• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Myst mage pvp / pvm suit advice plz....

Czarina

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So potentialy i would love to set up two suits one for pvp and one for pvm.

The template im doing is as follows:

120 Magery
120 Eval
120 Resist
120 Mysticism
120 Focus
120 Spellweave

This template was my final decision after many months of trying to decide. Oh and its on siege where the pvp isnt really in abundance.

What im looking for is two suit ideas using imbued gear/faction arties. What im not sure on is what to have imbued on my legs, gorget, gloves, and sleeves. I plan on using these faction arties: Crimson Cincture, Orny, Folded steel reading glasses, and either the fey legs or heart of the lion (whichever you all can advise me on as better for my template.

Other gear i planned on wearing is my +4 int detective boots, quiver of infinity, conj garb, totem of the void, and a mage weapon (again if you all advise against the mage weapon then im open to something different) My mage weapon has -20 magery and 18 dci.

Im looking for a way to cap all the neccesary bonuses on the suit that are worthwhile to my template. Keeping in mind that im not running med so ill need MR and LMC.

Thank you in advance for all your help.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So potentialy i would love to set up two suits one for pvp and one for pvm.

The template im doing is as follows:

120 Magery
120 Eval
120 Resist
120 Mysticism
120 Focus
120 Spellweave

This template was my final decision after many months of trying to decide. Oh and its on siege where the pvp isnt really in abundance.

What im looking for is two suit ideas using imbued gear/faction arties. What im not sure on is what to have imbued on my legs, gorget, gloves, and sleeves. I plan on using these faction arties: Crimson Cincture, Orny, Folded steel reading glasses, and either the fey legs or heart of the lion (whichever you all can advise me on as better for my template.

Other gear i planned on wearing is my +4 int detective boots, quiver of infinity, conj garb, totem of the void, and a mage weapon (again if you all advise against the mage weapon then im open to something different) My mage weapon has -20 magery and 18 dci.

Im looking for a way to cap all the neccesary bonuses on the suit that are worthwhile to my template. Keeping in mind that im not running med so ill need MR and LMC.

Thank you in advance for all your help.
You are using these items on Siege? the mage weapon is a twinkling scimitar I presume? Even though it isn't a 20 dci one its still expensive. Given you can personal bless one item only this is an expensive suit to lose...

Well I can't speak for building a suit on siege because when I play siege I use monster loot 1/2 or 1/3 jewelry and armor I find with mr 2 (and normally I imbue lmc 7, resists, etc. but I'll give you an example of a non-siege mysticism suit I use occasionally. It doesn't have EP which is its main failing but has 18 HPR instead.

Non-Faction Arties: +4 Int Boots, Conj Garb, LT Sash (or corgul sash if you don't have a LT), Totem of the Void. 20 DCI Twinkling or imbued planesword. The cloak that gives you the regenerations.

Faction Arties: Fey Leggings, Crystalline Ring, Orny, Folded Steel Reading Glasses, Crimson Cinture.

Imbued Arms, Gloves, Gorget, Chest (many suits use the protector of the battle mage but for this suit I use an imbued chest to get the 18 hpr). They are imbued with 2 HRP, 2 MR, LMC, HPI, LRC, resists to get to all 70's and corpse proof.

I also take Focus to GM and use the +20 on the crystalline ring to do bring it to 120. I use that extra +20 in meditation. Also my mystic mage is inscription so that leaves another +20 to put in med for 40 med.

This was my "cheap" faction mage suit. I don't use it very much for direct pvp its mostly a suit used to defend spawns. But honestly I am addicted to pots on all of my templates so I rarely use it at all. I've transitioned to a similar suit that doesn't achieve very high HPR but instead has +25 EP on the ring and I use the +5 magery talisman which gives me an additional +15 EP. The suit differences are no imbued HPR, protector of the battle mage for the tunic, ranger cloak with the SDI and SSI, and the ring/talisman described above.

OK with all of that being said you want to strive for:

15 SDI somehow (more the better if you are using this for pvm)
as high DCI as possible, 70 preferred
25 HPI (this is an absolute must)
corpse proof resists

Either the 18 hrp route or the EP route. For pvm as a mystic mage the hpr route works really well honestly. For lots of pvp the EP is essential.

Again though if this is on Siege...I am not sure my advice would be accurate

Czarina

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your advice is greatly appreciated. Yes its on siege. I went with nearly similar from what you stated on the suit. i didnt really go with EP or HPR tho. ill have to look at my suit again to see what i used instead.

Thanks for the reply

Aragoni

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have another inspiration für an 6x 120 myst/sw/mage white 84 for protection and 2/6 white fc1 on book at 60 -65 sdi + book but expensive (150 mio arround i think white out scrappers)

1.) Compassion Eye
2.) Inquisator Gloves
3.) Hat of Magi
4.) Kelp Woven Leggins
5.) Protector Mage Tunic
6.) Hephaestus Shield
7.) Crimson
8.) Despitable Quiver Physikal
9.) Ari Robe Physikal
10.) Leutnant Sash 10 LRC
11.) 2 Imbue Leather Parts white 5 HPI
12.) Detective Boots 4 Int

65/60/70/70/70 arround after correction

Braclet (must found the basic ore buyed ore live white only 12 sdi)

1.) 3 FCR
2.) 18 SDI if 149 ore 17% SDI
3.) LRC 5 mit Sash
4.) 10 Physikal Resie for 84 arround for Protection
5.) 15 Magery

Makes on an 125 Str/125 Int/10 Dex Human

1.) 1 Faster Casting /6 FCR (for 2 in Stoneform use Scrapper ore FC1 Slayer Book last white 9 sdi best)
2.) +15 Magery
3.) +25 HPI (makes 137 HP white 125 Str/112 HP)
4.) All 70 white Protection
5.) 170 Mana arround
6.) 60 (64-65 white found 17-18 sdi braclet) SDI + Book up to 90
7.) 40% LMC
8.) + 10 Dex (+5 Crimson / +5 Quiver) = makes felu enough 20
9.) 30 DCI (15 Weapon, 15 Shield)
10.) Arround 17 MR white 2x 2 MR on the two Leather Parts.

Think Barbed gives to mutch Energie Resie and you must used horned for this.

Last edited:

SlobberKnocker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
theres a contingent of guys building these suits using crys ring travesty mage mask and shroud of deceit with the idea of getting your skill points as high as possible to add med or ninja to form if you can. its a faction build.

Teclo[C*C]

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
since you have no meditation, you could be using studded leather, and get some extra LMC form that