• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

mystic vs tamer thunters

Synbad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
They both work very well... I have done both templates... with the new pet system my cu chews up the guardians with the Goo... of course the Ancient Wyrm is still a handful as always...Rising Colossus works great too... my defense to using taming is that nothing can dispel your pet... on the other hand they can and will dispel your Colossus or EV...but I do switch between the two templates just depending on my mood....

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I have also used both templates but find gargoyle mystic easier - cast RCs and fly away with no healing - but the tamer was before the significant pet upgrades

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With a high-end pet scrolled to max, you can clear the initial spawn faster than with a mystic.
Tamers can do chests that spawns inside guard zone, mystics can't summon RC inside GZ. (iv'e had serveral chests that spawned in yew/fel city, kinda annoying)
I use both templates, and the only chests i do on mystic is level 6 in iish, the rest i use my tamer for.
And yes you can solo level 7 maps on a tamer.

ducknbleed

Adventurer
With a high-end pet scrolled to max, you can clear the initial spawn faster than with a mystic.
Tamers can do chests that spawns inside guard zone, mystics can't summon RC inside GZ. (iv'e had serveral chests that spawned in yew/fel city, kinda annoying)
I use both templates, and the only chests i do on mystic is level 6 in iish, the rest i use my tamer for.
And yes you can solo level 7 maps on a tamer.
Whats your templare please i have no soul stones ss stoneing is not a option yet

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My treasure hunter is a mystic weaver, I do ok, but won't do level 7s in Ilsh because of the renegade changelings. I cast a summoned reaper while digging since that will engage all the guardians where an RC will only fight one. I'll do upto level 5 with just a solo-cast level 3 focus (vol 3 spellweaving mastery) but above that I get a level 6 focus before digging.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whats your templare please i have no soul stones ss stoneing is not a option yet

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk
I use a very simular templates for both my mystic and my tamer
120 tame/Mystic
120 lore/Focus
120 magery
100 lock
100 carto
100 mining
rest in meditation.
I dig the chest while mounted on my lesser hiury, when i see the chest i comming up, i precast invis, when its fully up with spawn i invis myself. Then i run off.
I split the spawn by casting magic arrow on the nearest guardian to get it away from spawn, if too many follows i invis myself and approach the chest from another angle, till the spawn is splitted. then i kill the guardians 1 by 1 with my hiury. (You get the idea)
Same tactic works for level 7 iish spawn, with the exception, that when you have lured one renegade changeling away, you need to stay in max greater healing range, else the changling will cast essence of wind, and if it hits you it will change target to you.

Synbad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
My treasure hunter is a mystic weaver, I do ok, but won't do level 7s in Ilsh because of the renegade changelings. I cast a summoned reaper while digging since that will engage all the guardians where an RC will only fight one. I'll do upto level 5 with just a solo-cast level 3 focus (vol 3 spellweaving mastery) but above that I get a level 6 focus before digging.
Hmmm I like that summoned reaper idea... that would work very well.. but does any of the spawn ever dispel it?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmmm I like that summoned reaper idea... that would work very well.. but does any of the spawn ever dispel it?
Surprisingly seldom, and never right at the beginning. I usually retreat to a safe distance and pre-cast an RC, running back in when the reaper ends and dropping the RC to do 'clean up'. Several RCs in succession when it's a tram map with AWs or GDs.

Okami

Visitor
I use a very simular templates for both my mystic and my tamer
120 tame/Mystic
120 lore/Focus
120 magery
100 lock
100 carto
100 mining
rest in meditation.
I dig the chest while mounted on my lesser hiury, when i see the chest i comming up, i precast invis, when its fully up with spawn i invis myself. Then i run off.
I split the spawn by casting magic arrow on the nearest guardian to get it away from spawn, if too many follows i invis myself and approach the chest from another angle, till the spawn is splitted. then i kill the guardians 1 by 1 with my hiury. (You get the idea)
Same tactic works for level 7 iish spawn, with the exception, that when you have lured one renegade changeling away, you need to stay in max greater healing range, else the changling will cast essence of wind, and if it hits you it will change target to you.
Out of curiosity, in theory, you could do the mystic version of the build using 120 mystic/120 Imbuing, instead of Focus, correct?

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Out of curiosity, in theory, you could do the mystic version of the build using 120 mystic/120 Imbuing, instead of Focus, correct?
You can, just be aware that you might run into mana problems. there are 60 skill points to play with on the shown template, 80 skills if you decide to go with 100 magery instead of 120.

Okami

Visitor
You can, just be aware that you might run into mana problems. there are 60 skill points to play with on the shown template, 80 skills if you decide to go with 100 magery instead of 120.
Thanks for the response, it'll be good to have a dual purpose character. :)