me. I can go into the Ram room and walk out with 2 rams following me. I invis and click attack the Rams and they follow me out.

I'm pretty good at picking out a specific Mob in Eodon also. First I clear a taming area to take them to.
LOL I will stick with honor instead of leading spawn away and then having a angry critter I am trying to tame trying to kill me while I am trying to tame it :)

Lithrein

Visitor
Like [B]MalagAste[/B] I am a peace tamer and have no problem luring a Naja out from spawn. I invis. lore and if its good one I lure to bridge and tame it. If i don't like stats I kill it for re-spawn. You don't lead spwan away you lure the Naja away. The Naja's seem to spawn in locations where you can isolate them and lure them away.

Jimmydeanbean

Journeyman
I know this is an older post but how did you add Parrying to that Najasaurus? I have a really nice 2-slot I wanted to start training up. I loaded it on Test Center to try playing with the build, I was thinking a FWW/Poison Breath build for great AoE. Anyways, I figured if I increased the skill cap on Parrying it would allow that skill to train. It did not. Does Parrying show up after you add AI or something like that? Just wondering if/how I can add it to my build somehow or if my pet won't have any parrying with the build I am thinking of doing.

Nereus

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know this is an older post but how did you add Parrying to that Najasaurus? I have a really nice 2-slot I wanted to start training up. I loaded it on Test Center to try playing with the build, I was thinking a FWW/Poison Breath build for great AoE. Anyways, I figured if I increased the skill cap on Parrying it would allow that skill to train. It did not. Does Parrying show up after you add AI or something like that? Just wondering if/how I can add it to my build somehow or if my pet won't have any parrying with the build I am thinking of doing.
Parry is a hidden skill until wrestling reaches 100.0 or greater when it then becomes visible to train. Likewise, if wrestling falls back below 100.0, parry will disappear until wrestling is trained back up.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Oddly, with some pets, you can scroll Parry when it's not visible, and others you have to wait until its visible. No idea why.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What i look for in a wild 2 slot Najasaurus is 190+ DEX and 189.0-190.0 Resist skill. Very specific, takes quite a awhile to find, but worth it. Moves at the maximum speed possible, and ends up with 170+ Resist skill post-tame, so immune to most debuff spells. Najasaurus excel at AoE with the FWW+PB (Frenzied Whirlwind+Poison Breath) build. They have the highest AoE damage of any pet with that build. Being completely and utterly immune to Poison (both damage and status), they're extremely easy to keep heals on, even when they're surrounded by Poison spamming mobs, since the only thing that can keep you from healing them is Mortal Strike.