• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

My very first Ever Quest 2 post

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know how popular EverQuest 2 is, as far as the "Stratics" message boards goes... but, Stratics (apparently) uses the same message boards that I use while playing my "first choice" of online gaming (Ultima Online).

So... Since EA handed out a month of free game time, and since I used to play EverQuest 2 all the time, I thought I'd toss out a post, and see what happens.

My first question is... WHAT IN THE HECK happened to the floating tower in Freeport? I asked the same question in-game, and the best response I could get was that D'lore (is that the overlords name? ) got overthrown and there was a tiny little follow up quest that explained it??

I may have forgot to mention that it has been almost exactly 3 years since my last EQ2 login.

I'm sure, as with many online games if you go away for 3 years, and then suddenly return, there are bound to be many, many changes. But, one of the possible biggest changes that I already hate with a passion, is how easy it appears to be to change your alliance with your home city? I remember how hard it was for me to get my Ogre to the Qeynos home city alliance. Now, what the crap??? You just "tell someone" that you want to change your alliance? Is this true? Grrrrrrr.

Sorry... Now, the negative is out of the way... I forgot how beautiful EverQuest 2 is. I am sure that even the most advanced player has the occasional moment, where they look up an realize "Wow, you know... EverQuest2 is a nice looking game, especially the background" er... is that just me? heh.

And then there is the entire matter of the original server I used to play on... Kithicor. When did the servers vanish? Now I'm on Butcherblock server? And some of my characters have an "x" after their name? I assume it's because of a possible server merge??? I HATE having an X after my name. Was it a server merge?

And, out of curiosity, how many people "here" play more than one MMO? I play three. Ultima Online, EverQuest2 and one other. I'm curious if anyone else still plays Ultima Online? Just curious.

Ok... so, if your still with me... I'll look forward to any response or feedback I can get.

I thank you for your attention.

M

mmogamegirl

Bob,
I stumbled on this post searching for something. Sorry you never received a response. If you want an active EQ2 forum, you will have to go to EQ2's official forums. There is also EQ2 flames but unless you are hard-core, I wouldn't recommend it.

Sorry the game has changed from what you remember. As for Lucan D'Lere, he went missing at the end of 2009, there was a quest line but i don't think i ever did it. As far as I know he is still missing. I really can't help you much with that question. I love the fact that EQ2 has lore but i really dont know much of it in detail. I think changes like this make the game more interesting.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'just talking to someone" to change your home city. That’s probably just to move to another city of the same faction. If you live in Qeynos, you have the option of moving to G Fay, or Frostfang. If you want to move to the “evil” side, you will still have to betray and grind your faction up with either Freeport or Neriak. I don’t believe this has changed.

The server merges were necessary to overcome the fall in population. Its nice to have more people to play with. Sony gave people with the “x” appended to their name a chance to re-name their character. Perhaps you can look into that.

And yes EQ2 is beautiful. I’ve played lots of MMO’s; LOTR, WOW, Conan, Fallen earth, Rift, ect (Sorry but Ultima online never appealed to me) I consider Norrath my home. I may leave to visit other worlds for a bit but I always return.

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I saw this message in the loading screen tips:

I guess it does say " another city of the same alignment" . But if you wish to betray alignment then you still have to do the betrayal quests?

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
... I hope EverQuest2 doesn't fall apart. I've always viewed Everquest2 to be the only real competitor to W.O.W. Kind of like the pepsi and coke war, or the harly and indian war. There is the Everquest2 and World of Warcraft war.

Well.... I happen to favor Everquest2, I just think it is a far superior product. Glad to see there is some action in these forums though. ^.^

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
We've set up a new EQ2 portal. Just need someone to run it.