• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

My Bane Dragon - recommendations

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hi this is my bane dragon as he stands now:

upload_2017-7-15_11-41-18.png

No regens as yet.

Now what to do with him. I only have the one so there is no taming another etc. I am on siege so I can't copy it to test centre to muck around :(

Right now the feeling is

upload_2017-7-15_11-51-47.png

But that is with no regens, and limited scrolling and just nudging the hps/str up a little and adding 400 mana, maxing resists.

I am tossing up between Goo/AI and Poison Breath/Ven Bite.

For those of you with banes, what did you pick and what would you recommend given the above? I am looking for a spawning/general purpose pet.

What would you do an why?

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good evening, MissEcho, you have pretty solid build there.. if ya don't mind I have a few changes that would increase is effectiveness... The best advice I can give is DO NOT TURN ON MAGE MASTERY.. sorry for the cap but its a point that must be stressed... because of the protection spell mage mastery forces pets to use turning it on make them lower their phy resist to 60 at all times .. ruining them for any type of spawn or boss fight play.. as the bosses go from hitting them for 20-30 .. to 70-90..I would undo the following changes on the plan list and re use them for mana reg the -30 from str increase( your bless buff from magery will make up for this lose),-66 HP( mine only has 600 its more the enough ^_~),-50 magery I(ts just not enough of a gain for the ponts spent.), -1 magery mastery.. with the 195 ya have left over this will give ya 342 points.. I would use 20 of it for a 120 focus PS cant beat the net gain ( 2-3 HP reg, 2-3stam Reg, 1-2 mana reg).. the points that are left should give ya 26 mana reg.. more then enough to fuel the might of your new demo god aoe spawn owning mount.. the 1-5 points left over put into mana and there ya go.. a bane dragon that will put even the strongest of other pets to shame with tis pure power.. .. hope this helps.. if ya have any questions about this feel free to post or message me.. =^-^=

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks for the above. Have you any input on goo/AI v poison breath/ven bite?

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
for spawn clearing power I favor goo over the other aoe for a bane... they retuned its AI so it hardly uses it at all in single target .. so its a real mana saver.. and on spawns that have adds that are immune to poison its a huge damage gain... plus when you pair goo with the banes passive poison breath attack, and its damage reflect fireball move.. its like it has 3 aoes and armor ignore increases its single target might.soo this is a fine 2nd moves to give it.. banes are the only pet with this combo.. and it makes them by far one of the best aoe pets in the game right now. as their passive don't cost mana they just use stew power.. so feed them stew and watch them work =^-^=

Last edited:

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
ahh sorry guess I should of posted this before the last post.. bane dragons have some passive moves that are fueled by an unseen mana bar that stew gives them... these moves also don't show up on the lore list.. one of them is the damage reflect where they will negate a small amount of damage and fire it back as a fire ball.. the other is poison breath.. a free aoe that hits everything with 6th lvl poison... its one of the best things about them,.. they come soo pre loaded... in champ spawns they can own so much.. so if ya give them goo you will see it going off .. then the fire balls.. then the poison.. and the lands just melt in their wake..So yes the two best move combos Ive found for a spawn bane is goo and armor ignore as the rest are built in.. =^-^=

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Great thanks. I didn't know that about the magery mastery so will definitely skip that. With regards to mana, I have noticed on pretty much every pet, no matter what the starting mana is 1200+, 5-600, 300 etc that within five mins of constant fighting the mana is down to 0-50 and stays there for the duration so how much value is there in acutally 'adding' mana? On these pets I have generally put the full 30 mr as well so wonder why it appears to make little to no difference. Here I have tentatively added it from 125 > 400 but wonder if it is actually worth it, could I get away with 300 etc and is there some kind of magic number on a bane?

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
a lot of value.. see another good thing about the.. the passives it uses don't use mana.. so.. while its using those in combat.. its reg mana to use attacks.. soo adding the mana reg is huge =^-^=

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
yeah but what about the 'starting' mana? Does it make much dif if it has 2 3 or 400 mana etc?

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
with the goo spec I would shot for as over 400 closer to 500 mark .... that way .. while its using the passive mana is pooling back up.. witht he 120 focus..and the buff to int .. I think ya will see a nice mana return.. I go for at least 400 because of the combo values.. if its to low to start.. it may cause a pause in the combos.... considering that most of the combos a bane uses are not mana dependant it allows for stronger damage.. and the extra wiggle room allows for more sustained damage. =^-^=

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I tried playing with my Bane on TC a bit and in my case it seems to be severely short of points. No room for scrolls, Mana, Int or HPR. I did max out Str, but did not touch HP.
upload_2017-7-15_12-43-28.png

Timothy4464

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I enjoyed reading about how effective banes are in spawns, what about killing the champ itself? I assume it can take a Piper down, what about Rikktor? or Neira.
PS- would Chiv work with goo and AI? or is that too many points?

Timothy4464

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
To clarify I was asking if Bane Drag can solo the champ bosses, I would use consume dmg and range heals for Rikky. Piper doesnt matter as much cause no AoE

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good morning Timothy, I find its pretty easy to solo most of the champs spawn and the boss using the banes.. my chiv AI bane makes fairly quick work of most of them.. Most that make the chiv banes leave goo off as its 100 points and the banes passive aoe is already fairly strong.. Most chiv banes taken to max are left with about 500-700 mana at best.. taking away the extra 200 mana can often be a huge damage / effectiveness lose for them.. If you are fighting the daemon champ don't use a chiv bane.. the magery one is better suited for this.. as its huge burst causes the reflect damage to 2-3 shot its self and is nearly impossible to keep it alive... The steady damage of the magery and ai hits are much ezier to handle.. as for a boss like Rikktor its all about using the spell wall of stone to stop his cast on you and to invis should his aoe nick ya and cause an aggro switch..(make sure to use teleport over walking to move around him.. as it also causes a aggro switch) it will take alittle longer then most champs but the bane take him down rather nicely.. I do tend to use a chiv lesser hiryu over the bane for that boss though,,, as the combo of G claw , armor ignore and chiv is just sooo nice at knocking that beasty off its feet... hope this helps mate.. I think I shall return to bed.. take it ez everyone =^-^=