• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Mysticism] Mystic Lone Wolf

Z

Zannette

Hello everyone,

I have a few questions about soloing with my RC.

I run:

120 - Mysticism
120 - Focus
120 - Mage
120 - Eval
115 - Resist
120 - Spellweaving

I have an option of adding Dicord or Provocation 120/120 instead of Eval and Resist

My main question is what should I hunt and what tactics should I use? I currently only do t-maps with my Mystic level 1-6 and I just spam RC. I would like to maximize my mystics potential as currently it seems that I really don't know how to play him.

My second question is if RC can be a meat shield for Balron, Scuby and Miasma Paragons as I would like to make the most out of my Luck Suit.

Thank you for taking the time to help.

Z

icm420

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like your template it's one a lot of my friends run, I like med but point is the template is great for pvm and/or pvp.

This template has a ton of options for fighting, you have 2 major spell casting sets (magery/mystic) and a great support casting set in spellweaving. I like these types of templates because they are always so busy, so many buttons, so many options.. but this is often daunting as well. I am not sure your skill level, I'm tempted to break down each set and explain it but I also do not want to waste your time describing things that you may already know.

How to use mysticism offensivly tho is pretty simple.. it has slayer property just like magery, so equip a slayer book and hailstorm. Massive AoE cold damage. Bombard was a nice addition for elemental damage because it's physical damage and the only physical damage spell in the game. I would stay away from nether bolt and nether cyclone tho, the reason I say this is they are random elements and this makes it impossible to get a base for damage. If the creature has big fire cold and poison resistance and low physical and energy you want to make sure you hit the physical or energy. The nether spells will target a random resistance there for making it pretty much useless for pvm. Nether bolt gets use tho because it only costs 2 mana or something so you can ALWAYS cast it. Nether cyclone has a limited pvp use. Also try sleep, fields are my prefered way to control an area but the sleep spells are very useful for slowing something down to get some distance. Now spell plauge is an offensive damaging spell but I have found it doesn't work very well in pvm. It does damage then triggers more damage when you do damage. So in pvp it's a no brainer because you can stack damage in combos and with small spells chasing someone down. A nether bolt for 4 damage may trigger a spell plauge for 15-20 damage. So if you do cast spell plauge follow it up with small spells. Eagle strike doesn't get much love from me, it's basically an energy damage fireball and I prefer fireball.. that bird noise irritates me. But it's a fast decent damage spell that is nice when you want to finish something off, but I think lightning is hands down the better choice for quick energy damage spells because it's instant damage vs slightly delayed.

Mysticism is really just a support skill in my opinion, you can run it all by itself an.d it does work but it's more powerful when mixed with magery, very similar to necromancy except it offers much better healing abilities.

Oh also make sure you do arcane empowerment RC's, I'm sure you do this already but it makes your summons much tougher and very hard to dispel, making an arcane empowered RC the toughest summon in the game.