• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

My house

Alexei

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hail Everyone!

I've been trying to get it designed for a while and while its not completely done I think its done enough to post and maybe even get some input or suggestions!
Front

Meeting Hall

Personal Quarters?

Crafting Area:

I'm still working on completing the third floor...and the crafting area...trying to figure out what to do with all the clutter...when I clear it out it looks bland and too open... Also not sure what colors to dye the shields and banners heh....

Any input or ideas is greatly appreciated...The roof is empty...not sure what I want to do with it.

Painted Elves

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To combat the feeling of too much "openness" I like to divide areas into small rooms that have obvious specific purposes IE tailoring, smithing, cooking etc.
As for the roof, you can have it just be an open flat area, or maybe put up some statues and a canon (vet reward) for defense type look or use the roof tiles.
I think overall you did a Good job, and most importantly is what You think of it.

Alexei

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah I had two cannons pointing towards eachother and had a vendor named after one of my buddies in the middle of the cannons on my roof...that is a good idea..think I'm going to work with it.

Thanks for the compliment, I just like to mess around so I'm always doing something with it.

Bazer

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yer house looks pretty good, and very good decoded . :beer:

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like the very formal look of the entrance leading directly into the meeting area, which is nicely done. If this is for a guild, and you've not yet established guild colors, might be a good time to do it and dye the banners such. The open area in the personal quarters could be a less formal meeting type area, small tables and such, and a library.

A

-A-T-L-

I LOVE the entrance with the two statues :> Looks Very Awesome! Nice job and thankyou for posting pictures of it!

enigma eb2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Like someone else suggested, you could eliminate some of the "openness" of your craft floor by adding walls. I used bamboo screens in my previous house to separate my smithy, tailor, and carpentry areas. Here is a pic:

You could use tables to display some of the "clutter" and then it may not look like clutter anymore.

Please post pics when you finished. It's a great house!

*EDIT* BAH! This is Patty Pickaxe. I have a habit of not checking to see who is logged into stratics!! :wall:

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*EDIT* BAH! This is Patty Pickaxe. I have a habit of not checking to see who is logged into stratics!! :wall:
Hmmm...I am starting to think that Enigma simply has secret interests in both fashion and deco and is using this "edit: oh I forgot and logged in my husband's account yet again" thing as a cover. :D

You can also use tapestries, and item built "barriers" to make non-movement blocking partitions in large open areas.

-Skylark

Alexei

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks all! I'm still trying to decide how exactly I want to do the seperate rooms... My main debate are the bods, even after selling all the irons I still have a lot of colored bods heh. Storage is an issue...I need to just give in and sell them...

Oh and btw Nice place Patty *coughs* I mean enigma :D