• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

My Triton went wild and did not poof.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was at the second Dark Forest spawn I did today. I went to the edge when the trees came out. My Triton wouldn't attack a tree so i thought it was on higher ground. Then I sent him to a savage, I got a message, he went grey and did not go poof. He promptly killed the few spawn around and then killed me. So I res and went back and he was still fighting so his tame bar was grey. He killed the stuff then killed me again. I ressed and went back and he was in a clear area. I was able to tame him and return him to the Stable.

Lucky!

Ang7

Sage
UNLEASHED
I didn’t know that could happen. Does it lose all the skill and scrolls you put on it?

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
When pets go wild, they don't lose the scrolls, just the skills..Still serious damage and re skilling work to do.

Scott1234

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Lots of line of site issues at that champ spawn, equals lots of possible loyalty drop with pet.

seems pinco/EC/etc should alert when the “bad” pet sound is triggered, easy to miss during chaotic scenes.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Lots of line of site issues at that champ spawn, equals lots of possible loyalty drop with pet.
Yeah... this is always the 'talking point' when this happens. An easier way for them to cover any issues instead of fixing them. Pets are also running 2-3 screens away again to attack something that 'targeted' them from over there. Even when they have a lot of mobs actually hitting them.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
The Devs should fix this pet going wild thing globally. No pet should be able to go wild unless you the tamer does it purposefully, i.e. release a pet. Now with the pet revamp these pets carry not only a ton of work to train and skill them, but many of them like 0.5 to 1 Plat of uo gold in PS vested in them. This really sucks.
Also:
Let me see you "retame" a Bane Dragon after it has gone wild, one that has all 120's as well? It will take a team of 5-6 sampires with Dragon slayer weapons, to beat it to submission FIRST, after they die many times each, get it to 10% life without killing it, then good luck with its owner retaming it. Just one example.
Other examples are fully stacked up Najas and Tritons, trully lightning fast pets, that go all over the place, and very risky to go wild in that spawn. Need be really luck to retame them. And if the boss is up "Guide" there and the wild pet is on it, then good luck.
I think that if enough people complain about this sh*tty desing, maybe and just maybe the Devs can finally disable the Pet gone Wild joke on paying UO players that have put massive time and resources in these pets that get p*mped this way.

Shot story : IT SUCKS! FIXIT DANG IT!
PS: Don't hold your breath for too long. Maybe in 7 years they will "take it into advisement" or "consider it for a new version" i.e. in 2027 or thereabouts..:mad:

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Crying out loud..Make pet that is disobedient just sit there doing nothing, paralyzed of anything, and never gone wild. This was done to stop the afk farmers-tamers. If a pet just sits there doing nothing when disobedient due to LOS of other reason, the afker farmer will just get killed by the spawn. That should be enough punishment, NOT to lose a pet! Also this affects all of us, not just the afk farmers. We are ALL punished due to this, unfairly imo.

Wharton

Adventurer
...so, if it is a line of sight problem, then what happens if the tamer gets killed in battle? Will the pet then go wild and wander off?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
...so, if it is a line of sight problem, then what happens if the tamer gets killed in battle? Will the pet then go wild and wander off?
Yes pets wander around whether you are dead or alive. But, they do not always go wild. I've seen players go afk for hours and hours and nothing happens to their pet. A pet going wild is not consistent.

Jimmydeanbean

Journeyman
This almost happened to me while doing Treasures of Undead Lords in Deceit with my Najasaurus. Not sure why it lost happiness in the first place but thankfully I caught it in time. I noticed it not following my commands and lore'd it, he was all the way down to Rather Unhappy. Moral of the story is keep some food on you for your pet just in-case and If you ever notice your pet not follow a command, Lore it. Also don't spam commands, If you tell your pet to follow you or kill something and it isn't doing that, there is a reason. Don't just keep spamming it, you might spam it into a wild state.