• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Naja mana question

SouthPaw

Lore Master
Hello,

The first naja I had I didn't like his build so I released him back to the wild and tamed a new one with better dex/magic resist. Plan to train him in poison breath and FWW. I know this is a fairly common build for naja. In my experience some pets burn through mana and others don't (like triceratops and dimetrosaur).

My question is for anyone who has a naja with that build, how much mana would you recommend giving it? Is it a mana burn build or no?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The mana will drop to 20 fast. They have plenty of points to max the mana regen properties. 600 mana or more if everything is maxed.

Caitlyn Snow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
You can get a 2 slot with a high Resist and if you spend the points wisely on the mana skills it works great. Even then when it runs low in certain areas the damage output is high enough that it can do well while waiting for the Regen to work.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah, go for 30 MR and 360 INT. Once a pet mana dumps, all that matters at that point is how fast it can regen it back, so i'm not that concerned with going for a huge mana pool. I have a built FWW+Poison Breath Najasaurus for AoEing down spawn, and even after mana dumping, he still frequently uses FWW and Poison Breath.

Gnoopey

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sloppy PSFTW (!) ... make that 30 MR, 700 STR & 370 INT (besides maxed base damage) to max out both melee damage AND mana regen.

Bruce

Adventurer
Mine has stats close to those above. I was also able to give him 1600 mana. He can still burn through it though

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sloppy PSFTW (!) ... make that 30 MR, 700 STR & 370 INT (besides maxed base damage) to max out both melee damage AND mana regen.
If you have a Najasaurus with high DEX, INT will cap out at 360 with 700 STR. They spawn with 170-300 DEX...You want at least 190 DEX, any more is wasted and negatively impacts how much INT it can go up to. I have a Najasaurus with 201 DEX, and he caps at 360 INT.

Last edited:

Gardo

Journeyman
If you have a Najasaurus with high DEX, INT will cap out at 360 with 700 STR. They spawn with 170-300 DEX...You want at least 190 DEX, any more is wasted and negatively impacts how much INT it can go up to. I have a Najasaurus with 201 DEX, and he caps at 360 INT.
Wouldn’t having DEX greater than 190 better negate the effects from spells like curse? (granted they can have very high resisting spells) I always try and have my naja’s close to 210 DEX.... but I’m ocd like that.

But I get your meaning in maximizing the creatures’ INT....

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wouldn’t having DEX greater than 190 better negate the effects from spells like curse? (granted they can have very high resisting spells) I always try and have my naja’s close to 210 DEX.... but I’m ocd like that.

But I get your meaning in maximizing the creatures’ INT....
With 169.5 Resist on my Najasaurus, almost nothing can debuff his stats. Movement Speed caps at 190 DEX, so with his 201 DEX, he never drops below 190 even when cursed by something with insane Eval. The Abyssmal Horror (200 Eval) in the Doom Gauntlet, and the Shimmering Effusion (150 Eval) of the Prism of Light, are some of the only things with enough Eval for their debuffs to even affect my Najasaurus.

Last edited: