• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[General] My ABC Archey Suit

Kelly Daze

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is my first attempt at building a suit. Yes I know I forgot to powder fort some pieces...But live and learn. A 3/6 Archer....I haven't made the bow. Bow will be comp bow with DI, FC1, HSL, SSI, maybe Hit harm or something like that, maybe even hit life ...

120 Archery
120 Tactics
120 anatomy
120 bushido (still working)
120 chiv (still working)
120 med

I reforged, powder of fort (well on 2 pieces lol), imbue, and enchanced. Please guys if you have suggestions, I would love to hear.

Attachments

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
By choosing/going for studded armour pieces, you would have been able to reach 15 extra lmc. (3 lmc for each bone/studded part, that adds to the cap of 40. That bonus is capped at 5 pieces)
I might be wrong, but isnt chiv capped at 4/4. So i guess, your already wasting 0/2.
If you aim for chaining lightning strikes from bush, you could go for less hci. (LS gives 45 hci, which doesnt exceed the cap of 45.)

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
120 focus and reforged/enhanced studded leather armour would have been a much better option.
55 lmc helps greatly specially since it is difficult to reach the 10 mana cost reduction on special attacks with an ABC archer.
And since DCI is not something you often see at an archer suit, refining it to all 75s, or at least 75 phys, 75 fire, 75 energy increases your survivability quite a bit.
120 focus instead of 120 med also add plenty of stam regen, which can come handy at many situations. And the mana regen it provides proves to be enough for your needs.

Kelly Daze

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When did make lmc max 55? And when did they make the changes to studded? Studded armor use to be non-medable

LowdownandShifty

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
When did make lmc max 55? And when did they make the changes to studded? Studded armor use to be non-medable
Publish 81 states, "Each piece of non medable armor will provide lower mana cost with the exception of woodland armor. Each piece of armor up to five pieces will provide a percentage which is not subject to the lower mana cost cap of 40." So lmc is still capped at 40, but inherent armor bonuses don't count towards the cap.

It goes on to say, "Studded leather, hide armor, stone armor and bone armor provides 3% of lower mana cost per piece."

Studded is still non-medable.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Studded leather isn't medable. In order to make other armor viable all non-medable armor (except woodland) now adds to the LMC cap and reduces the amount of stamina lost when being hit. If I remember right, it's like bone/studded add 3, chain 2 and plate 1.... something to that effect.

Kelly Daze

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If studded leather isn't medable then I really don't see the point. You are relying completely on mana leech. I had a suit like that on my sampire and hated it.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
With 120 focus and good MR, you don't need 120 med. You will regen mana fast enough for what is needed.
My archer wears studded leather with 20 mr and 120 focus. I love the 55 lmc and focus helps with the stamina as well, keeping it always high.

Kelly Daze

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With 120 focus and good MR, you don't need 120 med. You will regen mana fast enough for what is needed.
My archer wears studded leather with 20 mr and 120 focus. I love the 55 lmc and focus helps with the stamina as well, keeping it always high.
My only concern is I have not healing. This is why I am was looking at going with med.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
With refinements, you will take less damage.
Add HML to the bow instead of HSL since with focus you have a good amount of stam regen, and in case of need, you can divine fury for extra stamina.
That way you will always have enough mana for casting close wounds. :)

Kelly Daze

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With refinements, you will take less damage.
Add HML to the bow instead of HSL since with focus you have a good amount of stam regen, and in case of need, you can divine fury for extra stamina.
That way you will always have enough mana for casting close wounds. :)

What is all this talk about refinements? What is refinements?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
What is all this talk about refinements? What is refinements?
http://uo2.stratics.com/items/magic-item-properties/armor-refinement

It seems a bit complex from the outside, but the main idea is that with them you can sacrifice DCI cap for extra resists (up to 75 on all resists, 80 on energy on elves and down to 25 DCI cap iirc) or sacrificing resists for DCI (resists down to 65, DCI up to 75, iirc) on non meddable armour.
Sacrificing resists for DCI is a pretty dumb idea, but sacrificing DCI for resists makes lots of sense for archers. 75 fire resist cap means those firebreaths from greater dragons deal less than 60 HP damage, and that makes a huge difference.
It also helps you surviving mages, since you will take less damage from spells.

Keep in mind that your suit needs to accommodate the extra resists. No use to have 75 fire resist cap and only 70 fire resist on your suit.

Tsadkiel

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you want to compare, here is mine in progress (the one I have is brave but it dates from a time when imbuing, refinement and forged metal of artifact did not exist)
Anatomy 120
Archery 120
Tactics 120
Bushido 120
Chivalry 120
Healing 100
Resist 80 (or focus)

Artifacts :
Mace and shield reading glasses
Slither
Shroud of the Condemned
Corgul's Enchanted Sash
Despical quiver physical
Crimson
Mythical Detective of the Royal Guard

Woodland Armor 5 pieces reforged and enhanced with heartwood: Resists 90-75-75-75-75 MI 40 SI 40 LRC 40 DI 10 HCI 25 HPR 3 (and 40 unwanted luck)
Should be real 75 when I will have the needed refinement components (mibs, mibs,....)

Jewels with 55 skills, SSI, DCI, DI and intel increase (always hunting at shame for this damn 5-10 SSI brace)

Composite bows with HML, HSL, SSI, DI, Slayer

At the end I shoud have with DF:
Resists 90-75-75-75-75
40 MI, 40 SI, 23 HPI, 7 HPR
17 Intel, 15 Dex, 10 Strenght
40 LMC, 45 HCI, 20 DCI, 100 DI, 60 SSI

Most (all?) ideas come from Corwin posts on the subject