• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Swordsmanship] My sampire/whammie template

Kelly Daze

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wanted to build a template that could do it all...I was thinking about going with this template. I have always played an archer or mage and I am getting really tired of it...So I wanted something new.

This is what I was thinking...

120 swords
105 necro
80 SS
100 tactics
100 anatomny
120 bushido
95 chiv (rest of my points)

I want to go 105 necro for vamp form and to cast wither and spirit speak for curse weapon. Or should I look at making a vamp or whammie?

Should I look at trying to make a lrc suit? Or is it possible to make a lrc suit and the mods that are needed?

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Check the 2 stickys at the top they have everything youll ever need to know about sampires and wammys, i mean EVERYTHING :)

You only need 99 necro for vamp and curse wepon, and use regs not LRC as you need the slots on armour for more important things like SI/DI/HCI/HPI and so on...

Thunderz

Kelly Daze

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks i have read some of them but i was just wondering if you could play the double threat of a sampire and whammie together or is it best to pick one or the other.

Kelly Daze

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Quick question about gear...what is the one most important piece to get..tinkers legs or the trinket tali? Each sells for 30 mil on atl. Dont have the gold at the moment to purchase both.

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wanted to build a template that could do it all...I was thinking about going with this template. I have always played an archer or mage and I am getting really tired of it...So I wanted something new.

This is what I was thinking...

120 swords
105 necro
80 SS
100 tactics
100 anatomny
120 bushido
95 chiv (rest of my points)

I want to go 105 necro for vamp form and to cast wither and spirit speak for curse weapon. Or should I look at making a vamp or whammie?

Should I look at trying to make a lrc suit? Or is it possible to make a lrc suit and the mods that are needed?
There is no single build that can do it all, you always have to make compromises. I would use regs on such a char, but occasionally a lrc suit could be useful.

Using wither and curse weapon very frequently together will completely ruin your karma making chiv less useful.
With whirlwind and hit area, there is less use for wither anyway.

My sampire template on siege is now
120 throwing
120 bushido
115 tactics
99 necro
70 ss
71 + 9 chiv
120 anatomy or resist

Works like a charm for spawns, even with crap equipment compared to prodo.
As i tend to use the char melee style as well ,i guess it would work with non ranged weapons as well, but i would use fencing instead of swords here. Leafblade has 2 useful specials and can be made to be very fast, leaving room on suit for lrc. Feint helps a lot in certain situations because you do not evade much without parry.

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Quick question about gear...what is the one most important piece to get..tinkers legs or the trinket tali? Each sells for 30 mil on atl. Dont have the gold at the moment to purchase both.
You can run without tinker legs just fine. But trinket helps alot with hci if your not going to use woodland armor or are in factions. Its also good in doom or at undead spawns.
But most important is mace&shield glasses imho, then the others.

Kelly Daze

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can run without tinker legs just fine. But trinket helps alot with hci if your not going to use woodland armor or are in factions. Its also good in doom or at undead spawns.
But most important is mace&shield glasses imho, then the others.
Thanks...

Dang forgot the mace and shields

B

Bort of Atlantic

Here is what I would do --

120 swords/fencing
120 tactics
120 anatomy
120 bushido
99 necro
70 SS
71 chiv (put +9 or +13 on a jewel to hit 80 or 84 depending where you want chiv to wind up)

I've got both a sampire and a whammy, and each shines in specific situations. You can expect to be pretty effective with the above template but will probably be just a shade worse than either specific template. Hope this helps.

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Actually there is a temp that can do both. I was running one and it is ideal for bosses. Its going to need some updating for the chiv nerf patch but its entirely doable. If your really curious about it ICQ when I am on and I will show you all about it.