• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

My Template

kronides

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Critique this, please (PvM only):

110 Magery (120 with gear)
120 Eval Int
100 Meditation
90 Resisting Spells (GM with gear)
100 Spirit Speak (120 with gear)
100 Necro

+ GM Inscription.

That is how it is set up currently. My main question is about inscription. It may have been useful 15 years ago, but the 10% spell damage seems a waste of 100 points in this day and age of getting 85-100 or even more SDI on suits (again, speaking PvM only here). It doesn't seem to do much for me as far as killing things goes; shouldn't I drop / stone it?

Any other insights / thoughts welcome also. Thanks.

Cork

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
That is how it is set up currently. My main question is about inscription. It may have been useful 15 years ago, but the 10% spell damage seems a waste of 100 points in this day and age of getting 85-100 or even more SDI on suits (again, speaking PvM only here). It doesn't seem to do much for me as far as killing things goes; shouldn't I drop / stone it?

Any other insights / thoughts welcome also. Thanks.
GM Inscription also gives you a 5% bonus to casting focus which is nice.

Scott1234

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
If you’re running in wraith form, drop meditation.
If you do bosses, push to 120 real magery skill, eat a magery 3 primer, and use death ray.
Scribe isn’t the greatest usage of points if you run as above. You can fit taming in...

Cork

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
If you’re running in wraith form, drop meditation.
If you do bosses, push to 120 real magery skill, eat a magery 3 primer, and use death ray.
Scribe isn’t the greatest usage of points if you run as above. You can fit taming in...
I've found death ray is great if you can just stand there and not get interrupted. It doesn't work well in a lot of situations.

Cork

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Death Ray tamer is pretty nice.
I agree but only in certain situations. I would also say you need the correct type of pet and pet build to really utilize it well.

Last edited:

Gb8719

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I also agree that Inscription is not worth the points. Adding Spellweaving would add so much more value and versatility.

kronides

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the input, guys. I appreciate it.

EDIT: Oh, one more thing--I see that Tier 3 Mastery for Spellweaving is very expensive (for me, at least). If I do decide to take up Spellweaving, is the mastery worth the price of admission? I'm basically wondering how good the summon is, the reaper. Thanks.

Last edited:

Scott1234

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Spellweaving mastery not great.
magery mastery great.
necro mastery also good if you’re not a tamer. Eg grab 2 skeletal dragons as helpers...

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I would also suggest using Spellweaving Mastery and believe it is worth the cost. It makes it easier to get a full Spellweaving focus, gives you an additional summon to cast to help control spawn (a Reaper) or a defensive shield that will allow you to use some Mana as Hit Points. That's let alone that Spellweaving as a general skill has alot of very useful utility spells/abilities and the most powerful offensive spell in game - Word of Death.

The last character I built was a Necro Mage Spellweaver very similar to the build you are doing. I have been enjoying it a great deal and note that it is a very powerful and offensive build if done correctly. Happy to help with any other particular questions - good luck!