• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Mystery..

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Logging in going to Luna stables, then bank, on Atl. Place almost full inside and outside. Went to Turtle with pet, advanced spawn with pet to level 3..Not able to advance any further, stagnating the spawn with just one non-sampire player. Called gen. chat if any1 is interested to pitch in..No response.
Come back to Luna same people still there just sitting. Question is:
What are people doing there idle all this time?
There is so much stuff to do and people just sit at bank and around stables and gate. Strange, as they seem to be sitting there for hours. Is this just another way to play this game? Just sit? :lick:

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Logging in going to Luna stables, then bank, on Atl. Place almost full inside and outside. Went to Turtle with pet, advanced spawn with pet to level 3..Not able to advance any further, stagnating the spawn with just one non-sampire player. Called gen. chat if any1 is interested to pitch in..No response.
There is so much stuff to do and people just sit at bank and around stables and gate. Strange, as they seem to be sitting there for hours. Is this just another way to play this game? Just sit? :lick:
If you could recall there, people would jump in. No one wants corgul till you have the boat set to go either. I've said it before, UO needs a looking for group system. Fast grouping keeps MMOs going.

Sent from my SM-J337VPP using Tapatalk

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I banksit to get charges back on my flutes of renewal.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
I usually park myself at the Britain Bank in the spell weaving circle while I work to help out with making circles. I have the journal feed up but I am usually to busy to jump into an active game.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Always wondered about that

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Reading the internet. I can see if someone walks up and talks to me and can read chat. Big monitors are nice.
Also I yell out in chat for invasion cloaks. Many ppl walk up and give those to me while Im semi afk.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I don't sit at the bank since I live in-town Luna anyway, but I do sit in my house while afk sometimes. Often it's when I either forget I'm logged in entirely while browsing other sites (like Stratics), or I'm working and expecting someone from UO to message me at some point so it's faster to just stay logged in waiting for them. Takes longer to log in which is more distracting while working than just staying afk and clicking back into it when I see the "at your house" icq message pop up.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Ty for info..
For me its a vast game. Its like a book written over 20+ years. Thousands of places to explore and check..Its like a book with many thousands of pages, with many secrets and stuff to explore. Even though lots of stuff is well documented and known.
I just cannot sit one spot. But wish I had more time to play.
Bank sitting makes more sense now though. :)

Dryzzid of Atlantic

Lore Master
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Some folks (not I) just like to show off their shiny gear as well. I'm in the group with Nabin, I AFK at the WBB focus all day sometimes. I'll set it up before I got to work or something.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Some people who pvp will also bank sit to work off murder counts; I believe it is still 8 hours for a short term and 40 for a long term. If you know you are going to be afk all day you can save yourself money on the pardons by just staying logged in at a populated location like Luna.