• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

My most crazy grind in UO is over :D

samaelmcgovern

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
OMG, finally after months and months I finished what I consider one of worst grinds in UO ... let me add useless and not funny too :juggle:

The entire collection of blue bone armor :cool: All the hues between 1301 and 1354. Just collecting a full set can take forever, imagine getting all of them :coco:

Only the last piece, the damn leggins 1311 finally dropped this evening after weeks of smashing the poor undead gargoyles o_O

Ain't them beautiful ? :cool: uoblueblone.jpg

Last edited:

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
LOL Awesome! I am doing the same thing. I don't sweat it though...just started a few months ago and I go down there occasionally so it doesn't stress me out.

1632776953121.png

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
OMG, finally after months and months I finished what I consider one of worst grinds in UO ... let me add useless and not funny too :juggle:

The entire collection of blue bone armor :cool: All the hues between 1301 and 1354. Just collecting a full set can take forever, imagine getting all of them :coco:

Only the last piece, the damn leggins 1311 finally dropped this evening after weeks of smashing the poor undead gargoyles o_O

Ain't them beautiful ? :cool:

I remember grinding for ages to get all the songs for the music box... don't know how many hundred thousands of golems I killed... and finally succeeded... when farming materials to make Golems for killing the Void Shadow Demon... and then.... what do they do... but put out more gears .... so was back to farming doing that Sutek quest over and over for days on end to get a full set again.

SwordofExcalibur

One of the last Rangers of Skara Brae
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Wow this is so neat. I love all the colors. I've picked up that armor before and obtained a full set, but in my naivety, I didn't realize there were this many colors. I may collect some in the future.

What a really nice collection. This is what I love doing in UO, collecting neat objects, furniture, and sets.

gwen

Slightly Crazed

Ain't them beautiful ? :cool: View attachment 122527
Didn't realize they have different hue. I know what I'll do when bored and when waiting for Niporaliem to restart .

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Congratulation :cool:

samaelmcgovern

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
LOL Awesome! I am doing the same thing. I don't sweat it though...just started a few months ago and I go down there occasionally so it doesn't stress me out.
ahah I'm not feeling alone in this crazy task :D You are already at a good point anyway !

and I thought having 4 completed hues was good Freaking Amazing great work
Thx :D I started like this, just a few sets to have in my little armor museum and for sell .. than it became a drug :D

Wow this is so neat. I love all the colors. I've picked up that armor before and obtained a full set, but in my naivety, I didn't realize there were this many colors. I may collect some in the future.
What a really nice collection. This is what I love doing in UO, collecting neat objects, furniture, and sets.
Thx :) Yep, love this aspect of UO too :) Best wishes for your collection ;)

Didn't realize they have different hue. I know what I'll do when bored and when waiting for Niporaliem to restart .
I actuallly found out in a Niporailem wait ... used to killed the gargs for farming undead flesh

Congratulation :cool:
Thx !

For he would like to start to farm them .. a few suggestions :

Whirlwind is your friend of course. Open the gates and clean as soon as possible every room, even the one with serpents of purtrid gargs to let the spawn again. Undead slayer double axe with area spells is the way to go.
Use Pinco UI, for 2 reasons : you can read the HUE directly in the overing info panel, so you can speed up things ALOT, and you can bind keys to open the corpse and loot automatically the armor pieces and eventually gold and imbueing regs (and you make alot. I've not really took note, but I think I looted about 20 mils in gold unless I stopped looting gold, 10000 undead flesh and a couple thousands of silver serpent skin. In pinco set to unlight for splintering weapons too, got some nice garg one).

When home, I set a box for each part, and a couple of crates where in each row I put a set when reaching 3 pieces, to visually have and idea of the sets about to complete.
Of couse have a spreadsheet or you go crazy :D

Have fun !

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards

Ain't them beautiful ? :cool:
you have won UO.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
ahah I'm not feeling alone in this crazy task :D You are already at a good point anyway !

Thx :D I started like this, just a few sets to have in my little armor museum and for sell .. than it became a drug :D

Thx :) Yep, love this aspect of UO too :) Best wishes for your collection ;)

I actuallly found out in a Niporailem wait ... used to killed the gargs for farming undead flesh

I am noob and have never figured out how to open all the gates
Thx !

For he would like to start to farm them .. a few suggestions :

Whirlwind is your friend of course. Open the gates and clean as soon as possible every room, even the one with serpents of purtrid gargs to let the spawn again. Undead slayer double axe with area spells is the way to go.
Use Pinco UI, for 2 reasons : you can read the HUE directly in the overing info panel, so you can speed up things ALOT, and you can bind keys to open the corpse and loot automatically the armor pieces and eventually gold and imbueing regs (and you make alot. I've not really took note, but I think I looted about 20 mils in gold unless I stopped looting gold, 10000 undead flesh and a couple thousands of silver serpent skin. In pinco set to unlight for splintering weapons too, got some nice garg one).

When home, I set a box for each part, and a couple of crates where in each row I put a set when reaching 3 pieces, to visually have and idea of the sets about to complete.
Of couse have a spreadsheet or you go crazy :D

Have fun !

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That is really an impressive display of your collection. I admire you for creating something that requires a lot of personal time and effort. Well done!

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Where do you get blue bone armor? I had not heard of this.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Always feels good to finish up a collection. It sounds like it took a significant amount of time and effort. Very good work! Congrats!

Corwyn

Lake Superior Tabloid Journalist
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
As someone that just started collecting various armor sets, let me just say... "Nooooo!!!! Why did I have to read about this?!?!"

In all seriousness... CONGRATS!!!

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I was doing the same thing a couple of years ago.
then I realized I was out of room in my 2nd castle and cuts had to be made.
unfortunately, the blue bone armour was on the list of cuts.
so I kept one full set of the same hue and sent all the others off to the void.
now seeing your full set I must admit my OCD is GRINDING me!!!!!
thank god I don't have room anywhere to put this up or id be doing it, hahaha!

it's also nice to see others with the same OCD fetish that I have, makes me feel not so strange.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Didn't you hear? They're adding 18 more hues with Publish 112 . . .

Whitewolf of *VK*

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
naw worst grind is trying to collect a set of barnacle bone armor, been working on this for a couple of years now

Cork

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
This wasn't as extensive a grind as that armor, but it was still grindy af....it's every Legendary Quality cargo type from every city.
I like that idea. I think I'll do this on Siege for my Zento Maritime house.