• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

My Favorite Pass Time - Torturing Wildstar

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Could you just imagine one of the crazier color thrones popping up on the Dawn banner and the look on Wildstars face? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry I just love to torture Wildstar, *Thinks* I wonder how many pieces she would chop me into. :stretcher:

Brytt

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh. Column Two, Row Two is totally the Grand Duchess. For sure.

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I picture the banner as being much more Medieval. Dark. Crumbling. Gothic.

The Kingdom is the last bastion of Order and Civilization in a land long since abandoned by Britannia and its King. It is a land choked with the blood of the fallen; whose restless souls cry out for vengeance. It is a land torn asunder by violence and a war that will never end.

Dawn occupies the harsh and wind-swept region at the Crown of the Old World; known to some as the Hyperborean North. It could be compared to a Village in the Scottish Highlands or Scandinavia. Something one could picture being in the Braveheart or the Mists of Avalon. To the South is the Borderlands and the Nordmark; where bleach white bones and the burnt husks of war machines (I wish) mark the site of battles between Dawn and the Vanguard of Na'Krul. To the North is the Black Coast; where the Gulgeth and the Savage Tribes battle for dominance in a genocidal campaign of racial enemity. And to the West juts the snow-capped peaks of the Mountain of Steel; where the Stygian crypts of an ancient line of kings has become the hideout of Highwaymen and Murderers. The inhospitable terrain is often softened with the blood-churned mud of Barbarian invaders, Pirates, and foolish would-be conquerors from the Britannian Kingdom. It is a harsh place of war and tightly-knit bonds where strength and cunning are key to survival. It is a land of savage gloom that offers no comfort to its hardened citizens.

The region was once home to the Varangians and the Amazoni before Lord Cross arrived to carve out a Kingdom of Order; one not beholden to the corrupt and scheming Britannic Council. While Dawn was once a City of Sorcerers and Thamaturgists, trapped in the Ethereal Void; the majicks of the elders are no longer favored amongst the common folk who have watched their most talented wizards fall under the spell of Na'Krul and Ivy Shadowfare.

What would I suggest? Something that reflects this tale. Not something cheery and devoid of context; but something that reflects its history and lore. The Mausoleum of the Thamaturgist.

I would recommend something very similar to the crumbling ruins designed for Aryslan on Chesapeake. The crumbling remnants of a tomb built during a previous epoch. The walls would be decorated with vines and creepers. The outside would possess two of the Veteran Reward Portal Orbs atop a dais and flanking the doors; but these would be darkened to reflect the Moonstone that was broken and later recovered by Desmond Cross. And in the center would be a Sarcophagus.

The sarcophagus would be watched over by three (warrior) statues carved from a dark bluish stone; immortalizing the Three Elder Hierophants that once led Dawn and who later passed the mantle onto Desmond Cross. And nearby would be the Banner of House Cross; blue and black with a golden harp in the center.

I don't see much need for thrones. The King and Queen hold court in the Dawn Palace; so I don't see the need for another set.

But that is just my thought.

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Having Designers Block....and this is the first time I've had it for longer then 24hours.

I am about half way done with the Kingdom of Dawn banner. I keep trying to come up with ideas but then my head starts to thinking about

-What if Wildstar and Dawn members are disappointed with it because it looks horrible and let my best friend down? What if my design complicates the banner proccess on Baja? What if Seppo is disappointed because the banner doesn't fit the baja community? What if it looks to much fantasy? What if I horribly misrepresent years and years of Dawn history? What if life long members of The Kingdom of Dawn hate me for ruining their RP and township?

So I am at a stump....

Brytt

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What if life long members of The Kingdom of Dawn hate me for ruining their RP and township?

So I am at a stump....
First of all, I don't think that's possible.

Secondly, you've got a track record. You'll do great.

Thirdly, would you like me to give Dawn a swing and you can try Golden? I think I'm pretty close to a finished draft but the polls are still open and I'd hate to have gone so far down one specific path that I overlook a really great idea.

If you're interested, PM me any notes you have on things it *has* to include and I'll give it a go tonight. Might give you a new infusion of ideas to work with!

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The banners you've designed are the envy of other shards. So long as the Duchess is pleased with it that is what matters.

Don't worry. You will do fine.