• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

My idea for a DAR memorial Phase II

N

NewThunder

No reply to the many PMs sent in phase one, so phase II is an email campaign. here is the text of the email I sent, it is the same as the prior PM:

Dear Joanne,

It is with a very heavy heart that I write you this request. I have been playing Ultima Online for over 10 years and have come to realize what this game is truly about; it is about the people that play the game. Recently on Legends one of the most special people to play the game passed away. Her name was Darlene Archibald, the character that most remember her for was named Lady Phoenix.

Darlene made the game more enjoyable for all those that played with her. Her guilds held numerous shard-wide activities from net tosses to auctions. She truly loved this game and the social aspect it provides. I spent hours speaking with her while our IDOC guild waiting for houses to fall. She never had an ill word to speak about any other player, her only goal was to have fun in the game and help others also have fun.

I would encourage you to review the Legends forum on statics to see just how much Darlene meant to our shard. The Legends shard is a very tight knit shard, and Darlene was a key piece holding us together.

My request is a simple one that is based on precedent set when “Grog” of the Catskills shard passed away in 2007. The name “grog” was added to the list of NPC names. I would like as a memorial to Darlene that her character names of “Lady Phoenix” be added to the list of names for the wandering healers on Legends (I am not sure if this can be done on a shard basis). I think given all the help that Darlene gave to all of the members of the legends community having her name among the names of the wandering healer population would be a very fitting tribute.

Thank you,
I sent this to the following email address for joanne:

[email protected]

I also CC'd it to these other community folks at EA:

[email protected]
[email protected]

I would encourage everyone who thinks this is a worthy tribute to Dar to also Email. I am hoping that at least via email we can get a response.

S

snowolf1369

While I did not have the chance to meet/play with Lady Phoenix, I did add a staute to my West Brit Bank design that commerorates her... we should always honor those that have touched our lives .....

G

grandpa otis

In the 110 months playing UO have posted very ,very few times, but this is one post I felt compelled to write,,Thanks Thunder for the thought and effort,, I didn't realize she was nearly as old as me, I think it is a very, very nice thing that you are doing. I also sent email " Joanne,

I strongly concur with New Thunder that his request/suggestion, copied below, is a fitting and proper way for EA to repay Darlene for all that she gave to the game.

Grandpa Otis/Hagrid/Dumbledore

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Email sent. Went a bit overboard on mine though (go figure). I sent 3. Will send one each day until they add her name.

Philo