• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

My success in Black Desert Online

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kinda proud of something I did recently that I, well, kinda have to gloat about :)

I am one of two people in North America with the highest possible grade on the best possible weapon in the game.

Let me explain how weapon grading works real fast so you have an idea how how difficult this was to achieve.

You Enhance weapons and armor to upgrade your gear. The levels of enhancing are as follows: 1-15, PRI, DUO, TRI, TET, PEN. Each time you try to enhance something and you fail, you get what is known as a "failstack". Failstacks increase the chance of your next enhancement by small percentage (less than 1%.) When you succeed, that character's failstacks are set back to 0. Failstacks can go up to an infinite amount. Failstacks are cap'd based on what level of enhancement you're doing. For example, at TRI, anything above 45 failstacks will not increase your chance of success. You can use 50 failstacks to try and get a TRI item, but those 5 extra failstacks will do nothing for you.

Now, when you get to PRI, DUO, TRI, TET, PEN and you fail, the item will go backwards. Meaning if I have a DUO weapon, and I try to enhance it to TRI and it fails, it goes back to PRI. Think about this for a minute... If I have a TRI weapon and I'm trying to goto TET and fail, it goes back to DUO. Then I try to get back to TRI and fail again, now I have a PRI weapon. It can be extremely frustrating believe me.

The percentage chance of upgrades decrease the higher the grade of enhancement. There is nothing written in stone, the developers like to keep a lot of things secret but your best chances with highest amount of failstacks upgrading items is somewhere around 20%.

OK I know that's a lot of information to wrap your head around :) Just trying to give you an idea of how difficult it is to get this... but here it is:

I've been offered $7500 for my account, I *should* sell it but I just can't let her go.