• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

my cu pets

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I had two cus in stables that were at 3 followers. now they are at 4 followers. what happen? I did not train them at all yet. did I miss something? anyone one else have this problem? I better not say anything else lol.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
the publish that came out today was suppose to rebalance pets or something.

kitiara-atlantic

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Same here. My never-trained, pre-pub-97 cu sidhes all went to 4 slots - even the ones that sucked to begin with.

For example - my black cu, which was not naturally high stats to begin with (2.7 rating or 54% of max possible stats - 605 str, 545 hp, 288 int, 58/26/84/37/84) jumped to 4 slots with pub 98. He was nearly fully skill trained though (GM wrestling, tactics, anatomy, med, 79 resist, 91 healing). Not worth training up now.

A guild mate is reporting the same thing with his pre-97 untrained cu sidhes, even the ones with horrible stats that were just kept for color.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They did not announce this very well. But now, the pre pub 97 Cus will not drop to 3 slots when you click the button.

When 97 hit, Cus dropped to 3 slots when you click the train button. Now the pre 97 are stuck at 4 slots to start.

This is bad for anyone that returns and missed that window. Or didn't train because they were waiting for things to stabilize.

It will be bad if the same happens to giant beetles and fire beetles and Lesser Hiryus and Nightmares.

They should have included this in the 98 changes. Some noticed it on TC so we told any new people that happened to be around to click that button before 98 went live.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Big bummer! Missed the boat again.
This only hurts people who are returning or had waited. If you tame a new Cu, it is 3 slots. So someone comes back and we tell them how fun and great taming is now. But then we tell them they need to kill off all of their Cus and possibly other pets.

Why wasn't this in the patch notes?

kitiara-atlantic

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They did not announce this very well.
Agreed. I've been following patch notes, conversations, forums, TC testing, etc religiously. Clearly I misunderstood how the slot-jump fix would apply (or not) to pre-97 pets. I'm glad pets now are set to proper slots upon tame instead of jumping randomly during training, but to completely ignore pre-patch pets is a bad decision imo, for reasons you stated. I was (incorrectly) assuming that the pet change code fixing pets from that exploit would generally fix any pets. It's harming pets that weren't exploited; helping seemed equally likely.

Shrug. Not so.

swampjumper

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes i have many stuck 4 slot cus,3 slot lesser hirus,3 slot blue beetles is say Garbage this should have been fixed they need to go back to drawimg board to correct this.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Have you tried releasing and retaming?

After all, on my non-tamers, after the original changes came in I released and retamed all my old giant beetles to get them to drop to 1 slot. Then, I had to rebond them.

Belmarduk

Adventurer
Has this issue with the window always popping up, when you only have a few points left ( too few to assign ) been resolved ??

To be honest I haven't logged in since, because I was quite pissed off about this after spending hours training a pet....

Greetings

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It doesn't appear to be fixed. My extra point pets are firmly stabled until they do fix it though. The bulk of my playing is done on a laptop and that pop up has to take up some space no matter where you drag it. :(

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Did you try to add the few extra points to the manna pool? It seems to accept even 1 point.

Belmarduk

Adventurer
Yes everything is assigned - I cannot assign the extra points anywhere and its not playable this way - After spending hours training this pet this is a real disappointment....

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes everything is assigned - I cannot assign the extra points anywhere and its not playable this way - After spending hours training this pet this is a real disappointment....
That happens on pets if you dont plan ahead and use regens to eat the points. Tigers can still have too many points.

Belmarduk

Adventurer
Unfortunatey I did not take into account that I had to plan ahead, that a system was badly designed - this is something that should not happen....
If atleast they stop the gump appearing all the time
Well whatever, haven't logged in since and my subscription is due again in sept. - I will quite likely resub but this is something which makes me rethink if I should have restarted UO again after all these years...
I currently am not thinking about it seriously, but if my castle must fall again, all my chars will be deleted and not parked with all their stuff in an Inn again...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Unfortunatey I did not take into account that I had to plan ahead, that a system was badly designed - this is something that should not happen....
Well whatever, haven't logged in since and my subscription is due again in sept. - I will quite likely resub but this is something which makes me rethink if I should have restarted UO again after all these years...
I currently am not thinking about it seriously, but if my castle must fall again, all my chars will be deleted and not parked with all their stuff in an Inn again...
Make a new one. You will enjoy the tamer revamp. When you get to the last stage add regens. That will eat the points.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Do like the rest of us if that gump is realy impossible to deal with, just delete the pet unless you scrolled it. The fact remains that this was a big revamp and the only one in taming for ages. Naturally there need be bug fixes and tweaks, on the top of the dozens of changes since the beginning of the revamp. We have players coming from the so called free shards back to uo again, and they are impressed and pleased with the changes. Anyways my point is try to have some fun, thats what the game is all about, the other thing is community and fellowship.
GL to you my friend, enjoy the game.