• Important Information About This Forum
    Questions posted in this forum are 'moderated' and only viewable by Stratics Admins and Mythic Developers. They will be be set public only when an answer to the question has been provided.
  • Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

My idea about the Smithing Press

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Hiya,

It was me that a couple weeks ago, On the State of Address of UO, was the one who sent the question on how to improve the BOD and smithing systems, By adding them all into a machine, but I forgot to explain the way it could of been done, seems you have taken the idea quite well and I am looking forward to checking it out, But you have missed out the reason we wanted something like that, we need a way to maybe join all the runic hammers charges together. The idea was to free up in space on the houses......and not to have 100s of runic hammers lying about taking space in the house storage but somehow put them into a machine that can hold the charges or like you have done to a max of 5000 charges, No one really uses basic hammers anymore, even the new ones get given Ancient hammers by the more vet players so that they dont fail at crafting, So I am struggling to think, why would we need 5000 charges on the press if most suits and weps are done with runic hammers. This new press dosnt seem to do the function that was supposed to or maybe you guys have taken a different direction to what I had in mind. I dont mind giving more feedback and checking out other possibilities or future upgrades to the press if you need any feed back. Hope this information is helpful to you.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The base parts are still crafted with normal tools and then runic tools are used after for reforging.

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Aye I agree, But how many more runics do you go through than normal hammers?
Most people have for example 10 runics to 1 normal hammer, problem is space if you are a crafter, as you end up very quick with like 30 or moe runics when you do a good BoD run