• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

My first experience(S) on siege.

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I promise it won't be easy.. But then I was never easy for any of us.

lol... correction... it was never easy for any of us..

--------------------------------

*cracks up laughing* good save ! hahaha

G

Or, you can buy an account with everything you need to deal out justice. CHECK THE STAR JAMISON SELLING THREAD!

B

BennosMorales

yep, you sure can.

If you ever wanted a real "Challenge" though you would want to build from scratch....taking on someone elses name and traits *shakes head* sure as hell isn't worth 50 bucks.

G

What's challenging about logging on every 15 minutes, 21 times a day, and clicking a button and then logging off? Boring is more like it.

G

Or you could get all skills to RoT and get gain in 6 skills each 15 min. To do that, you only need to play one hour or login 4 times to get your 2 points a day.

G

My 2gp before I head out into the day today.

I also died within about 5 minutes of arriving on Siege.
It was also to a vampire.

However, this was when the vampires actually bothered to roleplay.
While I WAS looted of everything but my boots, and was NOT offered a rez, the 'trash talk' I received consisted of something along the lines of
"Mortal fool! You dare to venture beyond the protection of Lord British's guards? I have feasted upon your soul, and drank your blood! Think on this, as you scurry away to a healer! NYA HA HA HA!!!".

I was hooked.

Nothing to wear but a death robe and boots.
Utter amazement at being killed in Malas. ("What??? This isn't Fel!")
Left to find my own way to a healer.
Called a "mortal fool", and killed with nothing but my starting clothes on.

But, I was hooked.
And far more careful about "venturing beyond the protection of Lord British's guards" until I'd gained a little hiding skill!

So, to the vampires who USED to know how to kill someone without being a reject from the cast of "Buffy", thank you. And I hope your successors will one day learn from your successes.

It is possible to be a murdering maniac without driving people off the shard.
I strongly suspect the 'speech' that I received was either a UOCurse recording, or macroed, or something like that, but it was effective. At least, for me it was.

Good luck, hijii, and as others have said, I do suggest you seek out NEW.
I'll be away for most of the day today, but if you have no luck finding them today, give me a shout.

I

imported_Magnolia

<blockquote><hr>

I promise it won't be easy.. But then I was never easy for any of us.

lol... correction... it was never easy for any of us..

--------------------------------

*cracks up laughing* good save ! hahaha

[/ QUOTE ]

rofl hahaha

I

imported_Traveller

I don't currently play on siege due to lag, the lack of storage and the fact that it is almost empty. (and the fact that I don't want to pay EA :) ) But I created a decent thief there, some time ago. When it was still very noob I was training magery and a red guy killed me and looted the wand I was using to train.

So, as a reprisal, when he had his guard down I stole his shield, which was much better than my wand. :)

G

Otto, I love your new Sig. How a blind man makes one is beyond me, but it's cool.

L

Lajila

<blockquote><hr>

I dont mind being killed and looted. Thats fine. But i would expect a certain level of decency in pvp - you know... you see a player with newb clothes on and have the need to kill him?

You darkness guys or whatever you want to pretend to be - if you had any spine you'd attack someone who could defend himself.

You remind me of miner pks on production shards... completely spineless.

[/ QUOTE ]

You ever known anyone who got incarcerated? Theyll tell you right away you gotta step up and be a bad ass or youll be someones boy toy by dinner. Same here, if u dont like the PvP death this isnt for you, save yourself the trouble of training a character. The trash talk you speak of is probably just the VMP attempting to roleplay. They did it to me my 3rd day here, then asked me to join their guild.
This shard has its share of asses, but felucca on catskills has had way more negative experiences for me than here. Give this shard a chance, if your not up for the challenge and the deaths, like i said , save yourself the trouble of training a character, if you do decide to stay here for more than a month though, I doubt youll go back to a Trammie shard

N

Nerf-Herder

RTLFC...

Hijii popped his cherry! Congrats!

You are not likely to forget your first time.

G

Gandor the Old

<blockquote><hr>

Well well, You guy sare pretty vocal here on the boards and you often try to get people to play on yoru shard... so I thought i'd share my experiences with siege on this board.

You see, about 2 years ago i tried playing siege. I set my space hiding macro and went out to learn musicianship. People seemed friendly, and someone eventually decided they would friend me to thier house. We walked for about 15 minutes and he took me into a nicely decorated 18x18. Once inside, he para'd me, killed me with one FS. Once dead, he started smash talking me (Go back to your trammy shard! *spits on corpse*, etc etc). I took 5 minutes of trash talk and was waiting for a res - nothing. No healers around. I quit siege and never went back.

LAst night, after years, i thought i'd give it a try again - siege, that is. I created a tamer and went out to tame horses. So here is this completely new char (create a new one), with a crook in his hand and newb clothes on, going around taming horses. Found one i liked so i went to moonglow gate so i could head for the stables.

as soon as i appeared, 2 lrc'd characters one-shot killed me with a FS and an arrow. Then they started smash-talking me to death. They then put my 2 pieces of clothing into my dead horse's corpse so it would decay.

There you go, siegers. You wonder why people dont play your shard. I dont mind pvp and the danger of a pk coming along - but both times my char was obviously new... No armor on and only 1k gold to its name. Do you guys have some kind of distorded superiority complex?

I'm still willing to give siege a try, however. I realize there must be some good people in the community.

If someone could help me out, i'd appreciate it. Not asking for a single coin of gold. I just need a bag of instruments (the guys who pk'd me last night took my only instrument) and a boat (need to get the jhelom pens for taming practice).

[/ QUOTE ]

*hands a tissue* There there its ok.

I renounced my young status and came to siege my first week of UO back in 99. I did this on the advice of my friends who played here. For the first oh i dont know... 6 mounths or so i got killed 2 or 3 times on the hour every hour i played.
The Orcs and UND slaughtered me before i could kill even a single brigand or litch. I never had the same Cloths or items for more then 15 minutes.
Looking back on it i never had more fun on UO in my life. I killed brigands at the fort above the Skara Xroads and hid the gold in the woods. After my pile i had hid was at my max caring amount i would pick it up and make a mad dash for brit bank. I was killed many times with my gold in hand.
Had i been able to simply kill brigands uncontested i would have gotten bored and stopped playing very quickly. The "evil" players making my life hard was what made the game interresting. No one helped me. No one took pitty on me. I had more fun because of it.
You dont need help friend. You dont need the "NEW" guild. You need to apply yourself come up with a plan and work your way threw it. Thats what makes the game good.
I hope you read this and understand i do want you to have a good time here but if all you want to do is farm in peace then siege isnt the place for you. Getting killed and loot is what makes the game challenging, "The uncontrolable human element".

G

<blockquote><hr>

RTLFC...
Hijii popped his cherry! Congrats!

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny, I only thought females had such fruit.

A

Alex the Gray

My son started siege not to long ago. He is a tamer. Never carryed anything he couldn't afford to lose, (always good advice). Now he is gm, and working toward legendary. He went out training with a deathrobe, horse, and whatever regs he picked up along the way; if killed, he never made it worth anyones while. Now he's got his runebeetle, nightmare, and lord knows what else, and is not such an easy target- if fact, I believe he is the one doing the hunting now.
You can talk all you want about items, blessed stuff, arties, whatever- if you dont have patience, you'll never make it on siege. You learn to fight by fighting- I think Bruce Lee said that. Expect a few black eyes along the way.
OR, like me, hide and stealth. Not foolproof, no guarantees- but it helps.

H

hijii

I joined NEW last night...

All i can say is WOW!

I was impressed... they have it down to a science. Thank you to this great guild, they really make getting into siege easier. Defenitely something that HAS to be done when playing on siege for the first time.

I have to say im hooked. Gm armor/weapons... no insurance... The only bad thing about siege are those little pests that stealth around in Kirin form and one-hit kill you. But i guess they should be treated like mosquitos. Annoying, but part of any good camping experience.

I

imported_Magnolia

<blockquote><hr>

if you dont have patience, you'll never make it on siege.

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally agree 100 percent. Sounds to me as if you are raising your son right to work for what you wants instead of asking for handouts.

I

imported_Castor

<blockquote><hr>

I was impressed... they have it down to a science. Thank you to this great guild, they really make getting into siege easier. Defenitely something that HAS to be done when playing on siege for the first time.

[/ QUOTE ]

and that is why that guild was established. I would say probably 70% of everybody who stayed and made it here was a NEW graduate, and it really is through the hard work of new leaders (first Freja &amp; now Shalimar) and the countless supporters behind the scenes, makes the transition 10x easier

C

Cleopatra

Hi again Hijii, the NEW house was all a go-go eh ?

I had 54632 different conversations going on and was still half asleep, so between myself yattering and all the new folks spam from skill gaining, I'm glad you followed what I was typing heh.

The best part of NEW is, as you will see, meeting others in the same position as yourself and exchanging things you learn with each other, as well as meeting and getting to know various guilds and players perhaps faster than you would if you were on your own.

You'll meet a lot of players who support NEW, some guilds will also take you out on hunts etc., and you will learn some members of certain guilds are our biggest benefactors (OTF donate the 115 scrolls I pass on as a gift at the end of your time with us, I hope they won't mind me flapping my trap) while their guildmates may kill you out and about hehe. Just take it all in your stride and have fun.

Always remember, everyone who plays on Siege has something positive to offer the shard, and a role to play whether it's good role or an evil one.

Welcome to Siege and NEW, I hope you stay and make it your pixel home.

M

Masumatek

"Defenitely something that HAS to be done when playing on siege for the first time."

Well...it helps. But joining NEW certainly doesn't "have" to be done! I usually suggest to noobs that they join it because I think it increases their chances of staying on Siege....but, it's always nice when someone says "nah, I'll make it on my own."

G

Gandor the Old

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

and that is why that guild was established. I would say probably 70% of everybody who stayed and made it here was a NEW graduate, and it really is through the hard work of new leaders (first Freja &amp; now Shalimar) and the countless supporters behind the scenes, makes the transition 10x easier

[/ QUOTE ]

Personaly i think "NEW" is bad for the shard. Though i commend anyone for trying to get people to come to the shard i dont think babying people and giving them a easier start is a good thing. In my post earlier on this thread i wrote how hard it was for me start here and how much fun it was. Robbing someone of that experience or in anyway dumbing it down is only cheating the person. You dont get stronger by only doing half your push ups!

As to why people dont play here is really more about human nature and the society we live in. People dont want to work. People want rewards now and they want it on their terms. I'm sure you have noticed how popular WoW is. Reason being WoW is very easy.

People choose to play Siege becouse they want a challenge. Lessing my challenge when i started would have made me not want to play.

G

Glad you at last found NEW. You will still die sometimes, some reds do still feel they need to test our new citizens.

An advice from me:

The NEW tag will protect you against PK's, but you will die sometimes, some reds will still want to test you or they like the taste of young blood. *Evil Grin*
When it happen, show your ghost. Don't fear accepting a res, but don't go near your body, before the killer allow you. An angry red is no fun.
Stay polite, a smile may save most of your items, bad talk may make you lose all.

Try to have a bag with a new suit and some spare gold in the bank. If looted, you will feel much better as soon you are dressed again.

Good luck and don't give up.

S

Shadow Tamer-SP

and thats why I did it alone, mining for months in delucia all alone
. Now I'm so crazy I kill my guild mates and kill blue newbies who walk past me

G

Ginsu-SP

I disagree that NEW is bad for the shard.

I agree with you about this though...
"As to why people dont play here is really more about human nature and the society we live in. People dont want to work."

And that is exactly why I think NEW is great for a lot of people... it helps transition
from that "easy life" kind of thinking to the harsher, more exciting style of Siege.
Playing games where there is no danger can get you in a mindset that it should
be that way. It can be a bit of a shock to be slapped in the face with it all at
once.

I started on Siege when it was born. We had all been playing in Fel then, and
were used to it. IMO the farther we get from that point in time... the more
transitioning type services like NEW are needed.

There are people who do well on their own like you Gandor... but I tend to agree
with Castor... the majority of people who have stuck it out came through NEW.
And it wasn't just because NEW made it easy on them... NEW helped them find
friends and get into activities rather than wandering around wondering where
everyone is.

my 2gp

Cheers!

Revvo

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Darth used to dislike NEW also, you two have alot in common you would have been good friends i'm sure.

G

Gandor the Old

I see your point in that. It wouldnt have worked for me. Thats why i said "personaly" and as i said i commend anyone that brings people to Siege. So i dont want you to think this is me trying to bash NEW. I think the name NEW is a little demeaing though.

G

Gandor the Old

<blockquote><hr>

Darth used to dislike NEW also, you two have alot in common you would have been good friends i'm sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its the idea of making siege easier i dont like. It has nothing to do with not liking NEW.

Revvo

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So how do you feel about people getting unbalancing items that were unblessed reblessed? Isn't that making siege easier for some people?

G

Gandor the Old

<blockquote><hr>

So how do you feel about people getting unbalancing items that were unblessed reblessed? Isn't that making siege easier for some people?

[/ QUOTE ]

Again Revvo i am not Darth. I have my own private vent if you ever want to talk to me so you can be sure.

Secoundly i am "TOTALY" against blessed anything other then your one Siege item.

You know just as well as i do if you had such an item you would use it.

M

Mandolin

I think somebody already suggested it.. but definitely read the FAQ and Mythbusting stickies at the top of the forum. There are some great suggestions for how to deal with and what to expect from PK's on Siege.

As for your misfortune the other night.. since it was VmP you ran in to.. would have been an encounter you could have handled better. I'm assuming you didn't handle it well only because of the anger in your post.

If you stick around, and wait for a rez.. Most VmP will offer you one. If they have the magery to do so.

My first PK experiences were with Bodi in Umbra.. and later that night, WyRm. Both were good lessons to me as a "victim" and productive because I came out of both experiences with new friends. Patty Pickaxe for coming to my aid while Bodi taunted me, and WyRm who took much time out of his evening to sit and chat with me.

Not every PK experience is a bad one.. and on those occasions when it is.. don't show.. walk away and find a rez and make a note of the person(s) so that you can avoid them in the future.

Hope you'll stick around now that you have one notch on your death robe.

A

Alex the Gray

Very true. This game, like any other, is one you'll get better at the longer you play. Nobody picks up a bat and starts hitting homeruns the first time at the plate- dont expect to be slaying everyone you meet the first time either. Every interaction you have, without regards as to its context, LEARN from it. You'll have a better chance in the future to avoid, to assess the situation, to win, to avoid being scammed, or to help someone truly in need.

I

imported_Magnolia

Spyderbyte, this is off the subject but that other posting was locked before I could respond to someone saying no one would speak up for you besides Kat.

I will. Don't know if you all have come to the conclusion about me that I don't like personal name calling or insults. To argue a difference in opinion is one thing but to use childish, vulgar name calling is my cut off standard of acceptance of a person.

We are all guilty of it at times to a degree, but for the most part everyone knows who makes habits of it and who doesn't.

You don't Sypderbyte, even when provoked by those that do.

Maybe you don't want me speaking up for you but I couldn't let that comment slide without saying something nice about you.

G

Ginsu-SP

He may not use "name-calling" or "vulgar language" but he certainly likes to
stir up trouble. This makes some of us very angry... especially when some of
us have gone out of our way to try to be his friend... despite warnings from
actual friends.... and at the risk of their friendships.

Cheers!

P.S. Now that the changes to the White Council have been formally announced.
Anyone is welcome to check here http://www.wispwood.com/WhiteCouncil/WhiteCouncil.html
to contrast and compare our current plans to any memories or impressions they
have of The White Council. It was not my place to discuss it before the
announcement was made... and certainly not at the demand of someone who
is looking to cast shadows on something that a large group of great people
are having way too much fun with.

I

imported_Castor

<blockquote><hr>

*CLAPS* Well spoken! I have 1/8 Blackfoot and 1/8 Shawnee in my veins.

[/ QUOTE ]

i myself have 1/8 cleveland indians in my veins..

G

Gandor the Old

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Even funnier then that statement is the fact the Blackfeet did inhabit parts of Ohio. Perhaps we are kinsmen? Maybe at least we traded with these Cleveland Indians you speak of.

I

imported_Magnolia

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Even funnier then that statement is the fact the Blackfeet did inhabit parts of Ohio. Perhaps we are kinsmen? Maybe at least we traded with these Cleveland Indians you speak of.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol I'm 3/4 Atlanta Brave.

M

Mandolin

<blockquote><hr>

He may not use "name-calling" or "vulgar language" but he certainly likes to stir up trouble.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dropped it.. and chose to keep it in private chat.. you decided to drag back here. *shrugs*

<blockquote><hr>

This makes some of us very angry... especially when some of

[/ QUOTE ]

Why does it make you angry. Didn't you state before it was silly to get upset over a video game?

<blockquote><hr>

It was not my place to discuss it before the announcement was made... and certainly not at the demand of someone who is looking to cast shadows on something that a large group of great people are having way too much fun with.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't casting any "shadows". All I read is that Myth was now White Councel. Period. Came as a shock to me after listening to you cry and complain about them for so long. Had I known it was being re-birthed in to a whole new council I'd have been "Bravo!!". As it was stated in your post.. the only thing I could imagine more unbelievable would be Me, Ru and Delly forming a new alliance on Siege cause of all the "fun" we were having.

Now that its all out there.. the council has been reformed.. new leadership.. old ways and attitudes thrown out.. etc. Good for you guys. I hope it works out and you're able to do great things. Like I said in the previous thread.. I think Myth is great. *shrugs again* You're the one who got irate because somebody questioned your lack of forthcoming information.

@Magnolia.. thanks for the kind words hon. But, I really am an a$$hole.. *grins*

I

imported_Magnolia

<blockquote><hr>

@Magnolia.. thanks for the kind words hon. But, I really am an a$$hole.. *grins*

[/ QUOTE ]

lol.. I know but I forgive you. hahaha

I remember some nice things about you. Like the time your returned, without charge, my VmP house across from the Nest that I loved and raised a family of little vamp in. You didn't have to and most would not have.

M

Mandolin

<blockquote><hr>

I remember some nice things about you. Like the time your returned, without charge, my VmP house across from the Nest that I loved and raised a family of little vamp in. You didn't have to and most would not have.

[/ QUOTE ]

*points up to what Mag said to the OP*

See.. not all PK's are mean.. at least they're nice and/or civil to one another! XD

G

Ginsu-SP

<blockquote><hr>

This makes some of us very angry... especially when some of

[/ QUOTE ]
<blockquote><hr>

Why does it make you angry. Didn't you state before it was silly to get upset over a video game?

[/ QUOTE ]
I said that it's silly to hold grudges over a game. I answered that question already
Captain Redundant.
<blockquote><hr>

I wasn't casting any "shadows". All I read is that Myth was now White Councel. Period. Came as a shock to me after listening to you cry and complain about them for so long.

[/ QUOTE ]
There you go... acting like we talk all the time. Everyone involved has known
how I feel... I am not a shy person. You want to act like we have spent time
together, and you have "supported" MYTH. We were allied for a few weeks
against WAKA... in which you got zero kills... and just got me killed more.
And if you'll recall... or go back and read the story... I was supporting the WC
in that war. I believe my RP stance was that I was supporting them whether
they wanted me to or not... and was not happy that the only help I could
find at the time were vampires.
<blockquote><hr>

Had I known it was being re-birthed in to a whole new council I'd have been "Bravo!!".

[/ QUOTE ]
Your knowing, and reaction was not required... or wanted. None of it is any of
your business.
<blockquote><hr>

As it was stated in your post.. the only thing I could imagine more unbelievable would be Me, Ru and Delly forming a new alliance on Siege cause of all the "fun" we were having.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wrong... my unhappiness was over game events... not real life harrassment.
So, the two situations are not similar in the least.
<blockquote><hr>

You're the one who got irate because somebody questioned your lack of forthcoming information.

[/ QUOTE ]
You stood up at our anniversary event and ran your mouth. You crap on
everything you get close to. I have no need or desire to be "forthcoming" with
you. None of it is of any concern to you. You are simply a target now... nothing else.
<blockquote><hr>

I really am an a$$hole...

[/ QUOTE ]
You proved that Tuesday night.

Cheers!

G

<blockquote><hr>

without the outlaws, gunfighters, conmen, crooked gamblers, and wild Indians?

[/ QUOTE ]
Did you just say what I think you said?
Good job (sarcasim) and right before Thanksgiving too.
"wild Indians"
In your next post will you refer to people of color by the "N" word?

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Actually, as far as that is concerned, I have relative that would be annoyed at the "native american" designation.
Do you lump everyone from Wales to Russia together as "native europeans", or do you refer to the name of their nation?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh no who invited the drunk indian into this conversation........

[/ QUOTE ]

No offense... but I'm a little confused...

Does the nation have to still exist and be recognized by the world?

They are Native (Here first) Americans... because they live in America.

I refer to Germans as Germans, British as British, Canadians as Canadians...

Call a spade a spade. We label by nationality not by tribal names, or by ancestrial names or by names that come to you in dreams. Your either an American... or an immigrant if you reside in America.

Now what type of American? Who the flippin [censored] cares?

Personally... If I know you, then I call you by your first name. If I don't know you or your brothers and sisters... then I label you according the flag you fly under...

This isn't a racial issue... its an issue of Nationality. Your all Americans damnit.

G

This thread needs to be locked and people need to be diciplined for the racial slurs.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Siege is UO. The rest of the shards are Siege in deeply screwed up alternate universes.

[/ QUOTE ]

and thanks to Mats I think I just found something worthy to add to my awesome text only sig.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice snag Dola!!

P

phreephisher

I think we got a lil off track with this thread......................

N

Nerf-Herder

<blockquote><hr>

I think we got a lil off track with this thread......................

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing says, "Welcome to Siege" like a good ole thread hijack!

A

Alex the Gray

I am part "natine american", in case you missed it. If I dont take offense- neither should you. Get a life

A

Alex the Gray

There are tribes that still prefer and use their designation of nation. Whether you like it or not lol. I don't really think they include your opinion in their debates.

Status
Not open for further replies.