• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

My current rare fish/crustacean collection.

Mr Bug

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dread lobster and Blood lobster on wall flanking spring dragon fish, and above dungeon pike. Tunnel crab and void crab on north wall. Lantern and Seeker fish on display cases bottom middle row. Abyssal dragonfish on outside wall. Now to find the elusive void lobster. Possibly it is from the lava?? *mumbles something about busted A$$ traps*

Lord Aphid/ The Albatross LS

AlmostFinishedRareFishCollection.png picture by mrbug1 - Photobucket

Bman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Place Looks Great Aphid!

Thanks for the tips on the trapping the other night.. finally got some stone crabs and even got a void crab..did you get the Void Lobster the same place you got the crab?

Still working on some of the other rares I dont have yet!

Would like to come by and see your place sometime..

Mr Bug

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Still havent found the void lobster the dread lobster is from doom.

Bman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought I had it down somewhere that the Void Lobster was coming from Ter Mur.. Probably a miss report by someone..

I did crabbin in Doom the other night, didnt have much luck with the exception of a packy full of reaper fish. (fishing while I crab).

V

vvvaaannn

Would you care to give some suggestions for fishing labyrenth? awful lot of spawn on the beach and no where particularly good to lure them to :(

B

Beastmaster

Mr. Bug, I've updated the Big Fish spreadsheet to include those catches of yours which I can see the weights for. I can't see the rare lobster weights and no one else has reported catching any of those. Checkout the Big Fish thread stickied above and you can go and add them or post the details here and I'd be glad to. Also, no one has reported a dungeon pike other than on TC1, so get credit for that one too.

Speaking of dungeon pike, can you share where and how you caught yours? I've spent a lot of time trying from the terathan bridge and recently moved over to the ophidian area of the river, with no luck at either place.

Was your void crab from above ground Ter Mur or the Underworld?

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your fish house is incredible!! Great deco job. As for catching all the rare fish.......that's just unbelievable.

Shadow Walker, Legendary Fisherman, Sonoma

Mr Bug

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Below are some pics of the lobsters etc with weights. The dungeon pike I caught on the Ophidian side off of the little island in between the 2 bridges. Took about 10-12 total hours of fishing over several days. The void crab I caught in Ter overland off of fishermans pier or whatever it's called. Hope that helps. Good Luck!

tunnelcrab.png picture by mrbug1 - Photobucket

dungeonpike.png picture by mrbug1 - Photobucket

dreadlobster2.png picture by mrbug1 - Photobucket

dreadlobster.png picture by mrbug1 - Photobucket

dreadlobster.png picture by mrbug1 - Photobucket

bloodlobster.png picture by mrbug1 - Photobucket

Mr Bug

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As far as fishing in the Labrynth goes there is no really easy way, that is just a terrible spot to fish. Best thing you can do is lure Rend and the other reptalons down toward Pyre or as far that direction as you can. Using honor helps somewhat with keeping the spawn ahead of you off of you while you drag the reptalons and Rend down. Death is highly possible none the less. Hopefully by the time you get a res outside and make it back in the nasty things are still down by Pyre and you can begin fishing. Lure the lower stuff, minotaurs etc down into the bottom se area corner away from Miasma. Another way this can be done fairly painlessly is to bring a bard along who can area peace while you fish. Bards are your best friend. Hope that helps and good luck in there.

Bman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just wanted to say thanks for sharing your place with me last night... for the true fishermen out there that want to see one hall of a layout, stop by LS when you get time and look up Albatross so he can take you and show the house with the fish. Its really a sight to see...

Hes been very helpful in giving fishing locations and he has spent quite a bit of time trying to catch and locate all the rarest of fish... very much appreciated!!

Now I just have to work on catching those rare fish as well for my collection, and hopefully top some of your weights :)

Mr Bug

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I hope you snag some and beat some records, but I haven't given up yet on beating my own. I'm definately going back for Momma and Papa!!!! My poor dungeon pike is a minnow. I've had a lot of fun searching all of these out and actually getting them, pretty cool feeling when one jumps into your net!!! Good Luck to all the fishers hard at work out there, because it sure is time consuming. On a side note that is my friends house and he did the deco, my fish are just on display there because it is the alliance fish house. So props to him for doing a bang up job on his pad. Feel free to check out the house during the rares fest on LS next month, that is when it will be open to the public.

B

Beastmaster

I finally landed a dungeon pike last night. But it was a true minnow, 20 stones. I think that's the smallest weight rare you can catch. I have horrible luck fishing there by the Ophidians. I've taken several long walks to Papua in the world of the grey. It seems the spawn loves to spawn right on top of me in there and catch me off guard every time. My poor beetle is starting to show an aversion to that hole as well.

Mr Bug

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh believe me I've taken my share of dirt naps in tera keep as well as my poor beetle. They tend to spawn on your head in midcast...Congrats on your dungeon pike though thats a pretty nice accomplishment!!

Bman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welp, I spent about 6 hours in the Terathan Keep trying for a Dungeon Pike to no avail... Just having some bad RNG lately...

Managed to scoop up about 100 of each dungeon fish, also burnt through about 80 traps while I was there and collected up some Spider Crabs during my stay..

Back at it later this week...

Bman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another night of fishing for a rare fish... tonight took me to the depths of the Labyrinth in hunt for the Rare Seeker Fish...

Once again I was blanked on these highly sought after rare fish... spent about 5 hours on and off in there, did end up with about 70 of each dungeon fish tonight.

Beginning to think that Albatross has fish out all our rare fish on LS and put them on the Distinction list!!

Guess I will be back at it again tomorrow night... Wish me Luck!

Mr Bug

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's just bad luck I got the Seeker fish 3 casts into my 2nd fishing spot and promptly got the hell out of there. Sometimes you get lucky!!!