• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

MYSTIC Platemail?

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I must admit this is a new one on me. I remember the Mystic weapons and the mystic were the most potent of the 3, but I know nothing about the mystic property on platemail. Is this new? and if so what benefit does the mystic bestow?. The piece itself is nothing to write home about so its designation seems odd to say the least.

MYSTIC.jpg

Gamer_Goblin

Sage
Stratics Veteran
It's just a tag meant to represent the bonuses on the magic item. That one piece is actually pretty bad. It has the negative 50 stone and the resists are very low. Without these it would have made a good base for imbuing.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
like said above, the Mystic title is just a prefix because when the item was created its RNG roll put it into the 'mystic' category and it was allotted a couple items out of the Mystic stuff.
in this case Int bonus and MR bonus.

the Mystic category (in case you've forgotten or dont know) can give any of the following;
Mana Increase capped at 10
Int Bonus capped at 10
LMC capped at 10
Mana Regen capped at 4

prefix and suffix chart for refining and armor naming.

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Interesting, not into imbuing so that all passed me by. To me, Mystic implies it has unknown special qualities, maybe Miserable would fit better.

Gamer_Goblin

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Well... for imbuing it's important to know what can sell well too. It may say lesser or minor magic item and still be worth a lot. Higher property percentages/numbers cost some difficult mats sometimes and it's sometimes possible to find a base item to imbue instead of wasting mats on the property.

The problem with this is that exceptionally crafted items have slightly more capacity for properties.

Anyways, this is just my basic understanding and I'm by no means a pro.