• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

My positive outlook on EA Land

• Thread starter imported_Starrfoxx
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Starrfoxx

We see a lot of negative posts, and I admit I've had some choice feelings of my own from time to time about EA Land. Indeed, we are all entitled to our opinions.

I've been playing EA Land a lot lately in the past week with the new sim I created. I figure it may be awhile before I can play my AV or CC sim until it's merged, which is why I created a new one. In that one week, let me share what I've experienced:

1) Amazing custom content. The more I see, the more I am reminded of what made the offline Sims so successful. I've seen some neat stuff out there, and I think ahead of some of the other great things the devs will make available to us such as custom paintings, wallpaper, and tiles. Maybe even custom clothing/skins!

2) Job tracks. For the first time, I am able to play the robot factory with nearly a full house! Yes it's work, but it sure is fun to be playing with others and not having to rely on 3 extra accounts to do it. Plus, I feel that the money I'm making from the robot factory is actually making a difference, because making money through other means doesn't pay as much. Sure beats the ridiculous payouts everyone was doing per canning before.

3) Economy. Although I feel that it still needs a tad bit more tweaking, things "feel" like their in balance somewhat compared to what they used to be. It's taking me quite a bit of time to save up for property, but then the same could be said of other online games with online housing. Those aren't cheap either.

4) Hopeful of more variety. Since visitor bonuses are a thing of the past, there doesn't feel like a need to make a huge, Size 8 lot that caters to everything in order to compete for visitors. I feel like I can be creative enough to make a Size 1 or 2 lot, and still draw enough interest for people to want to check it out.

Although I am not a fan of the ATM (but I understand it) and saddened by the loss of the fun jackpot machines and roulette table, I am hopeful for the outcome of EA Land. I look forward to being able to finally play my "legacy sims" in EA Land after they merge.

G

The more I fly around within TC3 and EA-Land, the more I am reminded of the "old" days - Tip jars, lively conversations, full houses, roomies having to "jump" to squeeze more people in, even - in a few cases - charging a nominal fee for the buffet! And skill houses that cater to one or two specific skills!

And newbies... EVERYWHERE!

Despite what the naysayers want us all to believe, TSO is not failing. If anything, we're experiencing a bit of a renaissance!

And now - I don't care what anybody else says, or how they want to try to label me; I am going to put on my pom-poms and cheer this team on!

<center>

</center>

S

Sean Kendrick

I dont think anyone has any doubt that when the devs are done TSO will be awesome. Right now we're just going through a rocky patch on the road to "awesome". Some people just dont like rocky patches (or lack of patches
)

M

mike1977

<blockquote><hr>

The more I fly around within TC3 and EA-Land, the more I am reminded of the "old" days - Tip jars, lively conversations, full houses, roomies having to "jump" to squeeze more people in, even - in a few cases - charging a nominal fee for the buffet! And skill houses that cater to one or two specific skills!

Despite what the naysayers want us all to believe, TSO is not failing. If anything, we're experiencing a bit of a renaissance!

And now - I don't care what anybody else says, or how they want to try to label me; I am going to put on my pom-poms and cheer this team on!

<center>

</center>

[/ QUOTE ]

And money houses aren't filled with...1,2,3, etc (people counting their jams for payouts). It's great!!!

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Keep those poms shaking, girl. The team, and the game, need your enthusiasm.

I don't want to be a naysayer, but I am a realist. You know, every time a new city has opened it has brought the appearance of a "renaissance." The trouble is, it has never maintained the momentum. Everyone is excited for a few weeks and then back to the dark ages.

People are excited now because they are nest building. Once they have the nest...

I just hope the forward momentum of game development is able to hold onto the players.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I just hope the forward momentum of game development is able to hold onto the players.

[/ QUOTE ]I think consolidating everything and everyone into one large city may actually help. A big part of what happened in Dragon's Cove is that, once the new-city smell wore off, everyone left and migrated back to familiar territory, isolating themselves from sims they'd met who themselves went back to different cities.

This is different. Not only is there nowhere to run, but now the cities (or suburbs now) can be intertraveled. Indeed, I think the idea of embedding the cities onto one large map was a great idea. It allows for the consolidation the game needed, yet still allows each 'burb to maintain its own identity and culture.

Now, if only they would restore the old city names back to the map sections...

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]I think consolidating everything and everyone into one large city may actually help. A big part of what happened in Dragon's Cove is that, once the new-city smell wore off, everyone left and migrated back to familiar territory, isolating themselves from sims they'd met who themselves went back to different cities.

This is different. Not only is there nowhere to run, but now the cities (or suburbs now) can be intertraveled. Indeed, I think the idea of embedding the cities onto one large map was a great idea. It allows for the consolidation the game needed, yet still allows each 'burb to maintain its own identity and culture.

Now, if only they would restore the old city names back to the map sections...

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope you are right about the "suburbs." This has not happened in TC3, though. TC is isolated, and while many people still live there, I don't think anyone moves in. It is invisible and unnoticed. If the old city names go up maybe that will make a difference, although many have already migrated to the central EA area. I have a feeling only sentiment will take people to the 'burbs.' And, if the game is growing from newbies, as you say, then they have no such sentimental ties.

But, who knows. I hope that having a positive outlook on EA Land will prove the correct outlook.

I

imported_Spacey

Well said Starrfox.

Though I get discouraged by the technical stuff (dl'ing EALand, fullscreen and windowed mode going haywire, verification loops, not knowing what's going on sometimes), I am also very pleased by many things... most of which you mentioned in your post.

I can't wait for more objects to be customizable, especially clothes. I have always wanted to learn how to make them, I just never played the Sims as much as I played TSO.

I

imported_Starrfoxx

I finally bought my property. I didn't get it in the main area where everyone else is, but rather over to the right side of the map. It's that new looking city. I have a picture of the store I'm attempting to build which is in the Pictures section of the forum.

N

Newbie Sim

I've heard rumours that TSR are looking at converting their entire Sims 2 catalogue of items into Sims 1/EA-Land items. Now that would be quite something!

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

I hope you are right about the "suburbs." This has not happened in TC3, though. TC is isolated, and while many people still live there, I don't think anyone moves in. It is invisible and unnoticed. If the old city names go up maybe that will make a difference, although many have already migrated to the central EA area. I have a feeling only sentiment will take people to the 'burbs.' And, if the game is growing from newbies, as you say, then they have no such sentimental ties.

But, who knows. I hope that having a positive outlook on EA Land will prove the correct outlook.

[/ QUOTE ]

TC has always been isolated from the mainstream. However, since there will only be two servers to choose from, I would imagine more people will consider living in a test center just to have an option of going somewhere when the EA-Land server is down for one reason or another. In time, I believe players will choose to live in all 3 designated areas of TC3.

As for the suburbs of EA-Land, I look forward to moving back to Dan's Grove when it arrives. I've never been a big city girl and the past 6+months have been a strain on my patience.

N

Noddy Bond

I for one will be moving my lot to Dan's Grove when it reapears on the Map, come on EA get us our map piece open i want to start up my neghbourhood again.
Although i might have to change the name of it to somthing more fitting to DG or start up two lol.