• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

My first turtle spawns

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well, I finally did my first two turtle spawns, after a marked lack of interest in the new expansion. First time the spawn succumbed pretty fast to the Atlantic mob. But I was off to the side killing stuff and didn’t make it back to the altar before the turtle was dead and I couldn’t loot. Then everybody stood around doing nothing for 20 minutes waiting for the timer to reset to start the next spawn. I figured I’d check back at the altar more often this time, but once again wasn’t there when the turtle appeared, and I couldn’t loot again. I might try again, probably on another shard. But why this standing around for 20 minutes between spawns? Seems a waste.

ZippyTwitch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When the dinosaurs start appearing it is getting real close to the end. So head towards the altar area and keep around there. Nothing good drops on the corpse anyways. A mastery primer or a dragon turtle egg are the only rewards and they pop into your pack if you're lucky.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I guess I was overestimating the time it takes to kill the turtle. It must not be a very strong boss.
Also, does anybody know a good macro or shortcut or tip for picking up gold at a champ spawn before it all gets grabbed up?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I guess I was overestimating the time it takes to kill the turtle. It must not be a very strong boss.
Also, does anybody know a good macro or shortcut or tip for picking up gold at a champ spawn before it all gets grabbed up?
EC/Pinco's Scavenge all... Picks up everything around you like a vacuum one pile at a time. Course it also picks up deathrobes and crap dumped by other players.... but sometimes even that is handy.

Arroth Thaiel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From Agents Settings in EC

"Agent - Scavenger
The scavenger agent picks up items found on the ground. Most notably this would be used for reagents or for the gold drop at a champion spawn, some events may also call for items to be picked up, pumpkins at Halloween for example.
Add by type from your backpack, no quantity required this time. The agent is triggered by use of the 'ctrl + shift' object handles and will pick up any item in its list that is within range."

Actually, it's on Stratics as well ... Agent Settings - Old Stratics

EC/Pinco's Scavenge all... Picks up everything around you like a vacuum one pile at a time. Course it also picks up deathrobes and crap dumped by other players.... but sometimes even that is handy.
I set mine to pick up just gold, so I can skip all the extra stuff.

Last edited:

Val Van Wolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Aha, I've done quite a few Dragon turtle spawns, got about 3 mastery books and last night, an egg shaped thing I didn't even notice in my pack till much later! So that is the BIG THING for damaging the Dragon Turtle. I just kept casting hail storm on it! My char is a mystic mage spellweaver. Great template... Usually after the death of the big Turtle, there are still some phoenixes and such wandering around so I can get a few thousand golds off them... Time to try the "rooftop" whatever that is. I thank Lord God (the player) for all his advice on templates and such.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I mean....you are doing it in trammel on Atlantic. Not much will survive like that.
Yup. I've seen it go down quickly on LS too. Smallest group that I've seen kill it was 4. 3 tamers and I forget what the 4th person was. I think a mystic? Took us a little while to kill it, but there weren't any issues otherwise.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yup. I've seen it go down quickly on LS too. Smallest group that I've seen kill it was 4. 3 tamers and I forget what the 4th person was. I think a mystic? Took us a little while to kill it, but there weren't any issues otherwise.
Well, I can understand not making it as tough as a Scalis, or it wouldn't be doable at all on smaller shards

Gamer_Goblin

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Once anything hits 30% it's pretty much dead. On Atlantic it really doesn't last long at all. And once those dinos start to pop the skulls go quick too. So I usually go SE at the end of the fire ele/phoenix spawn then work my way to the alter as the dinos spawn. The dinos can overwhelm easy for a lot of templates. By the time I safely make it back to the altar the turtle usually is about to spawn.

Also helps to Valor the altar before it gets to the dino level so others don't at that point.

Ingstein

Journeyman
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What's the point with the altar? I usually don't do spawns/bosses but we killed the Dragon Turtle far off the altar and I always got loot, primers and eggs?

Allow me another question: what are those colored blobs, that the Turtle "throws"?