• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

My Endless Decanters of Water...

G

gramarye

although linked, just run out and become empty. Any ideas why this should be? Thanks for any response.

J

Just Emma

Were you cooking or tending plants? I discovered early on that when I used the decanter for making dough, it ran empty after 80 uses and had to be manually refilled. When watering plants, however, it automatically refills.

G

gramarye

Thanks for the reply, Emma. I was moistening chicken lizard eggs. Does it matter where the water trough is located to which the decanter is linked?

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When my decanter refilled today i was on the same floor as the trough. It was in a different room tho. (old style tower, third floor, plants inside the room, trough outside) I'am not sure if the floor matters, yet...

G

gramarye

Thank you, Kas, Now, how do I place a water trough if I don't have one?

J

Just Emma

gramarye, if you are on Catskills, my crafter would be more than happy to provide you with a water trough.

G

gramarye

Emma, thank you, unfortunately (in this instance) I'm in the UK and on Europa so I'll have to find a carpenter for myself :) Thanks also, Kas, for the info. It seems amazing to me that, in all the years I've been playing this game, I have never had the need for a water trough! So, when I got some decanters and had to link them, I just ran around until I found a trough and linked them to it, lol, never mind that they were in brit or wherever. No wonder they didn't auto refill. Anyway, thanks again to you both, I'm off now to find a carpenter.

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just adding, I can make one now if you are online, or else this evening if you prefer.

G

gramarye

Saunders, thank you for your generosity, very much appreciated. I have though found a carpenter at Luna bank and now have the trough. Thank you again all.

G

gramarye

Ok, a new day and although my water trough is right next to my incubators where the eggs are together with the endless decanters, the decanters are still running out when used to moisten the eggs. What am I not doing correctly? I have unlinked the decanters and relinked them to my water trough and I have gone out and got some new decanters but they still refuse to auto refill.

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It seems that although the endless decanters work as planned with plants, they don't work properly for cooking and eggs.
Let's hope that there is time for this game breaking error to be fixed.

G

gramarye

Endless Decanter now working! Lol. So I'll shut up about it now :)

B

BellaofCats

It seems that although the endless decanters work as planned with plants, they don't work properly for cooking and eggs.
Let's hope that there is time for this game breaking error to be fixed.
Hmmm... not in my case. My endless decanter worked perfectly until I moved my plants into another house - then it ran out. So, I unlinked/linked it back and still had the same problem. Since then, I've used a new, totally different decanter and am having the same problem again without a move involved. My water trough has never been far away - no more than 10 tiles on the same floor - so I'm very puzzled on what is going on.

Bella