• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Ninjitsu] My fun template, and a problem I've run into.

InfinitePudding

Adventurer
So I came up with this nifty Ninja template that I am really liking but I have run into some trouble. First off the template I plan to have is this, 120 Ninjitsu, 100 Hiding, 80 Stealth, 120 tactics, 120 anat, 100 magery, 80 meditation. I figured out I was able to squeeze a ninja with some magery onto the template and still have tactics and anatomy by not having a weapon skill and using mage weapons :) it's just for PVM and just for fun and so far it's working incredebly well.

The problem I have run into though is, I am trying to train my Ninjitsu and I am around 54 skill. I the guide I am using says to cast mirror image and attack your doubles and repeat to get gains. Well last night I could attack them just fine but now for some reason it won't let me attack them. I can cast on them but that is taking forever.

Am I glitched or am I doing somehting wrong? Please help.

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I use +skill jewelry to train with focus attack and death strike. It might not be the fastest way, but you can just set a macro and let it run.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
might be a setting you changed accidentally. you need to provide a bit more info like what client or possible third party program you're using. EC has an option to block war on friendly - if you're blue it might see your mirror images as friendly targets for example

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Just curious, can't you not use specials without a weap skill? There's no eval or weap skill, so I'm just confused on how you achieve most of your damage?

Not hating! I love hybrid Temps!

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Please help.
What I'd personally do is equip as much MR 4/6 as possible and take the character to Paroxysmus's lair, on the way through just before the first room with the Balrons is an area where gas explodes, get in Cat/Dog form for the HP regen and spam Mirror Images, find the right tile where you only get hit by 1 gas burst. It'll kill all your images in one hit.

InfinitePudding

Adventurer
Just curious, can't you not use specials without a weap skill? There's no eval or weap skill, so I'm just confused on how you achieve most of your damage?

Not hating! I love hybrid Temps!
I plan on using a summoned creature to do most of my damage and just backing them up with my mage weapon. Simple and fun :) I could use some opinons how to prioritize stats though. I was at first thinking 50 int and 90 str and dex but I think Int might be more important than dex? What do you guys think? More mana will let me summon and heal more of course. But more dex means a higher swing speed.

Also i have figured out that using shadow jump seems to work pretty good for gaining at 50.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I plan on using a summoned creature to do most of my damage and just backing them up with my mage weapon. Simple and fun :) I could use some opinons how to prioritize stats though. I was at first thinking 50 int and 90 str and dex but I think Int might be more important than dex? What do you guys think? More mana will let me summon and heal more of course. But more dex means a higher swing speed.

Also i have figured out that using shadow jump seems to work pretty good for gaining at 50.
Magery is serving as your hit and defend chance and you should 120 it.

There's little point deciding on stats without knowing what your suit will be. However I would prioritise Str above all and it should always result in an even number, as even numbers give an extra HP, I would then focus on Dex/Stam, though that depends on what Mage Weapon you use, which will make a big difference depending on the base damage of it. For example if you go with a Heavy Crossbow Mage Weapon you would do high damage but swing slower, if you went with a Kryss or Dagger you would easily reach the swing cap with little in Dex/Stam/SSI but the base damage is less than half that of the heavier weapons. It's useful to also think about the fact you will be able to use Hit Mana Leech and Focus Attack, Focus Attack will double any Hit properties on your weapons, so you could Imbue 50 HML and use Focus Attack to double it to 100, and gain 30 DI into the bargain as well. I would learn all the Animal Forms and Mirror Images as they will keep you alive and make the character fun and interesting to play. Using a Mage Weapon without the intent to use specials puts you in a nice position of not needing to worry about being a specific class and can use any/all depending on the situation.