• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

My thoughts on project gorgon

scont

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I started playing the game a few days age and i love it. It has a lot of interesting and fresh concepts and feels a lot more alive than most other mmos. I really love how every npc has a personality and the favor system is great. I know this is pre alpha, but there is something that makes the game unplayable at times.
The biggest problem is the tab targeting. I dont dislike tab targeting as a concept, but the way it is executed in this game is to be honest horrible. There are some minor Problems such as being able to target mobs that your character cant see. But the biggest problem is that you can target objects the same way you can target mobs. When i try to target a mob i dont want to switch between every object in range. If i execute an attack i target the closest mob, and that is the only reason the combat isnt completely broken. But i have almost no control over what mob to attack if Im attacked by multiple mobs. And you can target objects while being in combat, making the targeting even harder. Please separate object and mob targeting.

Also id like to hear what the devs think about the minimap and other gui elements that help the player navigate. Because the way navigation is now it is not that easy to find quest objectives. But i like it that way. I dont want some arrow pointing towards the next quest objective implying that im to stupid to find it myself. That makes it easier but boring. If you dont read the dialog you shouldnt be able to complete the quest properly and it is just immersion breaking when im trying to deliver some items to an npc i dont know but his position is marked on the minimap and an big quest marker is floating above his head.
I am just curious about whether or not this is an intentional feature or just something that will be "fixed" later.

ErasmusPrime

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I was having the same difficulty as you but if you go into the keybind settings you can actually make the tab target only mobs and then make a different key for only targeting the other stuff. I set ~ to be my key for objects and whatnot as it was previously the key to toggle between run and walk and why would I ever not want to be running?

I think the tab targeting still needs some work but the change I mentioned should resolve much of your difficulties.