• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

My soon to be "never-finished" keep (pic HEAVY)

P

Paidric

Hello,

Well, I had some time lately between many projects so to release some pressure I worked on my main home keep.
This one is designed to be the home of my characters.

I'm working on another keep to be a barrack for a militia but that one will need to wait a little longer I guess.

Basically, the requirements I made for myself were :
- Hide all the stairs of the towers
- All storage in one place
- It had to have a pond/river/waterfall of some sort
- All roofs had to be accessible/decorated
- Be a challenge of some sort even if it was frustrating :p

The parts I'm not done with :
- The shrine on the roof, I want to make a pattern with large colored gozas. I want to add some things like wind chimes too.
- The kitchen is a bit empty but I wasn't inspired too much by it.

Why post the pics if it's not finished? Well, because I know myself, when I lack inspiration I stop working on things :)

*EDIT* Links to the images in KR

One of my goals lately is to make a Deco that looks good in both KR and 2D, it's a challenge on its own :)
It prevents many deco ideas and many tricks from being used. For example, the kitchen looks nice in 2D but not in KR due to the fire animations showing through everything.
Plus, in KR things that are stacked only show one item, not like in 2D which show 2, making some things not fit as nicely... I didn't succeeded entirely yet.. but I can finish correcting some things with time.
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u115/tyrghen/Decorating/keep4_kr_01.png
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u115/tyrghen/Decorating/keep4_kr_02.png
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u115/tyrghen/Decorating/keep4_kr_03.png

Quick note, those are 1:1 scale keep images, you might need to open them in a different window to see them full size.

The keep is on Europa - Trammel, south of trinsic :

Falon of Eldor

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*gulps*

Truly amazing, but how do you get downstairs to the white/black chest room with the kitchen in the way?

N

Ni-

*gulps*

Truly amazing, but how do you get downstairs to the white/black chest room with the kitchen in the way?
Same with the Smithing room. Can't walk down through Gozas, can ya?

Wonderful roof though! Simply outstanding!

P

Paidric

All stairs are accessible (except the treasure room - damn thieves :p)
But the stairs aren't visible by design :)

N

Ni-

All stairs are accessible (except the treasure room - damn thieves :p)
But the stairs aren't visible by design :)
Ahh, so the forges/tables/gozas are raised up, but can be walked behind to access the stairs....

nice!

L

Leanan Sidhe

Really great job.... and the little room on the roof is great!
Everytime I look some more I find something else I really like... amazing job!!

T

Teeshy

Could I be a pain? Any chance you could please post the pictures again, but as .jpg? I started to load one, but it was only 8% done and 130kb or something, so they're too big for me to load =P (well, not too big exactly, but will just take me ten forevers to load them all ;)) Thanks if you can!

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just love those barrel staves used as roof tiles, so neato! Faaabulous job hon. :)

T

Teeshy

Oh, thanks so much for that! (Images are still huge, took 4 minutes per =P But WAY better than the .png were going to be ;))

I love love LOVE the roof of your keep! =D Can't have that much deco in my castle unfortunately, lag kills me (literally!) on my doorstep if I do ;)

P

Paidric

Thanks for the feedbacks.

I added the KR pics as making KR compatible deco is my new hobby :)
Not a total success here but really close.

Oh and I added a map to the keep.

N

Ni-

Thanks for the feedbacks.

I added the KR pics as making KR compatible deco is my new hobby :)
Not a total success here but really close.

Oh and I added a map to the keep.
Thanks for the KR pics! They were smaller, but I am sure that is because you can zoom out with KR and not have to splice so many pics togather.

Razz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Beautiful Keep =)

I was curious. How are you splicing your pics together? I really would lvoe to know how it's done. =)

P

Paidric

Paintshop pro and patience :D

Well, when you are used to it, it's rather fast to be honest, I take several screenshots then use the freehand tool to cut parts of each screenshots.
Your screenshots have to have large overlapping areas.

Then when cutting the parts, always take a reference, I usually take a point with high contrast, like the edge of a flower (not fire as it is animated...) so I know where it tiles exactly.

My next keep is under work, though I have a lot of work there. And so little time... :(

S

solina2

Hello,

Well, I had some time lately between many projects so to release some pressure I worked on my main home keep.
This one is designed to be the home of my characters.

I'm working on another keep to be a barrack for a militia but that one will need to wait a little longer I guess.

Basically, the requirements I made for myself were :
- Hide all the stairs of the towers
- All storage in one place
- It had to have a pond/river/waterfall of some sort
- All roofs had to be accessible/decorated
- Be a challenge of some sort even if it was frustrating :p

The parts I'm not done with :
- The shrine on the roof, I want to make a pattern with large colored gozas. I want to add some things like wind chimes too.
- The kitchen is a bit empty but I wasn't inspired too much by it.

Why post the pics if it's not finished? Well, because I know myself, when I lack inspiration I stop working on things :)

*EDIT* Links to the images in KR

One of my goals lately is to make a Deco that looks good in both KR and 2D, it's a challenge on its own :)
It prevents many deco ideas and many tricks from being used. For example, the kitchen looks nice in 2D but not in KR due to the fire animations showing through everything.
Plus, in KR things that are stacked only show one item, not like in 2D which show 2, making some things not fit as nicely... I didn't succeeded entirely yet.. but I can finish correcting some things with time.
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u115/tyrghen/Decorating/keep4_kr_01.png
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u115/tyrghen/Decorating/keep4_kr_02.png
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u115/tyrghen/Decorating/keep4_kr_03.png

Quick note, those are 1:1 scale keep images, you might need to open them in a different window to see them full size.

The keep is on Europa - Trammel, south of trinsic :
:drool: WOw!!!!!!!!!!!!! dont have any other words, wait, Fantastic!!

L

Lord Drakelord

recent purchase of another Keep

I been working on it all week. Still not done, but I am getting happy with it now, as it no longer looks like a moving van dropped boxes and left.

Ahh nice too, where is yours at?
On Sonoma, UOAM picture location.

S

solina2

Ahh nice too, where is yours at?

I wish I will have the talent and patience. Great job!! :cheerleader: