• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Naja Training Advice?

Dashiel

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I'm about to do training of a pet for the first time with my new tamer. I have a Naja and want to put FWW, Poison Breath, and Poisoning on it. I was told there is a particular order I want to do when training a pet and want to be sure I do it correctly. At this point it is 100% untrained. Any and all advice is appreciated. Thanks!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Make sure you start with a 2 slot Naj. They already have Poison.

Choose the Area Ability and then the Special Ability.

upload_2019-5-23_18-49-40.png

Choose from the bottom up on the abilities with most pets.

Have fun with it.

They have decent resists and HP at the beginning. Can train pretty easy on Mage, Navrey, Dread Pirate.

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have never trained a pet using the new pet training publish. Would someone please explain the difference between starting with a two slot and a three slot Najasaurus?

Gardo

Journeyman
I have never trained a pet using the new pet training publish. Would someone please explain the difference between starting with a two slot and a three slot Najasaurus?
You gain an extra level of training. Making for a more powerful finished pet.

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You gain an extra level of training. Making for a more powerful finished pet.
Thanks! Are there both two and three slot Najasaurus when you find them untamed in the wild. The reason I ask is I see both two and three slot ones on pet vendors that don’t appear to have training.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks! Are there both two and three slot Najasaurus when you find them untamed in the wild. The reason I ask is I see both two and three slot ones on pet vendors that don’t appear to have training.
Yes Lore them and tame a 2 slot one. Kill the 3 slot ones.

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No Armor ignore?
i thought is better to use Piercing, that add armor ignore and another one i dont remember...

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No Armor ignore?
i thought is better to use Piercing, that add armor ignore and another one i dont remember...
FWW+PB Najasaurus have the highest AoE damage output of any pet. Great for doing most Champ Spawns. You don't really want AI or AP on an AoE focused pet. Putting AI/AP on a FWW+PB Najasaurus, would just end up in a pet that isn't as good as it could be in AoE, and still doesn't do great single target damage.
It's best to have individual pets specialized for a certain role (Single Target DPS, AoE DPS, Tanking, Utility/Debuffs), and just bring what pet is best suited for the situation you'll be facing.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Why do you think a Poison/PB/FWW Naja is better than a similarly setup Triton?

Last edited:

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
FWW+PB Najasaurus have the highest AoE damage output of any pet. Great for doing most Champ Spawns. You don't really want AI or AP on an AoE focused pet. Putting AI/AP on a FWW+PB Najasaurus, would just end up in a pet that isn't as good as it could be in AoE, and still doesn't do great single target damage.
It's best to have individual pets specialized for a certain role (Single Target DPS, AoE DPS, Tanking, Utility/Debuffs), and just bring what pet is best suited for the situation you'll be facing.
Cool thx a lot :)

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why do you think a Poison/PB/FWW Naja is better than a similarly setup Triton?
Because a Triton spends 10 Mana every time it applies a bandage, that takes away from it's use of FWW/PB. Plus, Najasaurus are completely Poison status immune, which is great in a spawn where a buttload of casters are on the pet, or in the Arachnid spawn. The Triton will be tankier against most mobs, but won't use FWW as often due to spending Mana on Healing.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I used a FWW/PB/Poison Triton with Wres of 127 and dex I think 205, at the turtle spawn in Eodon. It looked like it was immortal for the first 3 rounds, and cleared the first level in record time. The FWW was constant, non-stop, you saw 100's of damage numbers all over the spawn. I think its poisoning is also 65 or 70, healing is 115. That was solo. The end of the 3rd level was hard. But the Allosaurus need a cold damage pet. There is absolutely no hope of doing the boss Turtlle solo, or even allosaurus part of the spawn solo. It does work, but likely for specific spawns. The amazing part was the speed of the Triton jumping around, and effective both defense and attack with the overcapped Wrestling and Dexterity.
Sadly, not rideable. Huge boost is the Wres of 127.8, overcapped Magic resist, and great speed, and the healing allows you to stay hidden in the middle of the spawn. And this was with not having completely finished its training on that Triton, just 4 levels of training, one more to go.
Turtle spawn I use for testing mostly. To actually do the spawn to the end you need a well equipped Sampire to solo. Pretty nasty spawn for non-sampire otherwise.

Maker2014

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Because a Triton spends 10 Mana every time it applies a bandage, that takes away from it's use of FWW/PB. Plus, Najasaurus are completely Poison status immune, which is great in a spawn where a buttload of casters are on the pet, or in the Arachnid spawn. The Triton will be tankier against most mobs, but won't use FWW as often due to spending Mana on Healing.
There are pluses and minuses.
The minus is Najas is the fact that to come up to speed with the similarly speced Triton, you would need a 120 wrestling PS for 160 Million, also if you are on the middle of a nasty spellcaster spawn, and naja is ganked, naja can easily die since it cannot heal itself and you need to stay hidden usually. Problem is you will need also to PS naja's anatomy, med, and Parry to be able to sustain some damage. Thats another 50-150 million, depending on PS you use.
Triton does not have these problems as much : comes in with its own PS in wres and Magic resist, overcapped dex for quick action also like the naja.
It seems that it will not heal itself if not needed also. So no wasted healing attempts or mana if its health is good, such as with consume damage. It seems to perform amazingly well, even if not fully scrolled, and at 4 slots. Also it is able to TANK bosses like Neira, and clears the bosses summoned spawn with FzWW nicely.
I would think that Naja is likely a good option for the rich, that have 200-400 M to cash out for PS.
The two beasts speced similarly in my opinion are almost even, and imo Triton may be a little better exactly due to the healing, that comes handy to keep the pet alive in many situations. Plus it can actually tank due to its overcap wres and stay alive easier doing that. Mana did go down to 60 at the Neira champ, but it never went down to 0, and the little ugly thing kept dishing out punishment constantly to the soawn.
Having said all that I like Najas, and I wish they could have a Chiv/Ai option.