• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Must we all be happy with our game experiance ?

• Thread starter MonaLittlemore
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
M

MonaLittlemore

I dont understand why if someone posts with some kind of negativity about Ealand theres the whole ..Rah rah from the cheerleaders..Does in not say that game experiance may vary ? I havent been able to play in EA land for 4 days now..Should I be happy like some people * Who can actually play..Stop belittling people who share a different experiance than you ..You may not be going thru the problems they are having playing this game or not being able to play like me ..I wonder how chipper you would be not being able to play at all ...Bring on the cheerleaders lol

I

imported_Juniper Skye

You'll soon learn that there's never a happy medium around here! But we're all in this together. I think it's important to look in the bright side of things!

I just reinstated my TSO account and was not able to get into ea Land for 3 days. This morning I was able so that made me pretty happy! I'm going to go with my gut and say it was because I did the free trial first and it took a few days for my account to kick into the full version......I like to make up my own reasons for why things are.

G

Sorry, I don't like this thread. I haven't been able to play in EALand going on 4 days now. I'm not complaining about it because I have trust in the dev team. I was told they are working on it. I understand they have a million different things on their plate at the moment and not everything can be fixed in a single day. I sincerely applaud Lee and some of the other devs who take this work home with them. Many a times that I've had issues and talked with Lee about them, he was at home, not at work. This is why I'm so patient with them. If they are willing to take time out of their personal lives to help us, I think we should cut them some slack. Tear that up all you want.

M

MonaLittlemore

I am not stateing they arent working hard on the game ..I am however saying that I am not happy...I have spent more time in the last month not being able to play...Castnet error..stuck in lots all day..One point for a week I couldnt even load the game...I have been back for 154 days and Im guessing I have played for maybe 30 of them...I talked to the developers who told me they were debugging my sim...And the just sighned off and no I still cant play in ealand..So when should I start the party?

N

NightFlyer

I feel for you and all the others that are having issues with getting in the game and are unhappy.

I seems to be a real problem for some and hopefully will be resolved soon.

And since it seems to be not so much of a problem for some others the devs should concentrate thier efforts on getting you and the poor unhappy locked out sims back in the game ASAP.

Let the patient-all-supporting-the devs can do no wrong-rah-rahs wait until they have the time to get to them. After all, it isn't a problem for them.

G

There is a direct corelation between how we say something and the response we recieve.

A complaint about Customer Service could be stated:

A. I am upset at not being able get Customer Service on the line for the last 4 days, any suggestions? (asking for help or imput)

B. Customer Service for this game has always been the pits, I *never* get help I need from them. (complaining)

C. This game suks, it's always suked and it always *will* suk.....and everyone who doesn't share my (current) hate and anger for this game, is a suk-y cheerleader.
(creating drama, trolling for more hate and anger responses)

Maybe it is your own attitude, that is responsible for the results you get from your posts?

A lot of what is called 'cheerleading' in City Hall, are just posters, who aren't angry and hate-filled about the game, posting to say so.

G

Did you read my post Nightflyer? I too am stuck not being able to get into EALand. It's been 4 days now that it says I am a non payer. Maybe I'm just more patient than most I guess.

G

*TTL*

Everybody is entitled to their opinion. Some of our opinions will be positive, while others are negative. There is one thing that we all have control over, however, and this is the way that we express our opinions. Criticism can be constructive or destructive.

If everybody with negative comments were able to put them forth in a way that supports the community and allows for dev's to respond without frustration, overall I think everybody would get along a little better.

If I had to guess, I would say that most of the cheerleaders play out to be much more positive in an effort to bring spirits up within the community. They are possibly trying to counter-act those who are constantly negative.

In the same sense, those who are negative may be acting out frustrations against the constant positive approach of the cheerleaders.

Whether or not we will all admit it, not every change will be a positive one. Not every change will be a negative one. The question is, are we going to point out ALL of the bads? Are we going to point out ALL of the goods? Or can we point out the good AND bad of EVERY idea in an effort to support the devs and at the same time get what we as players want?

I'm pretty certain of the three choices I know which one will build the community most.

D

dinaj

A credit to our accounts for lost time would help smooth things over, that would definately give me more patience.

I

imported_TheCookieFamily

<blockquote><hr>

I dont understand why if someone posts with some kind of negativity about Ealand theres the whole ..Rah rah from the cheerleaders..Does in not say that game experiance may vary ? I havent been able to play in EA land for 4 days now..Should I be happy like some people * Who can actually play..Stop belittling people who share a different experiance than you ..You may not be going thru the problems they are having playing this game or not being able to play like me ..I wonder how chipper you would be not being able to play at all ...Bring on the cheerleaders lol

[/ QUOTE ]

No, we all shouldn't be happy with the experience, because we're all different people. It just turns out that more people are happy than not.

When Betaville was released, it was the exact opposite. But we all managed to live. They'll get there, don't you worry. They'll find some way to make everyone at least half way happy. They're are skilled in this area, so just leave it to EA.

I

imported_SimTripps

<blockquote><hr>

Mona, to answer your original question, yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I 2nd that lol...

G

Ah, you're learning. If you ever, ever, EVER post even ONE little line that is anything short of a RAH RAH...then yes indeed, you'll be branded for life.

Join the club. The sane ones here salute you for having the guts to notice the king is naked.

M

MonaLittlemore

Yes I have noticed
I post good links as well..tho it has been far and between ..But as soon as I post a thread not being happy ..I get that , and mainly from people who can play the game with no problems ..I m happy that the devolopers are makeing changes * some anyway * ..But in ways I feel like if they were handed a plate of golden poop ..They would say ohh yummy..And those that didnt want it , ..How dare you not enjoy that yummy plate of golden poop.....Sorry everyone but sometimes poop STINKS !!!

M

MonaLittlemore

I also find it very funny that this thread gets so much attention but the thread in connectivity I posted gets none ...Hmm just a lot to say about nothing I guess ,,

D

dinaj

LOL poop always stinks. However this game does not always smell. I wonder how things would be if eveyone just went along with whatever they (EA) did and never voiced an opposing opinion or complained about bugs?

and NO I am NOT saying this game is poop! I love this game as much as any of you do. Edited for the poster's that read into things that were never meant.

I

imported_sedusa

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I have seen and read both sides of the coin that you speak of. I agree with you in that there is no excuse for belittling someone. What good does that do, none. But, not all people do that, some just simply disagree. The good thing about opposing sides is you get a wider view of things.

Since TC3 opened I have yet to return to a production city and thus far it has limited the problems I have had a great deal, but am I happy with everything that is happening, no I am not. Am I a cheerleader... I like to think of myself as a wait-n-see type, and if I am not happy I have no problem saying so. I would be very unhappy if I couldn't play for days at a time, and I do understand that the devs are very busy people working hard to change the game and make it profitable, but IMHO if they dont keep players able to play the changes will mean nothing. I also realize the meaning of beta and test, and am willing to wait for things to change how long I could wait and remain a happy camper if I couldn't login would be limited.

I dont feel how you say something on here makes tons of difference as people tend to infur what they will and no two people are alike. Although, I must say nicer words get nicer responses most times. I say never be afraid to speak your mind but do expect others to respond in a manner which you may or may not like.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Oh man. I am so sorry to hear about all the problems you are having. Sounds like your sim is really corrupted in some way. Have you tried sending a PM to Parizad or Lee about your problem?

If it makes you feel any better, I'll let you in on a little secret. Having been a proud cheerleader for the past 5+years, I can assure you that I get attacked quite often for being happy.

Miss you in game and hope you get help soon!

G

<blockquote><hr>

I also find it very funny that this thread gets so much attention but the thread in connectivity I posted gets none ...Hmm just a lot to say about nothing I guess ,,

[/ QUOTE ]

FYI, Tech is a limited discussion forum, for presenting technical problems, not discussing the game. It makes it very frustrating for the team to gather data and have their responses seen in chatty threads. If they have no answers, yet and no one else has a solution to offer, then there will be little response.

Just in case anyone is thinking of hopping over there, to generally console or commiserate with folks in that forum....please don't.

This thread, on the other hand, is about posting in City Hall....and everyone has an opinion on that subject!

C

calvinscreeksim

<blockquote><hr>

I must say nicer words get nicer responses most times. I say never be afraid to speak your mind but do expect others to respond in a manner which you may or may not like.

[/ QUOTE ]

yep true, you can make an opposing viewpoint on here and try to sound nice but you will still be thrashed by pom poms, links, and long boring posts about how opinions are flawed.

G

So what is it you want?

The complete freedom to post your feelings anyplace, any way, any time, and anyone that doesn't agree with you, 100%, will not be allowed to express their opinion in your thread? Will you give the same right to the opposition?

It seems to me, that people spend as much time complaining about other poster's failure to support their opinion, as they do about the game.

Which is silly, because if everyone agreed, then every thread would be one post long! It would be like playing football with only one team on the field....every pass would lead to a touchdown....and a totally pointless game!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Homer: The code of the schoolyard, Marge! The rules that teach a boy to be a man. Let's see. [enumerates them on his fingers] Don't tattle. Always make fun of those different from you. Never say anything, unless you're sure everyone feels exactly the same way you do.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you follow the code of the schoolyard here on stratics and in game. You should be okay.

G

<blockquote><hr>

You'll soon learn that there's never a happy medium around here! But we're all in this together. I think it's important to look in the bright side of things!

I just reinstated my TSO account and was not able to get into ea Land for 3 days. This morning I was able so that made me pretty happy! I'm going to go with my gut and say it was because I did the free trial first and it took a few days for my account to kick into the full version......I like to make up my own reasons for why things are.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT....EA Land is still in beta. Therefore it's unreasonable at this stage IMHO to expect everything to run smoothly 100% or even 90% of the time. If you're tired of the bugs you could always just take a break from the game for a while as in not try to log in until you see there's been a fix. As long as you don't cancel your account, this would not effect (affect? never can get those right) your sims, and you would not get flames for espousing negativity.

Also for me, it's all in presentation. I'm fine with people expressing displeasure, as long as they manage to do it without blaming, namecalling or otherwise flaming the devs who are doing their damnedest for us at this point, and as long as they can manage to at least interject a bit of positivity along with their displeasure. It's the 200% negative, kicking and screaming like a 4 year old having a tantrum posts that really get under my skin, because those types of posts might be good for venting, but they are NOT good for morale around here. Venting like that IMO is better done on a one one basis with those on your YIM list, and surely people have some TSO players there....I know I do, even though I don't talk to half of them very often anymore. Pop over to HL and start a "Let's share YIMs" list again if you don't have anybody on your list. I'm sure someone will swap IDs with you that would love to commiserate and wallow in it for a bit.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I must say nicer words get nicer responses most times. I say never be afraid to speak your mind but do expect others to respond in a manner which you may or may not like.

[/ QUOTE ]

yep true, you can make an opposing viewpoint on here and try to sound nice but you will still be thrashed by pom poms, links, and long boring posts about how opinions are flawed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not. true. at. all. I have not seen a single person who has come in calmly and succinctly expressing a problem without all the histronics connected to it get any of the treatment you describe. The ones who do get it are the ones I talk about above. It's all about presentation. If you can't be arsed to express your opinion constructively, then you can expect the response it will get. How much more simple could it get?

M

MonaLittlemore

DId you mean hysterics ? I was unsure..In fact I forgot all about this post *laughs* ..And you know what ? Point well taken
Happy Simin
)

G

<blockquote><hr>

DId you mean hysterics ? I was unsure..In fact I forgot all about this post *laughs* ..And you know what ? Point well taken
Happy Simin
)

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, I did mean histrionics. Read the definition and then read some of the complaint posts. Another, more derrogatory term would be drama queens, but then that would be flaming and therefore inappropriate. Histrionics covers it nicely I think

M

MonaLittlemore

Im hardly a drama queen
But you dont know me so you wouldnt know that
But I do appreciate all sides and opinions that people have
So thank you for yours ..And the english lesson you gave me
Happy Simin

G

Just for clarification, the drama queen interjection wasn't directed at you specifically. Trust me, if you read the posts here regularly you will see that there are MANYYYYYY who are more emphatic and 'drama-seeking' than you ever have been.

I do realize it gets tiresome to feel like you're (the collective you're) getting jumped on when you (collective you) say something negative, but for me the reason I always try to put a positive spin on things is because I want potential or current newbies in the game to see that there are just as many, and hopefully even more positive things than there are negative. I really believe just general burnout with the game causes alot of the chronic negativity seen on the boards......the ones that don't complain just once in a while, it's interjected into nearly every post. Every time I read a post from one of those posters it just makes me realize more that it's time for them to really take a step back and a break, even if they keep their account going for the sake of not losing their sims. Burnout makes people negative/bitchy in RL too, especially in the workforce. Those who are unhappy with their profession make lousy co-workers and usually the negativity spreads like a cancer over all those around them to various degrees. I don't want to see that happen here, so I try to counteract it with positivity to hopefully eliminate some of the spread. If that makes me a cheerleader or a Pollyanna, even though I've only visited the Community Pub in TC3 once and have yet to be able to get into EA Land, then so be it....LOL

M

MonaLittlemore

Well I sure am glad to see someone who knows everything about the game and reallife..Must be hard to be that perfect

G

<blockquote><hr>

Well I sure am glad to see someone who knows everything about the game and reallife..Must be hard to be that perfect

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not think having an overall positive attitude about life = knowing everything about the game and RL. You started this thread pissed off that people were taking digs at those who are negative. Now you resort to the same thing. If it's not OK for them to do it to you then it's not OK for you to do it to them (me). Make up your friggin mind already.

C

Cruz Cavera

<blockquote><hr>

Sorry, I don't like this thread. I haven't been able to play in EALand going on 4 days now. I'm not complaining about it because I have trust in the dev team. I was told they are working on it. I understand they have a million different things on their plate at the moment and not everything can be fixed in a single day. I sincerely applaud Lee and some of the other devs who take this work home with them. Many a times that I've had issues and talked with Lee about them, he was at home, not at work. This is why I'm so patient with them. If they are willing to take time out of their personal lives to help us, I think we should cut them some slack. Tear that up all you want.

[/ QUOTE ] *Stops Reading* after "I'm not complaining about it because I have trust in the dev team." Goodluck on trusting them, we can never get an update without having to pay for it.

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

A credit to our accounts for lost time would help smooth things over, that would definately give me more patience.

[/ QUOTE ]

As I was reading responses, that was what was going through my mind. I am still a paying customer, so when I can't play for 4 days, I don't care what other players gaming experience is like at that time. I just want to play the game I pay for.

If there are going to be problems due to the changes, then they really should consider either a free beta test, or credit to our accounts for down time...otherwise they should expect people to complain...

And since I know I won't be getting a credit, I complain when I feel its necessary, and for those who disagree, that's ok...just don't tell me how I should feel.

I

imported_kellydor

agreed. way too much dev toosh licking around here at time. sometimes people just need to express frustration. this is partially why i don't frequent the site as much anymore. i'm all for teamwork and giving my support, but to some people, these changes aren't ideal. i don't really mind either way. I just wish people would stop bashing each other because someone bashed somebody about something someone said about something...somehow

G

<blockquote><hr>

And since I know I won't be getting a credit, I complain when I feel its necessary, and for those who disagree, that's ok...just don't tell me how I should feel.

[/ QUOTE ]

*bangs head against the wall*

Telling somebody how to feel, and advising them on how to word how they already feel so that it is better received by those reading it are two totally different things. It's kinda like the difference between walking up to your spouse and saying 'Hey get off your lazy ass and go mow the lawn' and 'Honey I'd appreciate it if you'd mow the lawn as soon as you can, it's getting kinda thick looking'. When you say the second one, you very well might be thinking about what a lazy person you married, but to express it that way would just cause unnecessary waves and hurt feelings that aren't necessary. Common courtesy, caring about other people's feelings......there's what seems to be a foreign concept for some people (collectively) around here. Yes, we all pay for the game, but the devs are real people who give up sometimes a significant time of what is supposed to be their free time to fix things that are wrong with the game. I don't think a little bit of appreciation and gratitude and repression of whatever frustration we might feel in light of thinkiing of those facts is out of line. Doesn't mean that you won't be fuming out the ears like someone with max charisma trying out their new skill, doesn't mean that you don't want to go punch something, but damn....try a punching bag instead of the devs and the rest of the people here.

In light of that last bit of advice I'm gonna do that myself. I'm done for a while.....it seems the words just won't drill through sometimes and I'm getting frustrated trying to stay positive and encourage others and getting 'don't tell me how to feel' and cheerleader and pompom snide jokes and remarks in return.

G

*Just hitting reply*

Well I for one am having fun in game at the moment *shock horror*

OK finding out 'what item pays most today' so you can build your house is a PITA but thats life and we knew it was coming.

The end result - more people talking and laughing together thats why I'm enjoying myself.

G

<blockquote><hr>

*Just hitting reply*

Well I for one am having fun in game at the moment *shock horror*

OK finding out 'what item pays most today' so you can build your house is a PITA but thats life and we knew it was coming.

The end result - more people talking and laughing together thats why I'm enjoying myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I were to build a new money house, I would just slowly build up an inventory of all the money objects that correspond with each of the 6 skills, keeping whatever was low paying in my inventory and placing it out when it seems to become the 'hawt' item again. The single job objects (not talking multi-player....it's possible to have 2 of each of those out at all times and be covered no matter what) are not that expensive anyway, and earning the money would be one of my biggest goals. I realize some people don't like earning money, or having to earn alot of it, but if I was one of those I wouldn't think the effort of doing so would be worth the payoff, so I wouldn't do it, myself. I've never understood why there are people that love to host and loving building houses, yet don't like to earn the money to do so.....to me they almost automatically go hand-in-hand. Wouldn't be the first time I'd found out my perspective/viewpoint was a little weird though

..............OK, now it's time for somebody to disagree with that last statement *bites fingernails in anticipation and eyes get shifty*