• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

my first bard of 2008 (Updated to 120.0)

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
as many of you know, or dont know, i like barding skills.
and i also like to wonder about from shard to shard.

so it shouldnt come as much of a suprise to know that i make bards on most all the shards when i get bored.

such was true here a couple weeks ago when i started to make a new bard on Pac.

thought id pop in and share my gains for discord with you all.

Day 1
Took my 115 peace off my tamer as he has all the pets he needs now and is ready to go hunt.
SKILL 0-29.2 Purchased from NPC GUILDMASTER Bard.
SKILL 29.2-59.4 10 polar bears for 5 hours

Day 2
59.4-65.5 10 polar bears for 4 hours
65.5-82.6 10 Gaman for 8 hours

Day 3
82.6-93.0 10 cu sidhe for 8 hours

Day 4
93.0-100.0 10 cu sidhe for 9 hours

<font color="blue"> Day 4 (con't) 100.0 - 104.6 13 hours

Day 5
104.6 - 111.3 21 Hours

Day 6
111.3 - 117.8 21 Hours

Day 7
117.8 - 120.0 7 Hours</font>

Some Notes.
i did Gamans for a long time cause i wanted to see what the top out for them was. so a normal person could probablly stop a lot sooner then i did cause i was experimenting.
averaged 300 disco attempts per hour.
so 34 hours x 300 = 10,200 discord attempts.
all NPC instraments
GM music and locked.

<font color="blue"> End Totals
Total Time to 120 Discord was 96 Hours
96 hours x 300 (disco's per hour) = 28,800 discord attempts
all NPC instraments
GM music and locked.
</font>

so a few interesting thing about training.
34 hours isnt too bad to GM a skill, specially a bardic skill.
and really, a person coule easilly shave off at least 4-5 hours by switching up a bit more, like say adding beetle (pack beetles) or F.Ozzies in there.
so lets say 30 hours to GM disco.
for a power gamer that is 2 days work.
music to GM, couple hours.
i find that provo and disco usually gain the same.
so if a bard had a week to kill and nothing else to do you can essentially hit GM music, work disco and provo up in tandom and be done all 3 in 5 days.
then at the end of that you crank up you music and ring up and your disco and provo.
boom, operational.

but im a sucker for training.
so ill be going all the way to 120 disco.
dont know if ill track the gains for that cause im sure it will be about a week of solid training (just for 100-120)

just thought id share.

Poo

T

Tulianya

Oooo, freak. Nothing personal, but wow. I will be raising provocation/discordance without the assistance of a tamer so I have a bit more travel to do, but that is okay, as long as I can raise it while I hunt with my friend.

Tulianya

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
10 of each thing i do.

disco
disco
disco
(all the way till all ten are done)
then invis for 14 seconds.

S

Seismic

did you tame and release the animals in your house with a tamer on the SAME account as this new bard that you created &amp; trained?

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
tamed and realeased

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
this has been updated to show the end totals from 0-120

hope this helps you guys.

I

imported_Sarphus

I've recently been doing discord as well. the only key difference between how I'm doing it and how you're doing it is that I'm using the skill trainer statuette to determine when my gains aren't optimal anymore.

The skill trainer statuette really helps you figure out what to be discording. In some situations it helps to toss on jewlery to discord a harder critter.

I started out with 50 discord and high 80's music. I didn't track how many hours, but it was a lot of hours. I started out on gamans and did them till they showed as "easy" on the skill trianer statuette. At that point I did tame/released ki-rins and tossed on a +discord bracelet. So far that took me to just below 89.7 and ki-rins are showing as easy. At this point I'm going to test some things out. My tamer isn't an elf, so I'm thinking about taming some hiryu. I think hiryu actually have a higher bard difficulty post-tame than cu's, but I'm not sure of that... will test that tonight.

Ki-rins might actually have higher bard difficulty than cu's because ki-rin are casters, but I haven't tested that either. I just tame-released a bunch of them to train on. They were working well for gains, so I didn't care if there was something else out there I could use.

S

Seismic

<blockquote><hr>

I've recently been doing discord as well. the only key difference between how I'm doing it and how you're doing it is that I'm using the skill trainer statuette to determine when my gains aren't optimal anymore.

The skill trainer statuette really helps you figure out what to be discording. In some situations it helps to toss on jewlery to discord a harder critter.

I started out with 50 discord and high 80's music. I didn't track how many hours, but it was a lot of hours. I started out on gamans and did them till they showed as "easy" on the skill trianer statuette. At that point I did tame/released ki-rins and tossed on a +discord bracelet. So far that took me to just below 89.7 and ki-rins are showing as easy. At this point I'm going to test some things out. My tamer isn't an elf, so I'm thinking about taming some hiryu. I think hiryu actually have a higher bard difficulty post-tame than cu's, but I'm not sure of that... will test that tonight.

Ki-rins might actually have higher bard difficulty than cu's because ki-rin are casters, but I haven't tested that either. I just tame-released a bunch of them to train on. They were working well for gains, so I didn't care if there was something else out there I could use.

[/ QUOTE ]

Forgive my ignorance but where did you get that statuette? Sounds useful...!

S

Seismic

<blockquote><hr>

tamed and realeased

[/ QUOTE ]

Wonderful! Then I can use my advanced character token to start a tamer, throw some jewels on him/her, and do this myself when I have time.

I

imported_Sarphus

it's one of the quest rewards for going through the KR tutorial in haven. You have to make a new char using the KR client, do the tutorial and eventually defeat the champion (also using the KR client)

You get 1 of 3 rewards. The skill trainer statuette is the only reward I have found useful.