• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Mysterious Strangers

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
RTLFC

Maybe waiting to flip a switch and get out the storyline? It is Friday after all, and a lot of the times, they release the BNN reports around the same time as the FoF? Just a thought though.

Ori

R

RedDaTeef

Is it possible we have to do something to activate the strange?
And what about those clues that were mentioned by those military types outside the alternate Moonglow gate? I really hope those realte to something, or i'll be sorely disapointed.

P

prison bound

RTLFC

Maybe waiting to flip a switch and get out the storyline? It is Friday after all, and a lot of the times, they release the BNN reports around the same time as the FoF? Just a thought though.

Ori
i certainly hope so

B

BartofCats

I may have found a "mysterious stranger" being a blackrock infected demon in Hythloth.

The tag on this one is "unshackled Demon" its in the room at the top of the stairs from the level with the gargoyle cage. or on the same level with the Balron

Flame (DrR)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
nice find but hes there from a very much earlier part of the story line. He will talk to you and wont attack, in facts hes not even blackrock but a ghost. Careful though everything else in there will attack

B

BartofCats

figures.. why oh why cant the old event stuff be cleared out?? *goes back looking*

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From the FoF this past Friday....

"Where are the "mysterious strangers" in the Anti-Virtue dungeons?"

The time is not yet ripe for the veil to be lifted - they should start to reveal themselves next week.

So patience a while longer I guess?

Ori

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
figures.. why oh why cant the old event stuff be cleared out?? *goes back looking*
*chuckles*

Then unshackled demon is actually one leftover I don't mind for my part....That's his home. After he got unshackled, that's where he went.

-Galen's player

Rosalinda

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are they supposed to be in ALL the anti-virtue dungeons? Tram AND Fel?
And are they visible in 2D or only KR?
And...and....?

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are they supposed to be in ALL the anti-virtue dungeons? Tram AND Fel?
And are they visible in 2D or only KR?
And...and....?
Your first 2 questions are unknown at the time.

As to 2d or KR, I wouldn't worry.....All of the event content has been 2d so far.

-Galen's player

Doomsday Dragon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
These were supposed to be in this week. It was mentioned in the FoF but I have yet to see anything yet and it is the middle of the week now.

L

Lord Drakelord

These were supposed to be in this week. It was mentioned in the FoF but I have yet to see anything yet and it is the middle of the week now.
Do you think they put some sort of warning post in the BNN or at UO.COM?

Doomsday Dragon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hate to double post but I did not want a second thread for this.

Has anyone heard anything new?

Or seen...

A

Azureal

Seen - nothing.
Heard - nothing.

I'll be doing another dungeon run tonight with my lockpicker (always hunting those elusive LP gains, 97.2, wee!) and will report on anything I find.

Mind you, I am on Oceania, and will still dont have statuette engraving tools. Sigh.

M

Mord Mhor

Been running round dungeons here on Europa for past 2 days as I never really beleived they (the Strangers) would be here early in the week , but it is now friday surely something will happen!

S

SilentFoxXy

Lady Flame has been running a 'Search Dungeon' thread on Europa.

Where we run the dungeons, search for strangers, and post finding

To date....nothing to report

Strange, sure I read- Later in the week, and um, its now a week later....oh dear dear, another faux pas, not even a FoF to explain.....doh

A

Azureal

Lady Flame has been running a 'Search Dungeon' thread on Europa.

Where we run the dungeons, search for strangers, and post finding

To date....nothing to report

Strange, sure I read- Later in the week, and um, its now a week later....oh dear dear, another faux pas, not even a FoF to explain.....doh
Its been changed, its now a ToS. Three on Saturday.

S

SilentFoxXy

Um, I kinda lost a day somewhere, got up this am thinking it was Saturday

Didnt go to work, wandered why I got a stroppy message...

;)

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
strop·py
Audio Help /ˈstrɒp
i/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[strop-ee] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation –adjective, -pi·er, -pi·est. British Informal. bad-tempered or hostile; quick to take offense.
[Origin: 1950–55; perh. (ob)strep(erous) + -y1, though o is unexplained
]

yep, I hadda go look that one up :lol:

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
is anyone surprised that the mysterious strangers that were supposed to be turned on monday still haven't shown up by friday and probably won't show up until next wednesday? (i'm not - just take any time frame they give and triple it to get the realistic estimate - works pretty well so far for me)

T

Trebr Drab

Ok, I'm not sure here, but there's one of those 4 armed blues demon things in the first level of Deceit.
It's named "a demon".
It's character paper doll shows a human with gray skin, and a title with the name, reading "The Famed a demon".
Wearing a complete virtue armor set and using a Holy Sword. Also wears a robe called "Robe of the Equinox".

Acting strangely. I saw this guy here yesterday too. Just standing in one spot, and mummies are attacking him as they spawn. He doesn't move or respond. He doesn't loot the dead mummies (or re-deaded? heh)
Yesterday, after a while I moved on and when I came back, he was standing just outside the entrance to the dungeon, but again not moving or responding.

Is this a macroer having troubles? (I'm not inclined to help him if so, not that he needs any)
Or is this some "stranger". Certainly is strange though.

A

Azazel of LA

Ok, I'm not sure here, but there's one of those 4 armed blues demon things in the first level of Deceit.
It's named "a demon".
It's character paper doll shows a human with gray skin, and a title with the name, reading "The Famed a demon".
Wearing a complete virtue armor set and using a Holy Sword. Also wears a robe called "Robe of the Equinox".

Acting strangely. I saw this guy here yesterday too. Just standing in one spot, and mummies are attacking him as they spawn. He doesn't move or respond. He doesn't loot the dead mummies (or re-deaded? heh)
Yesterday, after a while I moved on and when I came back, he was standing just outside the entrance to the dungeon, but again not moving or responding.

Is this a macroer having troubles? (I'm not inclined to help him if so, not that he needs any)

Well to tell if its NPC or not I would do this
  • try opening a trade window - if its a NPC a trade window will not open
  • try opening the player profile - if its a NPC player profile will not open

T

Trebr Drab

Yeah, I tried the player profile yesterday and it opened, was empty.
But trying to drop something on him to open the trade window doesn't do anything, including no message saying "this is not a container" or anything like that. It just drops the item back in my pack.

Also, his backpack has a few items in it, and not much weight, so not much as far as stacks. 13 items for 19 stones.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's named "a demon".

It sounds like a player, probably training up.

Ways to tell:

1. Look the character up on UO.com. Only time an NPC will show up there is if it's played by a GM. (Like Lord Blackthorn, when he attacked Yew, and some of the EM villains.)

2. Does it have a character profile that you can look at? NPCs typically do not.

Very good odds this is a player training up, semi-afk, however. Probably an RP character too, from the name and its training up in Horrific Beast form.

Oh...The necro spell that does this is Horrific Beast, and the name of the form is "A Moloch." They spawn in Chief P's dungeon, and outside the Exodus Dungeon in Central Ilshenar.

http://www.uoguide.com/Moloch

http://www.uoguide.com/Horrific_Beast

Looks really nice in KR, it seems!

-Galen's player

Beerman72

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's named "a demon".

I truly hope this is a joke....

If not I say RUN FORREST.........RUN!

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Found one!

And damn did it hurt. This was in Despise on Catskills. Red vanguard looking chap, tons of special attacks and TONS of hits. Took a lot of us a long time to kill it, but kill it we did.

No screen shots though, I was too busy spamming heal.

Next time for sure.

Just letting you know they're definitely out there now.

S

SilentFoxXy

Drops a PINK ' A MAGICAL LOCK CHSET' Apparently empty

And , In Tram at least, a drop rather similar to the Champ spawn, with gold scattering around, AND hundreds of indivual gems.

Maybe?? in Fel he drops Scrolls...wouldnt know

As he dies, he area deadly poisons, nothing a bandy wont cure.

Just before death he tries all sorts of weird magic....I did see a ghostly ancient wrym and was filled with awe and fear, but it was just an illusion

Any idea what the chest is for ??