• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

My tamer is broken?

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I cannot use any skill buttons that require activation, animal lore, animal taming, hiding.

As well as all the rest, eval int, begging, cartography, anatomy etc etc.

I get the message you must wait a moment before you use another skill - however I am not using any skills.

I have no gumps open, I shut paperdolls, logged off, shut pc down, waited overnight for server reset, no luck.

I've called a gm, but I waited and waited, no luck.

(My other characters are fine).

Can anyone help?

The Doctor

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Tinker a spoon requires 0 skill. If that doesn't work try getting your toon dead and rezzed.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I get this sometimes if I honored something and didn't kill it.

Often if you Honor something and kill it you'll be fixed. Don't know if this applies to you or not... but it's worth a try.

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is your skill trigger that is stuck, if thoose above dont work - you need to call a GM. Its a easy reset for them to fix.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I get this sometimes if I honored something and didn't kill it.

Often if you Honor something and kill it you'll be fixed. Don't know if this applies to you or not... but it's worth a try.
Yep happens to me a lot when working honor up and having to run or missing the target and hitting a rock on the ground or something, also when using animal lore and doing the same or getting side tracked and leaving the lore target and not actually loreing the critter, or casting invis and opting to hide instead with the spell targeter still up. Sometimes repeating the action that caused it will work, sometimes logging in and out, other times just a good old cleansing by death. Also found targeting and hitting yourself with a magic arrow or other spell often resets it. And as Mandrake said a GM can fix it if nothing else works.

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I know this will sound crazy but i just step through a public moongate to Edon and it seems to fix it.
(easy to try and see if it works for you)

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey all,
For the record, none of the above worked. :/
I did try all.

GM River fixed it for me in 1 second, so thanks GM River and all for the advice etc.
Getting a GM is always a nightmare for me on EU, but Psycho called one for me on Atlantic :)

I think the initial bug was caused by a friend transferring a crimson drake to me, and exactly as he did so, the animal lore gump came up, he crashed and the transfer screwed up along with my ability to use any skills.

de-chande

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Hey all,
For the record, none of the above worked. :/
I did try all.

GM River fixed it for me in 1 second, so thanks GM River and all for the advice etc.
Getting a GM is always a nightmare for me on EU, but Psycho called one for me on Atlantic :)

I think the initial bug was caused by a friend transferring a crimson drake to me, and exactly as he did so, the animal lore gump came up, he crashed and the transfer screwed up along with my ability to use any skills.
You have no skill cookie !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk