• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

My ship was somehow damaged!

Rhiannon

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok. I'm a lowly fisherwoman, I mind my own business, stay away from pirates. I check my ship nearly every day. Today it says it was slightly damaged!
  1. how did it get damaged if I'm not docked near any known pirates and
  2. how do I repair it?

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I've no idea how it got damaged, but it's easy to fix. First, you should head for shore. Once you're at land you can do the repairs. Put some iron ingots, plain boards and cloth in your backpack (not sure how much of each). Click on your tillerman (his menu should give you the option to repair).

Rhiannon

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After I stopped panicking, I figured it out. Still don't know how or why my ship was damaged. The only thing I can think of was that maybe the pirate ships move and one sailed by, saw an unarmed unwomaned ship and decided it needed some damage. Good thing I had plenty of wood and cloth from my tailor and carpenter. It took a ton to get it back to new. I'm thinking that from now on, I will keep my ship closer to a dock somewhere when I logout. I normally just leave it wherever I finshed up fishing for the day.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Those pirates do move around. We recently discovered a guild-member's ship had been scuttled (what a mess!) Fortunately, the pirates didn't loot the hold. :)

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can unattended ships be attacked by guildmates/aliance members or members of guilds you are at war with?

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
As far as I know they still can be. I know a certain alliance member used to shoot mine up in Tram a good bit when he would run across it, and I would return in kind lol. I haven't been on the water in quite a few months tho but have not seen anything on a change. I couldda missed it tho *shrugs*