• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

my nice new mb killed uoam :(

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe because it's dual core so I now have xp 64 instead of 32?

It opens up oki, but all I have is a black square. No maps.

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Petra,

There is apparently a problem with running UOAM on a 64-bit OS. Other people have reported problems with UOAM on XP, Vista, and Windows 7 64-bit systems, but UOAM works on all 3 operating systems in their 32-bit version.

I haven't seen any solution to the problem. 32-bit programs that are driver dependent simply will not run on 64-bit systems without a code overhaul. I don't know if that is specifically what brings UOAM to a halt, but it is likely.

-Skylark

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
oki, thanks. I guess I'll ditch it and use the in game radar then, I know my way around fairly well by now :D

S

Szarwyn

Thats because the UO client is stored in another location and you need to point UOAM to the correct spot. In the 32 bit versions there is a folder called "Program Files" which is why it works. 64 it adds two program file folders. This is a big problem for various support apps on the 64 bit OS's including Windows 7 64 (which I run).

To load the maps, open UOAM and choose Maps >UO file client data location

Enter the path to your UO client.

Example: C:\Program Files (x86)\EA Games\Ultima Online 2D Client\

I did notice on Windows 7 that you can't change the performance settings. It crashes every time. I just returned to the game after a year and a half so it may be something that broke earlier and I just don't know about it :)

Szar

S

Szarwyn

Another thing I noticed (but haven't figured out a way to fix yet), houses will no longer load on UOAM if you're on the 64 bit version. This is caused by those Program folder renames (x86). UOAM uses UOAssist to track those but since the path is different, UOAM is looking in the wrong location.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you! I can't believe I'd gotten halfway there! I'd altered that to read \EA Games\Ultima Online 2D Client\ but because both programs were within the Program Files (x86) folder I didn't include the full path. Silly me!

I have houses. I just ticked the box 'housing' under the 'files' heading?

N

NewThunder

Wow, thank you both, UOAM is working in windows 7 for me now