• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

My pets no longer defend themselves

• Thread starter Corrupted Goblin
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
C

Corrupted Goblin

Is this a recent patch that causes my pets to only attack what they have been commanded to attack. All of my pets and i mean ALL will get attacked and just keep on doing their own thing and not fighting back.

N

Nenime

What client do you play?

Also, when you move the cursor over the pet(s) is there any label/tag on it like "Guarding" or something like that? Try "Stop [pet's name]" for ending any existing command and then approach to a hostile again. Do they still act the same then?

Lord Cuda

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I have a dread warhorse that when told to kill will stand in one spot and cast magic and wait till the target reaches him. I have to tell him to follow the intended victim to at least get him within a tile of it and then he just stands there and does the same thing. I hope a nite in the stables fixes this little glitch because it is quite annoying to say the least.

So yeah something is not right :cursing:

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am not quite sure were your issue is.

If the pet is given any command other than Kill/Attack then yes, they will NOT defend themselves.

If I tell my pet to kill something and DO NOT tell it to All Follow Me, then after a bit it will come to me, unless it is being attacked by something else then it will target that something else and kill it. If it comes to me on its own, then it will attack anything that attacks it.

It will only exit the above mode on All follow me, All Stay, All Stop. Least wise that is how it is for me.

Z

Zodiac19

Well I have a dread warhorse that when told to kill will stand in one spot and cast magic and wait till the target reaches him. I have to tell him to follow the intended victim to at least get him within a tile of it and then he just stands there and does the same thing. I hope a nite in the stables fixes this little glitch because it is quite annoying to say the least.

So yeah something is not right :cursing:
I have the same problem with pets. They acknowledge the commands but seem to be stuck in place. I have found that you need to feed said pet and it will start to act normal again. Loyality does not seem to be an issue as I check that when pets act strange, most times they are wonderfuly happy. Just carry lots of food and feed regularly and you should be fine.

C

Corrupted Goblin

Thanks for the info all....

And if you pets are not advancing towards monsters that you tell to all kill, you have crossed a server line with them while unmounted, and a simple log out log in will correct that issue.

N

Nenime

And if you pets are not advancing towards monsters that you tell to all kill, you have crossed a server line with them while unmounted, and a simple log out log in will correct that issue.
Ah yes, now I recall ... I happened several times to me while treasure hunting. I was more thinking about this recent Greater Dragon bug but this seemed to be fixed - at least it didn't occur to me for some time now.