• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

My Mongbat Man, MY MONGBAT?!?!

Izzy MBC

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Oh god, I'm so frickin' peeved right now, SO GOD DAMN ANNOYED.

I just spent at least.... FOUR HOURS, AT LEAST, training a Mongbat. I had my Cow, I had my Mongbat, trying to GM it at Britain Bank, it doesn't die at all, NOPE, ITS FINE, everything is frickin' fine, I s**t you not.

But no, it's finally like, 3:30am, and I decide to pack up and continue this LONG, FOCUSED EFFORT, HARD WORK another night to get my GM Mongbat, and what happens!? After my THOUSANDS OF POISENS/CURES/HEALS TO TRAIN RESISTS, and maintaing the god damn Cow man.... I tell them to stop, I invis them and me so we're all happy and content, I'm just about to leave the bank to put them away in the Stables, BUT GOD DAMNIT< NO, NO NO, FRICKIN GUARD APPEARS, KILLS ME AND MY MONGBAT IN A SPLIT FRICKIN SECOND!

Hours of hard work, instantly down the frickin' drain because of some s**tty bug in a Rule about attacking your own Pets, while you're in a Guild, in a CITY, WHAT THE HELL, ITS SO SIMPLE, HOW CAN THYE DECIDE TO MURDER ME AND MAKE MY MONGBAT DISSAPEAR, MY HARD WORK MAN< GOD DAMNIT!

I won't even whine about my harmless banksitting in Moonglow when it's PERFECTLY safe like it should be, and while I'm afk, IN A CITY, WITH GUARDS, AND OFFICIAL PROTECTION, THE FRICKIN@ EVENT MONSTERS ROLE IN AND I@M DEAD FOR THREE HOURS.

F**k man, I'm done. I guess I won't be logging in for a few days, putting up with this sorta BS lately. You can flame me all you want about the CRUISE CONTROLLIN' and my spelling and lack of proper gammer from all the Shifting (YEAH I DONT CAPS, I SHIFT!), I couldn't care MUCH right now.

Vented.

Attachments

ZippyTwitch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mongbat disappeared after death? You were training a pet that wasn't bonded yet? Sounds like your partly to blame.

Izzy MBC

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Mongbat disappeared after death? You were training a pet that wasn't bonded yet? Sounds like your partly to blame.
Bah! He wasn't bonded, and because of that I had to be *super careful*, but I completely halted there battle, "All Stop", invised both of them and myself as well (Because I was blasting it With Poisen/Cures, thus an attackee, trust me, I learned THIS part the hard way when I killed my first Mongbat before this second Mongbat!).

But yeah, everything was fine, then the guards just appeared and struck me AND the mongbat down (there was no Mongbat Corpse, so it certainly wasn't a swing at it on my part). Earlier on that day they struck me down twice for attacking my own pet (Poisening it for Resist gains again), except never killed my pets.

Since it's now been several days, and it's not 3am or whatever insane time, this is all water under the bridge!

Time for another Mongbat, and Two ideas since then;

1) Obviously, train outside the town Guards as recommended.

2) Tame a Greater Mongbat, and hopefuly get Higher resists on it XD Mongbats only seem to brag 10% Physical resists at best, everything else is Zilch. Further more, hopefuly there base damage will be more then 1-2, hehe.

Try try again, I shall! ^^

ZippyTwitch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No you bond the pet first. Then train. If you don't know that then you shouldn't be a tamer.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah yes, the old "THERE IS ONLY ONE WAY TO DO THINGS IF YOU DO IT DIFFERENTLY YOU ARE WRONG AND GET OUT!" approach.

K

Kiminality

More like, "there is a safer way to do things"
Although this touches on the bonding timer, which is a little arbitrary in its function.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kimi, did you even read what was said? That was clearly an example of what I said.

Izzy MBC

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I have no idea what's being said right now XD

But I'm not a proper tamer (Although the "wait for Bonding" is great advice, I'm so impatient! Spelling my own demise huh?), in fact I'm a Mage/Provocateur trying to acquire 6 Legendary Skills, but since +15/20 PS Scrolls cost more then any amount of money I have ever had, I'm trapped on 110 Skill Caps.

Thus, 60% is free, and for my own amusement, I roll with 30 Lore and 30 Taming, so for the record: I'm not a true Tamer, and also I couldn't tame Greater Mongbats given they require at least 70% Skill XD

Don't worry, I'm working another normal Mongbat, away from the Town Guards in Moonglow Forest :p