• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

My Mouse movement in-game is not working right

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was playing then all of a sudden my mouse speed dropped to slow. It only happens when I'm on UO. I adjusted the mouse movement speed settings from my Windows 10 settings menu, but nothing changed in-game. I checked the in-game options for mouse movement, but the only thing i found was "run mouse on seperate thread" - and that did nothing (needed a restart of game for it to kick in - still nothing).

Can anyone help me with this please?

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I was playing then all of a sudden my mouse speed dropped to slow. It only happens when I'm on UO. I adjusted the mouse movement speed settings from my Windows 10 settings menu, but nothing changed in-game. I checked the in-game options for mouse movement, but the only thing i found was "run mouse on seperate thread" - and that did nothing (needed a restart of game for it to kick in - still nothing).

Can anyone help me with this please?
Well, and I know people don't like to hear this, but have you troubleshot it by trying another mouse or if you're on a laptop, have you tried the track pad? I had a mouse issue in UO where I was dragging and constantly dropping stuff. I didn't notice it anywhere else... my batteries were dying and UO was simply the first place where it was readily apparent.

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
just tried a new mouse - the speed is still slower then hell. I'm on a desktop. The mouse pad is clean, and so is the inferred light on both of the mice.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It appears that when you log into UO, something happens to change the speed of your mouse. Happens to me too. I think it may have to do with running a mouse with a separate program, like Logitech Gaming Software or as in my case EVGA Unleash, it takes forever to get it set properly and even then the speed is different when you are not in game. It seems the mouse programs and Win10 doesn't play well together.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I have something similar happen on pretty basic, all wired, tech.

Maybe not so coincidentally, it seems to happen at certain times when there is active spawning in Fel (and I'm a 99.9% tram ruleset player, only sneaking into Fel when I have to for T-Map digs, so it's affecting me in Tram, Ter Mur, Malas, Ilshenar, and Tokuno - I won't even GO to Tokuno when it's happening) and, of course, during events. In the latter, it's the worst, and my mouse moves so slowly that the boss that drops the monthly item is dead before I can even bring up the bar, even when the EM makes an effort to allow people to get the target bar before combat starts. This, on top of sporadic lag (worse than anything I've experienced since the first year of AoS) that is too specific to certain occasions (as noted above) to be purely accidental.

I think Broadsword might need to start checking to see if the servers now being cloud-hosted might have opened up an avenue for exploiters to artificially slow others' client response, including the client's mouse threading (which would be an overall symptom, not the main issue).

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
it seems to happen at certain times when there is active spawning in Fel[...]
I think Broadsword might need to start checking to see if the servers now being cloud-hosted might have opened up an avenue for exploiters to artificially slow others' client response, including the client's mouse threading
No offense, but that's a whole lot of :tinhat:.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
No offense, but that's a whole lot of :tinhat:.
YMMV - All I can report is the evidence.

Outside of events, It ONLY seems to happen when there are people ACTIVELY talking trash back and forth to each other on my shard, over killing each other at spawns being raided, as the spawns are going on. Given that my shard only has that happening at rare points in the day (Fel being dead there until the pet publish) and always corresponding with Fel and/or multi-box activity, It never seemed to happen prior to then, and almost all of the participants in the Fel fighting being people who only play my shard for events and spawns, it looks pretty clear cut to me - especially as I'm not the only one being effected, and at the same time. Trust me, it's not fun when you and 3-5 friends are doing the Roof with tamers, then everything pauses for 3-10seconds, then when things start back moving there's a mass of red numbers, as the clients compress the missing time into one tick.

Barring it being an out and out software bug that's affecting only people using specific software (I only use CC with UOA, with UOAM only when T-hunting)...

The only question is whether it's multi-boxers trying to do the spawns as well as the events (with the raiders being a symptom that makes it apparent), or if the PvPers might be trying to use whatever it is as well.

Frankly, I suspect the multi-boxers.

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've noticed mouse issues in the past with regard to UO. What I found was affecting it was all those stupid update programs every single software vendor insists on running in the background of your computer. After removing all of those, the issues cleared right up.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've noticed mouse issues in the past with regard to UO. What I found was affecting it was all those stupid update programs every single software vendor insists on running in the background of your computer. After removing all of those, the issues cleared right up.
My comp is fairly decent and new and those updates don't even affect me when they're running, my mouse slowdown has nothing to do with that, it only happens when I log in to UO, slows down considerably.

Also has nothing to do with other players at events or how busy the area is, I am pretty sure it's a software battle between the proprietary mouse software overriding the Win10 mouse settings but I have changed everything in both of them to try to cancel this and nothing seems to work so I just have to set my mouse speed higher when I get in game, however this affects the stability and the accurate targeting of the mouse.

Last edited: