• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(RP) MY RP Journey Begins

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
DarkBlade Journal

6/10

By moonlight I travel towards New Haven. Thinking of the rumors of corruption and controversy on my journey I ride into the heart where these tales originate from. My journey begins with a sword clean and bright but I fear it will be dark with blood by the end of my journey. As I enter the gates of New Haven I am hailed by the guards to state my name and business in the city. In a brief moment of time, I think of my previous deeds of glory and heroics but alas they are in the past. I answer the guard in a gruff voice, "I am a weary warrior looking for a place to stay for the night". He nods his head toward a direction of an Inn and lets me pass.

I get off my mare and throw some coin to the stable boy by the Inn and walk in with my hand close to the pommel of my sword. I slowly gaze around the common room and its empty besides the passed out patron in the corner of the room and the tavern keeper. The man asks nervously, "How can I help thee sir?" I ponder why he is so nervous but assume for the moment its late and he is tired of a long day. I ask for room and board for the night. The tavern Keeper asks me to sign my name while I am pulling out coin for my stay. Again I ponder of my deeds of the past and sign a name. As he points up the stairs with his hands slightyly shaking and says "Take the room to the right of the hal"l, I feel eyes watching me as I look up the stairs.

I briefly see in the corner of my eye, the passed out patron watching me with an alert attention. Not the so passed out eyes of a drunk as I assumed. Maybe these stories are true I say under my breath as I walk up the stairs. I walk into my room and while I am closing the door I am relieved to know when I signed a name, instead of my real name, I signed it DarkBlade for the dark time I feel that looms for us all...........

B

Beleg Megil

(*applauds* I dunno if you have done this before, but it looks like you're a natural!)

C

Corvak

(Sits in the corner and tries to learn something. Nicely done.)

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
(I can write stuff in parentheses too.)

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
(Does writing like this mean I'm in char or out of char? I r confused. Nice story though, I wanna see what happens next!)

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
(Does writing like this mean I'm in char or out of char? I r confused. Nice story though, I wanna see what happens next!)
(Come to the ceremony on Sunday 7:30pm est. I would love to know what is gonna happen myself.)

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
DarkBlade Log Entry

6/10

My journey to New Haven has giving me more questions then answers. I awoke the next morning after my journey feeling stiff and sore. I was speaking to myself when I looked out the window of my room saying, "I could of slept more comfortably outside on rocks then this old cot they provide here." I put on my armor, then my sword, my cloak, and finally strap the shield to my back. I walk out into the hallway and down the stairs into the common room and I feel the warmth from the fireplace as the tavern keeper is stoking the fire.

I hail him for some food and water and sit down by the front windows of the inn. I look out the window and see the guards performing their gate duties. They seem to be aggitated from my view as the day brings in more travelers then night. I glance toward the stable direction and I see a diferent type of guards then the ones that are stationed around the gates and walls of New Haven. They look of not of this territory but from somewhere familiar to me. I lose my train of thought as the tavern keeper interupts me bringing my food and water. I thank him and hand him some coin, I look back out the window and the new guards are gone. I lean farther back and forth and no sign of these guards. They seemed very familiar to me but I just cant recall. The look of royalty but not the true royal guards of old.

I eat my food and drink my water quickly and go out the door to focus why I came here. I walk towards the north gate and is immediately stopped by the old guards, not the new guards that I had noticed earlier. One asks me, "Where do you think you are heading to in this direction?" I reply, " Good sir, I am just taking a morning stroll to stretch out these legs after a long journey here." He gazes at my eyes to see any untruth but he nods and says, "Stay close to the city walls you may not like what you see out there if you travel to far." I ask, "Is there danger that I should be forwarned about good sir?" He says sternly, "Stay close to the city walls if you know whats good for you" and waves me through the gates watching me more closely then he was before. I mutter to myself as I walk outside of the gate, "I should be more careful asking questions or this purpose of my journey wont be to long."

I walk into the direction of Old Haven, the reason of my journey, the answer of my many questions. On my walk closer to Old Haven I hear strange sounds of darkness coming from the city ruins. I get closer to the cover of the side of the road and decide to travel not by main road, but by the cover of brush for safety. I peer through the brush by one of the city buildings and I see what it appears people walking with no purpose. As I try to get a look closer I feel something brush against me from behind. As I turn and and see who is behind me I lose control for a moment and shout, "WHAT MADNESS IS THIS!!!!" I draw my sword and swing with all my might. I take off the head and kill what appeared to be a peasant but a walking undead with ragged clothing.

My mind rages with these stories and tales I was told are now true. Nothing is being done with Old Haven and these undead have taken over. Are these the unlucky ones that perished with the city? My shout must alerted the rest of the undead near. I hear them coming close. Then with an ear splitting shout I hear a hideous voice of evil , "Who comes to kill my brethern!" I see this skeleton that looks like a captain of some sort of these smelly, oozing undead creatures. " Deal with me human if you want a challenge or run for your life" he says. I see my odds of this army coming at me with their undead leader with a glow to him. I back off swiftly and then turn to run. I run back towards New Haven with the knowledge that I must confer with somebody that I can trust...somebody that can help....somebody that can give me all the answers...........................

*Thanks guys and gals. Im not really good at this but I am a fan of the dragonlance series. I read all those books so it helps with the imagination of what Im trying to RP with in UO. I dont want to give away my story and what it will lead to but it should get a little more interesting with a few surprises.*

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
DarkBlade Journal

6/10

As I took time to compose myself and clean my blade from the undead monster I had killed, I couldn't get out of my head that Old Haven was infested with this evil. I am near the gates of New Haven walking and I notice a man on the top watch tower. I guess to myself, its a guard watching the surrounding area. I walk into the gates and the guards on duty notice me and go back to their business. I see a figure come down from the watch tower and I notice he is wearing a hooded cloak to hide his face. He doesnt look like the rest of the guards. He notices me staring at him and turns opposite of me and walks away briskly.

Before I could even follow this strange fellow, I hear a commotion, beside a building near me. I decide I should investigate it since my instincts are on edge. I walk behind the training ground building and notice 2 guards shoving this old peasant man to the ground. I say in an even tone, "Leave the old man alone or deal with me," while I draw my sword and pull my shield loose from the strap on my back. One guard replies to me, " Whats it be your business stranger, he is just an old useless mage." I reply with my teeth clenched, "Leave him be or deal with somebody that can deal with you." The other guard pulls his comrade to the side and says, "Let it go we have other business to deal with today." The other guard stares at me like he could kill me and laughs, "We will cross paths again and wont be so busy next time." I nod my head in understanding and watch them walk away.

I reach down with my hand to help the foul smelling peasant up and ask, "Are you ok old man?" I could smell drink on the dirty fellow. He had a robe on that had seen better days and pouches of spices and regs near his waist that seemed very empty. "Quit calling me old man", he says. " My name is Kentra and I was about to deal with those so called guards, more like ruffians for the mayor until you came along," he says with bleary eyes." I slighty turn my head and smile so he cant see me. "I apologize Kentra for interupting you" I reply. I bow down to him and was bidding him farewell when he asks me, " Can you spare some gold for a down an out mage?" I think for a moment and say, " How about if I pay for one nights food and lodging and for you to get cleaned up a bit for some information." He looks at me with his eyes glassy and bloodshot and asks, "What kind of information are you wanting?" "Information on Old Haven and the surrounding lands" I say. He shakes his head slowly up and down and rubs his hands together and grins. "Finally, someone that will listen to me!" He yells. He looks around after he realized what he had done and then says, "Yes, yes," he says in a low voice, " I can tell you many tales great sire of anything you may need to know."

I direct Kentra to follow me and while he is following me I notice the dark hooded cloak fellow slip into the Inn Im staying at and I feel tonight will have a few more surprises.........

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
DarkBlade Journal

6/10

As Kentra and I enter the Inn I slowly gaze for the hooded cloak fellow. As I scan I notice there are a few patrons doing some early celebrating before the evening crowd that should arrive. My eyes catch a familiar face of the supposedly passed out drunk from the other night sitting at the same place with a mug of ale already being served him. I continue to search for the hooded cloak fellow but I dont see him. Kentra bumps into me and says, "Are we just going to stand here? I turn and look at Kentra with a look of irritation and reply, "No I was trying to see someone I saw enter before you and I a few moments ago."

I turn back around and dont see the strange man with the hooded cloak and walk towards the tavern keeper. He looks at me strangely and then I notice its Kentra that he is looking at. I slam some coin down on the counter and say to the tavern keeper, " Put him in a room beside mine. I am paying for his food and lodging for the night." The tavern keeper looks a little dismayed and leans close to me and says softly " Sire, no disrespect but he smells like he has been living in the stable and he causes trouble in these parts." I nod my head in understanding and ask "Is there a place he can get cleaned up at?" The tavern keeper says "Yes, we have an outside shower in the back he can take one there but it will cost you more." I throw 5 gold coins to him and told the keeper to add a clean robe with that and he agrees. The tavern keeper points to the room beside mine up the stairs for Kentra to stay in and bites the gold coin as he turns away.

Kentra takes his shower while I am changing from my armor to more casual clothing for the evening. I put on a silk shirt, tan leather leggings, a dark cloak with dark matching boots. I put on my sword belt and scabbard and walk out into the hall. I see Kentra come out of his room beside me wearing a new robe with his pouches tied around his waist. He looks more human now then earlier. Gone is the glassy, blood shot eyes of a drunk. He has a smell of spice coming from one of his pouches. I slap him on the shoulder " Lets go Kentra and talk of these tales over food and drink tonight" I say joyously. Kentra smiles a bit and walks with me. I can tell he is nervous and I notice some of the patrons must recognize him. They whisper and I over hear one asking one of his companions, "Is that not the drunk mage of Haven? I nudge him with my elbow and smile, " Dont pay attention to them". We walk over to a table in the corner and he sits across from me.

As we wait for the barmaid to come around, Kentra asks me what information I am looking for. I tell him I am needing information on the lands as I rub a scar with my fingers that goes across the palm of my hand. I told him of tales, that came from a dear traveling freind of mine, of great monsters that now roam the lands and how the lands have been changed. How Old Haven was cursed and changed while a new a New Haven is built. How Magincia was also destroyed and cursed. I also told him of some cities and towns have almost become empty.

He waits patiently till I am done and says " Sire, you have been shut out of the world for many moons?" I nod and he continues, " Times have changed my good warrior and I am about to tell you of things that will help you with your journey." "For me it was to late but for you its not to late," he says. Then a flash of black and white startles us both and its the barmaid with two mugs of ale. She nods back behind her says " Compliments from the tavern keeper." She hands is our mugs and I notice Kentra looking at her boosom more obvious then he thought. The bar maid also notices this and slaps him across the face and says viciously, "Be lucky mage that you are taken of good company or you wouldnt be here in this Inn tonight!" She walks away angrily and I raise my brow to Kentra. "Seems you have a tale of yourself to tell" I say with a grin. He smiles as he takes a draught of his ale. "Sire, my tale weaves into some of the answers you seek"

I take a drink of my ale thinking now I will have some answers to my questions that been burdening me for some time now.............

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
DarkBlade Journal

6/10

As Kentra took a big gulp of his ale, the door of the Inn opens, four of these new type of guards that I have seen before entered. Their metal on their armor was bright, cloaks made of some rich material very well kept, but it almost seemed they had a magical aura coming from their armor and weps. They had an air of confidence and seemed very joyous fellows. They walked to a table not to far and sat down and ordered some ale and food.

I bring my attention back to Kentra that was staring at me with keen interest. He had a slight smirk on his face and says, " Warrior, I see you noticed these new guards, and I could see by your reaction that you felt something different about them then the ordinary guards of New Haven." He doesnt wait for me to answer and leans closer in on the table and softly says, "Warrior, they are also part of my tale and answers you seek."

So Kentra begins to tell me of tales of wonder and horror, beauty and darkness, of how the lands of old and the lands of new have changed. He tells me of monsters of power that leads armies of minions when challeneged that carry powerful items and magical scolls if defeated on their bodies. He tells of great stories of the lucky victors and dreadful defeats of the unlucky on these quests. "Many have died to these creatures to obtain what some few have" he says dryly. Kentra sat silent for a moment then goes on about how now tradesmens have now aquired the power to build magical armor and weps as powerful of just as powerful as some of the magical artifacts that have been discovered.

He takes another drink of his ale and looks down at the table with a lost look in his eyes and mumbles, " I feel warrior you should know that with these discoveries has also come a great divison of people." "Many people united to do good for the world we live in but also there was people that have united for evil and their own purpose of power and conquest."

My mind is reeling with all these tales and I ask him, " Do you not have such items and power if you have knowledge of all this?" He looks up from the table and looks at me intentlty, "Nay warrior, I was the many that have rejected such power and use of items when discovered." "I preferred as many at the time of these discoveries to turn away and keep to the ways it's always been at that time." Kentra seems to be talking to himself than to me it seems about on how many of his friends he had have disapeared or whithered away after the new discoveries. He looks back at me and goes on that he heard many rumors that not only his friends, but to many people across the lands. "We once had cities and towns with heavy trade and traffic." " Our cities are bare most of the time, traveled roads once used are now empty, alliances of good and evil roam the lands, and people are scared now days" he says. "This power that was discovered has changed the face of this world as you knew it, so yes the tales your friend told you are true"

I ponder about all these tales and rumors he has told me. It must be true as I glance over to these new guards. I could feel the magic and power from them as they entered the room. I see some of the old guards across the room, looking at the other new guards with anger and disgust. Kentra grabs my attention back "Warrior, I can tell you still live the ways of old but very skilled." " Where have you been hiding and not have knowledge of such happening of the world?" he asks. I run my fingers over my scar on my hand I said "Another tale for another night my freind" As I grab my ale I look at Kentra, "lets enjoy the rest of the evening with drink and food and tomorrow we will worry of such stories." Kentra readily agreed with a smile.

I yelled for the barmaid with a smile thinking of the early incident with Kentra in mind for food and more ale. As she went to the back I thought I saw a glimpse of a man watching us from a table across the room, but a patron passed by and the man was not there. I shrugged it off and thought it was just good ale............................................