• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Mystic question

Calla Lily

Journeyman
I have a gargoyle character and have her set up to have:
120 Eval Int
120 Imbuing
120 Magery
120 Meditation
120 Mysticism

Right now I have her aiming toward 120 Focus (don't have the power scroll yet), and I know Focus works well with Mysticism, but should I swap it out for 120 Resist?

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Since you have 120 Imbuing, the only benefit to Focus would be increased Stam/HP/Mana regens. Imbuing and Focus don't stack together, Mysticism will use whichever has the higher value. You could go 120 resist if you are worried about debuffs. Personally, I would probably go with 120 Spellweaving instead, as Spellweaving can give a lot of utility to a Mystic Mage.

Calla Lily

Journeyman
Since you have 120 Imbuing, the only benefit to Focus would be increased Stam/HP/Mana regens. Imbuing and Focus don't stack together, Mysticism will use whichever has the higher value. You could go 120 resist if you are worried about debuffs. Personally, I would probably go with 120 Spellweaving instead, as Spellweaving can give a lot of utility to a Mystic Mage.
Thank you for explaining that. There are so many changes since I left 12 years ago, it’s almost like learning a new game! Think I’ll go with Spellweaving on this character