• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Mysterious fragments and the tabard

Zara

Adventurer
Hi, I play a gargoyle and recently got Hawkwind's Robe. From googling I discovered the only way for a gargoyle to wear it is by also getting a tabard. So I've been trying to research how to get a tabard and it's been a lot of googling. I was wondering if someone could check my understanding and tell me what I have incorrect and correct? As well as answer some questions.

Looking at websites,
  1. First I need to get 8 mysterious fragments of the same color (and there are 8 colors total) and place all 8 at that shrine's color. This starts a "shrine battle." These fragments can come from any treasure chest of any level in any facet. Do I have that right? What are the odds of getting one of these mysterious fragments? 10% chance a chest will have one random mysterious fragment?

2. I need to do 8 shrine battles successfully to get the tabard. And all 8 battles have to be done at the same shrine? If so, that means I need a total of 64 mysterious fragments all of the same color. Is that right?
Thank you for any and all answers!

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
You need to kill 8 shrine bosses, you get 3 after dropping 8 fragment so you will need 24 fragments of same colour to be able to get a tabard

Fragments get more common at higher lvl of map you are doing, from maybe 10% to 80% and the chests have 8 fragments in them

Zara

Adventurer
You need to kill 8 shrine bosses, you get 3 after dropping 8 fragment so you will need 24 fragments of same colour to be able to get a tabard

Fragments get more common at higher lvl of map you are doing, from maybe 10% to 80% and the chests have 8 fragments in them
Thank you! The chests have 8 fragments in them when they drop? Is that new? Was there a specific publish where they increased it from 1 fragment to 8 fragments per chest?

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
When the shrines got live and we got a use for the fragments we started to get 8 instead.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Yeah, if you're not doing shrine battles, the fragments are a pain. After dry-looting a chest, I recall home and have a macro to dump them all straight into recycle.