• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Provocation] My Barding for Dummies book doesn't cover this question

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have finished my 4x120 Glorious Bard and set out to conquer the wild beasts of Sorsaria. Everything went according to the book, until I was trying to Provoke Paragon Cu's in the Twisted Weald and got the message, "You can't incite That". Why can't I Provoke them? Also, when I tried to Provoked a regular Cu onto the Paragon Cu, It would attack me. What am I missing in this puzzle aside from the obvious lack of experience and knowledge?

Thanks

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Barding difficulty for paragons is super high. If you go to uoguide and look at creature descriptions, there is a lil slot for "barding difficulty". If they are 160, then it's a lot of fails.

fonsvitae

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I have finished my 4x120 Glorious Bard and set out to conquer the wild beasts of Sorsaria. Everything went according to the book, until I was trying to Provoke Paragon Cu's in the Twisted Weald and got the message, "You can't incite That". Why can't I Provoke them? Also, when I tried to Provoked a regular Cu onto the Paragon Cu, It would attack me. What am I missing in this puzzle aside from the obvious lack of experience and knowledge?

Thanks
I am not sure if a para Cu is bardable (I suspect it is), but here are a few things that will help your chances: a) use a fey slayer instrument (adds 20% bonus), b) discord the Cu (this lowers its barding difficulty), c) have the bard skill you are aiming to use selected as mastery (i.e., if provoking, have provoke mastery selected; this adds 10% for selected mastery and 5% for others) and d) use virtuoso suit pieces (this doubles the aforementioned mastery bonus).

Good luck.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Thanks
In my experience any paragon with a barding difficulty of 160 can not be the first target of a provoke unless you discord it first. Even with discord to make it possible, you will fail a lot.

Cork

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Slayer instruments are your friend. But they gimped bards in a way with the 160 barding difficulty on a lot of creatures. Even with the proper slayer instrument you still have a low chance. That's why I only use legendary Bards as support characters now.