• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Mysticism template help...

G

guum

I'm making a multi-purpose (champs and possibly peerless) gargoyle mystic and was looking for template advice from those with more familiarity with the skill. I plan to make liberal use of Rising Colossus (possibly for tanking peerless, or for clustering low-level spawns at champs for AOEing), Cleasning Winds, Nethercyclone/Hail Storm (as soon as I figure out the differences between the two), GHeal, Invisibility, and possibly EVs from time to time. I'm sure there'll be a single-target nuke in there somewhere too, but I don't know yet what it will be. Here's what I have so far on the template:

120 Mysticism
120 Imbuing
120 EvalInt
120 Magery (might just go 115 to save on power scroll costs)

Obviously, I need some amount of meditation, or Necro/Spirit Speak for wraith form. Even though I think Necro would be fun (and I don't have a pure necroer, even though I have it as a supplemental skill on several templates), some necro spells (wither) seem to have mysticism equivalents, and I'm guessing (although I've been too lazy to check) that you can't fly while in wraith form....sooo. I guess that puts my choices at: Med/Anat or Wrestle + possibly parry/Weaving/Something I haven't thought of yet.

For those of you who have actually played around with mysticism, what works well (or what do you think would work well)? And why? ;)

Thanks.

Rellic

Adventurer
I'm making a multi-purpose (champs and possibly peerless) gargoyle mystic and was looking for template advice from those with more familiarity with the skill. I plan to make liberal use of Rising Colossus (possibly for tanking peerless, or for clustering low-level spawns at champs for AOEing), Cleasning Winds, Nethercyclone/Hail Storm (as soon as I figure out the differences between the two), GHeal, Invisibility, and possibly EVs from time to time. I'm sure there'll be a single-target nuke in there somewhere too, but I don't know yet what it will be. Here's what I have so far on the template:

120 Mysticism
120 Imbuing
120 EvalInt

Obviously, I need some amount of meditation, or Necro/Spirit Speak for wraith form. Even though I think Necro would be fun (and I don't have a pure necroer, even though I have it as a supplemental skill on several templates), some necro spells (wither) seem to have mysticism equivalents, and I'm guessing (although I've been too lazy to check) that you can't fly while in wraith form....sooo. I guess that puts my choices at: Med/Anat or Wrestle + possibly parry/Weaving/Something I haven't thought of yet.

For those of you who have actually played around with mysticism, what works well (or what do you think would work well)? And why? ;)

Thanks.

Wish I could help but I'm in the same boat.
I came back to up after a 6-7 year brake.
Can't remember how long ago it was but there was none of the new casters when I last played.

I'm doing a mystic mage necro mix my self for spawns but as I'm new to the game again I don't have the gold to get all the PS need ....so slow going

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran

120 Mysticism
120 Imbuing
120 EvalInt

Thanks.
Mystic/Mage is a very defensive template. Rising Colossus are a red summon which means they don't get targeted by spawn. Nether Cyclone is chaos damage (which means it hits a random resist - which is not a good thing because it could hit the targets highest resist rather than lowest) Hail Storm is cold damage. You would be better having 120 Focus than Imbuing, leave Imbuing for a crafter. Necro and Mysticism have no equivalents the circle/cast time/area/damage are completely different. You can't fly in Wraith Form.

A Mystic/Mage is basically a summoner, you summon Colossus and you assist. It's very defensive.
A Necro/Mage is a spell caster, you dump mana and leech it back in Wraith Form. It's very offensive as it synergises better with Magery than Mysticism does.

Orlac

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
It might be my playstyle, but I swapped out Necro for Mystic and found it very meh on my mage.

Fingers

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
If you manage your mana, mystic mage "can" be offensive as well. I dunno about that "assist" comment unless you mean sleep, which is a mystic version of peace. I throw the rock at my RC's targets, and it does very well. And since youre a mystic "mage", you always have the magery spells to "mana dump" should you desire. And if you are really bold, it doesnt take much necro to get to wraith form as a mystic mage!

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
It can be, but it's pretty weak offensively. The bread and butter with Mystic is Colossus. You then have a couple of chaos damage spells which are useless because they can hit the targets highest resist. Bombard which is basically a physical damage Energy Bolt (physical damage targets are usually pretty thin on the ground due to the number of dexxers). That leaves Eagle Strike (which is an energy version of Fireball). These comparisons to Mage spells are based on the circle which equates to the cast time and mana cost. That leaves Hail Storm which is a cold version of Meteor Swarm/Chain Lightning, again not many things weak to cold. That leaves defense, which Mystic does very well (Mass Sleep, Stone Form, Cleansing Wind, Healing Stone, Spell Trigger - combined with another Healing Stone or Cleansing Wind).

Now compare that to a Necro/Mage, where you can debuff fire/poison, and boost spell damage with Evil Omen combos, and leech back all the mana in Wraith Form. With no SDI cap in PvM boosting the damage with debuffs/curses and targeting the weakest resists is the more offensive option.

Finegold

Journeyman
Im loving my mystic mage with spellweaving

Mysticism
Magery
Eval
Med
Focus
Spellweaving

I use spell plauge.... a lot... fron mysticism for damage and the RC of course. Adding SW has been even awrsomer!

Why? Lotsa differentvways to heal myself and others... very flexibke with summkns, or direct casting ir both, sw adds the reaper special mastery and word of death is just the single best doell in the game... makes me giggle like a girl every time!

Last edited: