• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Inscription] myst and necro spellboosk with properties

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
this was asked up in the inscription FAQ thingy and it was never answered and its the exact quesiton i came here looking to have answered.

I am just curious ....
Has anyone already mentioned that you now (with SA) are able to craft necromancer and mysticism spellbooks with stats too?
Those seem to follow the same pattern as magery spellbooks with some exceptions:
- the higher your necromancy/mysticism is, the higher is your chance for mods on the corresponding spellbook
- necromancy replaces magery on necro spellbooks
- mysticism replaces magery on mystic spellbooks

I also suspect a bug with necromancer spellbooks and reported it. Imho spirit speak should replace eval int on necrobooks since it is functionally eval for necros. Spirit speak doesnt show up on them but eval does.
so does mystsism make the mystic spellbooks fatter?

and does necro make the necro books bigger and badder?

i guess i could go and stone skills around and try, but i thought maybe someone here might know off the top of their head(s)

Poo

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When I tested on the test shard, my first necro book turned out to be a reptilian slayer. That was with legendary necromancy and inscription. Unfortunately I havent been testing around much.
I'vbe read a comment on these forums, that slayers might only work for magery spells.
With latest changes to mysticism focus should show up on mystic spellbooks. i gues that has not been implemented, too.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
slayers work for mysticism and magery! I can hold a magery slayer and cast mysticism spells and still get the slayer damage ! not sure on the necro!

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i finally got some extra time on my plate today, im gonna go make some of each the necro and myst books this afternoon.

if i get any slayers ill go test them and report back.

TTFN

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
looks like if it is in the inscription menu they will work for any in the menu!

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ok, so this is interesting.

first off, im making necro books.

and the first thing ive noticed is that im no longer getting +magery skill on necro books, that has been replaced by +Necromancy

so thats neat.

2nd thing ive noticed is that with 120 magery im making a lot of slayers and triple mod books and the mods on all books are high.

so i went and stoned off the magery and went and made another 500 books.
a LOT less mods showing up on books.
most books only have a single mod and when they DO have mods the mods are medium level to low.

went and put 120 mager back on and back to triple mods and slayers and high end mods.

INTERESTING.
i stoned off my Necro and SS and made 2 batches of books.
not one had any mods on them.

so from what it looks like you need to have Necro to make necro books with mods, and you need magic to buff up those mods.

im gonna make necro books for a while, then ill experiment with myst and report back.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
inscribing mysticism books gives plus to myst mod with 115 myst and 100 inscription i am getting only 2 mods so far maybe need 120 for 3?

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i got 120 and i just got back to the comp, so ill let ya know here in a bit

ill also put the 120 focus and 120 imbiing on him as well since that buffs the myst spells maybe it will help the myst scribing, hehe

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
otay

just did the myst.

so like mentioned above instead of the magic skill the mod added to the books in myst, which makes scence.

and i did get a lot of 3 mod books with my 120 myst.

and focus and imbuing do nothing to the intensity or amount of mods.

i did it with them both on and off, no change.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'vbe read a comment on these forums, that slayers might only work for magery spells.

Unless a developer makes official comments on this, all we can do is just guessing.

The topic could be material for some good questions at the next UOHoC chat....

By the way, regardless whether or not mods on mysticism and necromancy spellbooks work (or they only work with magery....), what would be the good mods one would want to look for that best get along with necro and mysticism ?

By the way, what about Spellweaving spellbooks or Chivalry ones, then ???

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can't make spellweaving or chivalry books, nor ninjitsu or bushido for that matter.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
how hard is this to test?

equip a book of the slayer type that you wanna hit, say a troll.
drop a pain spike on it.

unequip the book and drop another on it.

if the number is the same then they arnt working.
if the damage is different then its working.

no?

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Unless a developer makes official comments on this, all we can do is just guessing.

The topic could be material for some good questions at the next UOHoC chat....

By the way, regardless whether or not mods on mysticism and necromancy spellbooks work (or they only work with magery....), what would be the good mods one would want to look for that best get along with necro and mysticism ?

By the way, what about Spellweaving spellbooks or Chivalry ones, then ???
ok

well i can confirm that the necro spellbooks dont work for necro spells.
but they DO work for magic spells.

i went to shame and dropped a pain spike on a earth ele.
32 damage.
let it heal up.
dropped another pain spike.
32 damage.

put on a earth ele necro book.
pain spike.
32 damage.
let it heal up.
pain spike.
32 damage.

so then i took off the book and hit it with a lightning bold.
36 damage.
launched another bolt.
36 damage.

put ON the earth ele necro book.
lightning bold 119 damage.

walked further in to find more eles.
118 damage
118 damage
119 damage
(they where one hit killing them)

took off the book,
36 damage.

so that says pretty loud and clear that the necro books are NOT effecting the necro spells but ARE effecting the magic spells.

which REALLY sucks and makes the necro and myst slayer books pretty much worthless.

R

ReaperNI

i would like to see another spell maybe wither test done. i cant say for sure but i run around champ spawn with super slayer and spam wither. mind trying the earth ele test again using a diffeetn necro spell to rule out that the monster had some kinda resitance to that spell? idk this game is bugger then a hot summer night.TYR

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
k

ill go test it with wither.

brb

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
sme result as listed before.

i went and tryed ogre lords and dragons.

was no difference in necro spells with slayer book on or off.

but magic spells got double damage on both dragons and OL's

so definatlly working on magery spells but no effect on necro spells.

wonder if anyone submitted a bug report on this yet?