• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

My very first ship battle adventure

Pirate Roberts

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, after a two plus year break, I'm back.

I have been reading all of the wonderful tales of adventure on here and decided to post a quick tale of my own.

I finally made all of the goodies needed to fire a cannon, bought a galleon and set sale east of Ice Island.

I came upon a ship full of orc hummies and set my cannons ablaze.

I think I'm going to like being a high seas Pirate.

I got some good LooT out of the hold and a white cloth dye tub. I remember buying my first black dye tub on ebay some 12 years ago for about $25. Now how the tides have changed.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Those white cloth tubs are hard to get - in terms of gold, it's probably worth as much gold in-game now, as $25 would have bought you gold on ebay back then. Granted, gold is worth about 1/10 or less what it was back then, but still....

Pirate Roberts

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm up to three white cloth dye tubs now, have hunted perhaps 12 pirate ships down. I thought those things were rare.