• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] My FINAL night doing the Monger Quests.

G

Gunga_Din

Well, i'm at about 60 quests now. Just turned in a 65 order and got one of the dragonfish books which ihave 3 of already. No powerscroll yet and i'm just getting a bit burned out.

I finish a quest and get a new one that asks for the same damn 20 fish i just turned in and another for the crabs I just used. So thats like a day of work to do again.

The grind is unbearable for me anymore.

Fishing was my 2nd love since I started playing UO 11 yrs ago and was really looking forward to this booster. But not having any idea of my progress in the quests , the randomness of the rewards, quests etc, is starting to really make this game feel like a job.

Therefore, after tonight, if i don't get a PS to keep me going or some new type of reward, I shall be retiring from fishing and closing extra accts i've been using for various things. The content of the game matters to me a lot. I've been bored that past 6 months (rebuild Magincia anyone?) and only stuck around for this booster, but this fishing thing has really ticked me off. The whole booster was planned poorly and i'm just mentioning the Fishmonger stuff lol.

I'm done with mindless grinds, I need to see the light at the end of the tunnel ever so often anymore. 60+ quests shows you that i'm committed, but I have a breaking point lol.

Maybe I'll sleep on it, but i had a lot planned for this booster.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ahh don't quit for this. Fishing is always about relaxing and patience. Don't fish like crazy to get the right type of fish. Just fish for fun. :)

I don't fish hours in a row. Just a hour now and then. I'm happy with al lthe pearls nets,scales and nets i'm getting. Just load up your ship with the fish you get.

When i fish i try to make jokes and sing in global chat and alliance chat. Don't see fishing as a work but as a hobby. :)

G

Gunga_Din

we shall see....i'm just cleaning out my stock now and canceling any quest i dont have fish for. At least i'll test that for ya :)

G

Gunga_Din

Aye, well i got all this before I decided to give up. I know its sad, but I don't have the time this requires. Work, family...just can't keep trying like this. Good luck to the rest of you. The bait numbers I combined. Roughly 70 quests.

Yellow Tail Barracuda Bait: 106 Uses
Order of Dragonfish Handbook Part 1: x3
Order of Dragonfish Handbook Part 2: x4
Order of Dragonfish Handbook Part 4: x3
2 Lava Lobster Traps
3 Lava Fishing Poles
Fairy Salmon Bait: 102 Uses
Stone Crab Bait: 182 Uses
Great Barracuda Bait: 121
Holy Mackerel Bait: 74 Uses
Autumn Dragonfish Bait: 42 Uses
Giant Koi Bait: 124 Uses

Maybe i'll try some EM run fishing contests, but if they require higher than 100 skill i'm screwed.

Hopefully I can just buy the Powerscrolls off people if I want to continue, but I won't be doing the Fishmonger quests anymore.

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you want to do it in a more efficient way ...
With two or more accounts, you can ...
Fish with your fisher and sail with another char the fishers boat around with the help of world maps. Doing it that way, the quests would only be an addition to the normal fishing.
Personally I am fishing when i sail my ship to the next city destination. But I had luck to jump into a fishing co-op. When I have a request for crabs or lobsters now, I simply fish up little more (in numbers) of uncommon crabs/lobsters and then swap them in the co-op for the ones that I need. This works very fine unless the rng hits us and all need the same uncommon custodean.

A

anna anomalous

i might suggest that only reason you are not getting a powerscroll by now is the fact that you claim to keep 'abandoning' your quests. it says right in the quest description that abandoning quests will result in a lowering of your reputation with the fish mongers. it is my belief, in order to get a powerscroll, you must have a high reputation with these people. being that you cannot view your reputation, the only way to ensure that you do have a good reputation is to not abandon your quests and rather, complete them all. if you are having problems completing a certain one, then sail around to another harbor until you find one worth doing.

just my two cents.

G

Gunga_Din

i might suggest that only reason you are not getting a powerscroll by now is the fact that you claim to keep 'abandoning' your quests. it says right in the quest description that abandoning quests will result in a lowering of your reputation with the fish mongers. it is my belief, in order to get a powerscroll, you must have a high reputation with these people. being that you cannot view your reputation, the only way to ensure that you do have a good reputation is to not abandon your quests and rather, complete them all. if you are having problems completing a certain one, then sail around to another harbor until you find one worth doing.

just my two cents.
No, i did up to 65 straight ! Then did 5 more quests of my choosing.